HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:02:12 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatar of the week  (Read 63089 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 01:08:17 PM »

To be different, I'll say the Daily Planet.

Oh man, I didn't even think about doing something like that!!! Darn it. That would have been cool!!! Next time!!!

I’m just going to take a guess and say Lex Luther.

Yeah, had to have him and it makes sense being the first major Supe's baddie.
At least it wasn't a "gimmie" like the last one. Kinda hard to make people even begin to think about who it could be when they are literally on the cover.
 Smiley  Cheesy
And I was surprised to see, so far, with a few more covers in the pic bank, how few times that happens. Of course there are also a few runs of covers that do show the character right up front, but not as many as I thought there would be. At least early on.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »

That was a total lucky guess on my part.  I almost said Lois Lane but figured she's probably been around since the first issue.  Jimmy Olsen was another thought I had.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »

I was going to do a hero list at first, but settled on the villian (or non-hero) list as I couldn't decide what my favorite 52 heroes were. 52 non-hero types are a little easier, but still not overly happy with the list I have ... even still the hero list would be changing every other day I think
 Cheesy

I do like the idea of an ancillary list of characters or, like Jimmy brought to mind, locations (or heck, even objects) so may do that one next time.
 Cheesy

Funny that Lex isn't first on the list like I thought he would be, but going by date he falls in third for me. Spectre made it in as more a force of nature (or Gods wrath) so not a hero. And Namor, while always trying to be around heroes, is anything but one.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »

And we move on ...

Week #1 -

=  

Week 2 -

=

Week #3 -
  = 

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 02:03:33 AM »

is it....

the Joker?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »

is it....

the Joker?

It is!  Cool

And the next one should be another ... semi-easy one, sadly, the cover is just too well known, but then I get to a couple that ... may just tease even the best noggin' memory
 Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 12:26:52 AM »

i'm not sure you can top the first one.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 02:16:56 AM »

Oops.  I looked at the spoilers before I took a guess.  Good one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 10:13:24 AM »

i'm not sure you can top the first one.

Right? I am sure there will be some "I had to look that up"s down the line somewhere, for sure. Hell I didn't know half of these  Cheesy, but that first one ... That had the advantage, at least to me, of being what I thought was a totally different book to begin with. I thought it was the book that both he and the Human Torch first appeared in (Well, I thought they both did anyway)

Oops.  I looked at the spoilers before I took a guess.  

Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »

And we move on (with another pretty darn easy, but a necessary one)...

Week #1 -
 =  

Week 2 -
=

Week #3 -
 =  

Week #4 -
=

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:41:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 02:15:25 PM »

I think the obvious guess from the cover would be Bucky BUT I’m going to go a different route and guess Red Skull.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »

I think the obvious guess from the cover would be Bucky BUT I’m going to go a different route and guess Red Skull.

I just looked it up.

Ha!  I love how you did that.  It couldn’t possibly be so obvious as Cap himself right?  Wrong!   Cheesy

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

i could be totally wrong but i think....

captain america?  also Bucky?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 09:05:17 PM »

Angry

Ha!  I love how you did that.  It couldn’t possibly be so obvious as Cap himself right?  Wrong!   Cheesy

Angry Angry Angry Angry
That's what I get for writing fast. I put the wrong number down and my 7 looked like a 1 and so when it was time to get the images, I grabbed the wrong one.

And Sooo ...
I screwed up. Remember this list will never (or should never *AHEM*) have any heroes in it (Keep in mind The SPectre is not truly a "Hero") and ... again ... this issue was not suppose to highlight one either.
The issue I SHOULD have posted was this one

Which would have been the first appearance of .... (of course) this guy ...

But, as I screwed that up ... on to next weeks!!!
Getting into a couple good ones now ...

And I may add a new twist to this and do this every 5 days or so ... maybe ... and add a different "first" or two in the mix as well. Depending on how I feel each week.
 Grin
But keep in mind, the "first" you should be looking for should never be a first appearance of a hero ... as I do want to make a list for that (or MY favorite heroes I mean) and hope to do so, but that will not be by date and also not be just yet as I can't ever make the list stay the same for any length of time.
 Cheesy
Again, what you are currently looking for with these lists are MY "favorite Firsts". They may not be yours
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:14:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:37 AM »

So I woulda nailed it if you hadn’t screwed up?!?!!!   Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS