HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:59:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 2, 2019! First Comic Book Day of 2019!  (Read 8502 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 12:23:34 AM »

Where does the time go?  I have not read anything since Jan 3rd.  Still only made it through three comics on my list!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »

ComiXology
Heroes in Crisis 4
Bloodshot Rising Spirit 1
Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion 3
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 8 Hell and High Water (Collects issues 42-47)
Echo TPB Vol 4 Collider (Collects issues 16-20)

A Walk Through Hell TPB Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5)

Marvel Unlimited
Venom 1
Venom 2
Doctor Strange 2
Daredevil 604
Cable 158
Avengers 3
Ant-Man & the Wasp 2
Thor 2
Sentry 1
Old Man Hawkeye 6
Multiple Man 1
Marvel Two in One 7

DC Universe[/u]
Manhunter 25
Manhunter 26
Manhunter 27
Manhunter 28
Manhunter 29
Manhunter 30

Made it through a couple of collected editions.  Might make it through one more b4 the night is over.

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 8 Hell and High Water (Collects issues 42-47) - Getting close to the series end and this was the big arc.  I've enjoyed this series and am looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Echo TPB Vol 4 Collider (Collects issues 16-20) -  Another great Terry Moore arc.  His characters are amazing at how they suck you into their lives.  Lots of death in this one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:36 AM »

You didn't comment on the new Bloodshot. I am skipping it, art being the main but not only reason, but how did it hit for you?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 02:28:59 AM »

Bloodshot Rising Spirit 1 - Bloodshot origin story.  I like the start.

Yeah - that's really all I had to say.  I like how its started out.  I could see it going up or down but for now I like it.  I don't remember the art bothering me.  Why didn't you like it?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 02:31:49 AM »

ComiXology
Heroes in Crisis 4
Bloodshot Rising Spirit 1
Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion 3
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 8 Hell and High Water (Collects issues 42-47)
Echo TPB Vol 4 Collider (Collects issues 16-20)
A Walk Through Hell TPB Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5)

Marvel Unlimited
Venom 1
Venom 2
Doctor Strange 2
Daredevil 604
Cable 158
Avengers 3
Ant-Man & the Wasp 2
Thor 2
Sentry 1
Old Man Hawkeye 6
Multiple Man 1
Marvel Two in One 7

DC Universe[/u]
Manhunter 25
Manhunter 26
Manhunter 27
Manhunter 28
Manhunter 29
Manhunter 30

A Walk Through Hell TPB Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5) - HOLY EFFING CRAP PERRY!!  WHAT KIND OF TWISTED SICK STORY HAVE YOU GOTTEN ME INTO?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

I can't wait for Vol 2 to come out.   Shocked

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:35 AM »

Yeah - that's really all I had to say.  I like how its started out.  I could see it going up or down but for now I like it.  I don't remember the art bothering me.  Why didn't you like it?

Not sure really, it just didn't hit me. Combine that with my lack of enthusiasm for the way Valiant is going as a company and I just feel pushed away.
Now don't get me wrong I do hope I am totally, 100% mistaken and they turn things back around, but actions they have taken with editorial (some of their recent firings/hirings have me worried), they way they have stated they are going to push more on the "video/movie" side of the company and lack of, or perceived lack of, trying to get some well known talent on their books (not a slam at current talent) I just see them going the Dynamite route soon. Publishing 50 variant copies of each of their issues, each month, just to say viable.
 Undecided
Again, I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see Valiant like I used to
 Embarrassed

A Walk Through Hell TPB Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5) - HOLY EFFING CRAP PERRY!!  WHAT KIND OF TWISTED SICK STORY HAVE YOU GOTTEN ME INTO?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

DUDE!! That 'thang' is good and creepy, yeah? I just kept picturing, days after I read that one issue, that one agent ... ya know ... emptying his clip they way he does yet ... ya know?!?!?!
 Shocked
And the main "bad guy"Huh? JEEZ talk about Creepy!!!!

Ennis killed it here.
That art isn't bad either.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS