HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:53:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spider-Man - Far From Home  (Read 5520 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 16, 2019, 03:49:41 AM »

I guess this means he makes out alive in Avengers!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:36:29 PM »

Cheesy
Looks like

Okay, so who is the big bad guy? The first one? The big green one with concrete looking knees? I saw Hydro-Man, what looks like it could be The Molten-Man(?) and of course Mysterio (OH MY GOD THERE IS A MOVIE WITH MYSTERIO IN IT!!!!!), but who is the big guy?  

EDIT - Okay, not Molten Man?

It appears the villains in this movie are
Mysterio (again, WOO-HOO)
and
The Elementals?
Zephyr - Controls Wind
Hellfire - Fire (I think Molten-Man would've been better!!  Tongue)
Mangum - Earth
Hydron - Water (COME ON! HYDRO-MAN DAMN IT!!!)

I don't remember these guys, but it seems they were an 80's bad guy group. So that is not even Hydro-Man? Well that sucks. Maybe they will change it around some so it is?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:47:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »

my guess...hidden just in case...i have no knowledge of this or confirmation, just my initial thoughts after watching the trailer
i think it will follow Mysterio's 1st appears where he plays the Hero and all the "villians" were setup/created by Mysterio to fool the general public
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »

my guess...hidden just in case...i have no knowledge of this or confirmation, just my initial thoughts after watching the trailer
i think it will follow Mysterio's 1st appears where he plays the Hero and all the "villians" were setup/created by Mysterio to fool the general public

That's a good theory.  I bet you're spot on.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 10:28:16 PM »

(OH MY GOD THERE IS A MOVIE WITH MYSTERIO IN IT!!!!!)

I know, right!!  How awesome is that!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 03:35:01 AM »

I'm with Wringer. I know my Spidey history, and to me, that makes the most sense.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:40 PM »

Anyone seen it yet?

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 01:59:04 AM »

i saw it with The Kid last night.  While not as good as Infinity War or Endgame, it is far better than Iron Man 2 and Thor:The Dark World.  I would put it up there with GOTG and the first Thor. 

STAY FOR 2 POST CREDITS SCENES!!!!!  The first one blew my mind.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 01:12:19 AM »

The first one blew my mind.

That is EXACTLY what my daughter said.  Took her a long time to stop staring with her mouth wide open.

I thought it was a great movie (just got home from the theater).  I keep saying Marvel can’t keep this level of quality up forever.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Maybe they can.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »

saw it yesterday...really enjoyed it...i think more than "homecoming"

I do kinda of wish we had gotten a scene
of May coming to grips with Pete/S-M discovery

i think the played it just right but it certainly didnt fool any fan who knows the history but still a lot of fun

the end credit scene #1 probably has some of the biggest impact of any of the post scenes so far.  Big revelation but the best had to be
the return of Simmons as JJJ
I stood up and clapped like a little girl Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »

I just finally opened my blu ray Saturday night and watched it.

I liked it. Not my favorite though, I won't lie. I think most of us know that I really critique 'my' Superman and Spider-man hardest.

Visually...I hate the end of movie suit. It's just ass. White spider on the back? Change his blue to black (probably easier for CGI against the blue London sky <<and when the hell is London ever blue-skyed? Wink >>, and give him weird fingers with no glove webs for visual interaction? The matte black color was so flat, and just boring to look at. Sorry, it's dumb. He went through 4 costumes through the film, so *settle into cranky ol'Jim rant* 'don't mess with an utter classic; give me my red and blue and let's roll. Starting with that ass-looking Endgame armor bugged me too. Yes, I hated that look as well.

I will always love Tom Holland's portrayal. Maybe I'm old enough now where supposed teen romance just holds no interest for me in the movie? Zendaya does nothing for me as an actress here.

I love reading all the easter eggs about Talos as Fury though; that was some great writing to sneak in all that stuff! (Maria calls him Nick-no one calls him Nick, He jumps on Peter for invoking Captain Marvel's name "You don't get to invoke her name!" as well as stating Beck isn't from 'your earth.'

I loved watching my wife puzzle through Beck and what he was doing, all the way up to the bar reveal, she was like 'what is going on??' then that's what I told her about Mysterio's history.

But the biggest stupid pill was Beck's plan UTTERLY HINGING ON PETER GIVING HIM EDITH!!! Without Edith, he wouldn't be able to succeed at his *endgame* plan. That was such a dopey moment, sorry, it was.

Love Beck's revenge though!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS