HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:50:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Captain Marvel  (Read 12889 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 07, 2018, 06:25:03 PM »

New trailer...

Skrulls!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:05:58 PM »

I forgot to post this last night, but I was absolutely blown away by her hair flying around her head (like in the freeze frame image) She is going all kinda Binary!!!

And that cat ... and Fury's eye?? Hmmmm???  Grin

This is gonna be good !!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:07:23 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »

I forgot to post this last night, but I was absolutely blown away by here hair flying around her head (like in the freeze frame image) She is going all kinda Binary!!!

And that cat ... and Fury's eye?? Hmmmm???  Grin

This is gonna be good !!!

I think so too.  She is very bad ass in this trailer.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »

And that was suppose to be "her" hair, not here hair, of course.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 10:38:04 PM »

Anyone seen it yet - or planning to see it this weekend?

I'm hearing mixed things.  Sounds like the critics like it but the fans aren't thrilled?  Way too early to believe anything until I see it myself so I'll keep my expectations in check.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 11:59:56 PM »

Going Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 06:18:13 AM »

Hopefully Sunday.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »

Got my ticket.  On my way to the theater!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »

Got my ticket.  On my way to the theater!

Well best of luck, hope you have a good time.

I will not be stepping foot in this thread until after I see the movie. I know you will not spoil anything, but I am not looking at any reviews or thoughts until I see this movie. So yeah, I am trying to not even see how it hit for you until afterwards
 Cheesy
But man I hope it hits for you.

I certainly hope this is not the one Marvel movie that ranks the lowest. I would rather see Avengers 4 flop than see this one flop. I want more of the weird/off centric cosmic characters on the big screen and if this falters, it may hurt the rest down the line. Probably not, not yet, but as long as "Super-Hero" movies are getting praise and making money, they will eventually have to turn to the offbeat side of things, and if this hits, at least financially, we will likely see more Cosmic Marvel and then perhaps, a true FF project (though I am not sure the FF can be put on screen again for many a moon.

I just want more Cosmic movie stuff, so please Captain Marvel, "don't hurt 'em"

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »

Just got home.

It’s going to have its haters but I loved it.  Two thumbs up.

I’ll go into what I loved and hated about later (and there are elements of both) but I’ll give others the chance to see it first.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 01:27:30 AM »

3:05 pm tomorrow!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:21 AM »

I saw it today.  I liked it.  I don;t feel like it was the best Marvel movie, but far from the worst (I'm looking at you, Iron Man 2)

1) we see why Fury wants to start the Avengers
2)COULSON!!!!
3)The Stan tribute at the beginning.
4) the first post credit scene gave me goosebumps.

Dislikes:
1)I don't like what they did with the Skrulls.  Does this mean that we get no Bad Skrulls in any future films?
2)THAT'S how Fury loses his eye?  REALLY?
3)I don't know why, but I wasn't a big fan of Annette Benning being Mar-Vell.  I thought Jude Law would have been a great casting choice for Mar-Vell.
4)I wanted to see the big squid headed Supreme Intelligence 

My Theory:
So Captain Marvel got her powers from the tesseract.  We know Scarlet Witch got hers from the mind stone when it was in Loki's scepter.  Who else got powers derived from a stone?  Does Rocket have something going on from the end of the first GOTG flick?  I think there will end up being six individuals who got or get powers derived from a stone and they will have to unite to take down Thanos and the six stones.  What if we find out Cap's super serum was derived from a stone?  Is Thor's hammer imbued with something from the Aether?  Was Black Widow exposed to something during her brainwashing/training?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:47 AM »

JC...I like your theory box!!!

If I add to it:

OH wait, the person has to be alive.

Well, Gamora could be the first one in the Soul stone to take that power.

Carol with the Space, Strange with Time, Rocket with Power, Wanda with Mind, Thor with Reality?

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 03:02:37 AM »

JC...I like your theory box!!!

If I add to it:

OH wait, the person has to be alive.

Well, Gamora could be the first one in the Soul stone to take that power.

Carol with the Space, Strange with Time, Rocket with Power, Wanda with Mind, Thor with Reality?

i'm wondering....

if somehow Hank Pym's technology has something to do with the reality stone?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »

Im with the "It's not the best, it's not the worst Marvel movi" crowd.

I found it to be okay.
Like I was telling Jeff, this movie wasn't for me. It was for all the girls, young ladies and women that wanted/needed to be shown they have a hero too ... and THEN me. Much like Black Panther was to those members of color that wanted tob e shown they too have a voice. Although I like Panther more, this movie was still ... well ... again ... okay.

As for some of Jedi's thoughts,
let me talk about his dislikes -

I totally get what you mean, but ... yeah but ...   Grin I didn't mind the Skrulls being good now as Marvel already used/replaced them with the Chitari anyway. Having another lizard like race of bad guys would have felt repetitive and we all know the Kree can't be trusted anyway. I know what you mean, and I hate they had to use the dumbass chitari in the first place, coming from old school Marvel, but yeah, I was fine with it here. I also knew it was going to happen when I saw Marvel's Solicit for the new Skrulls mini-series
 Undecided

Fury's eye bugged me too, but really for only one reason (sorry, Jeff, I know you got all this from me already as soon as I excited the theater  Cheesy) The Flerken (which I think I said "Flook" to Jeff originally  Cheesy) should have done it when Fury was being all "cutesie, tootsie" the first time, not after the third time. He had worked with them by then and It just seemed off. Yes, it goes in line with what Fury says about how he lost it - I trusted someone ... or something to that effect, but did he really trust a cat? Especially an Alien cat?  Yes it was a stupid/silly way for him to lose it, but the entire thing just seemed off. But then again, I hate cats, and it does fit their personality, so ... still not a fan, really.

Darn, I love Benning as Captain Mar-Vell. Again, because of who this movie is for. Besides, Jude made a great villain type.

And I too wanted to see old big head, but they way they did it was smart. I just never saw how they wre going to pull the Supreme Intelligence off in the movies when he looks pretty damn stupid in the comics. Stupic Cool, but still ...

As for your likes -
Yes, the post credit scene was pretty awesome

Coulson indeed. Man, Marvel's de-aging machine is the S#!@ !!!!!

The Stan Lee tribute was amazing, I hope Kirby gets one soon (even though he left Marvel for DC, he did come back and was hella responsible for a lot of this money making machine) but I really loved the look of the 3d galaxies at the end when the credits were rolling. Man that looked so neat!

I had a couple more issues with the movie, I thought the way Carol runs is freakin' odd. Just wait until you see it again. When she runs away from the camera ... it just looks weird!!!
 Grin

Didn't like Carols attitude when blowing up the Kree ships ... with the Kree still onboard? She is all smiling and all? I get it, she's a gung-ho type personality, but something about it, just seemed off. I thought so in the trailer and the movie pushed it even further. Just thought she should have played a little more chill, even though I get she was having fun, I didn't care for it.

Man, the soundtrack is something yeah? Was there any song not about women or by women?  Grin

I almost think Marvel went to Cosmic too fast here. Not sure if this helps my Cosmic movie desires later or not
 Angry
I think Wonder WOman did a better job of showing naturally strong women, but this did a fine job as well. Again, just not a movie for a 50 plus year old, white male. Ya know?

Good for 'em

Again, this was not the worst Marvel movie for me, but it certainly hits lower down the line. Not sure where exactly yet. Gonna let it sink in a little first.

Better than a five for me, for sure, and six seems low, but is it a seven? That is what I need to think on. Do I give it a 6.5? Not sure yet.
 Undecided

EIDT - Oh yeah, and Jedi, as for the theory, it makes sense and I thought I heard something about that from somewhere ...
(Spoiler warning possible for future Marvel flick, CAUTION)

maybe about James Gunn's script for GoTG 3. If not there ... it was somewhere (and that is the only thing/place I can think of becasue Rockets origin was going to be involved ... or still is as I guess they are using his script still, even though the fired him ... AND THATS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!)
Angry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:00:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS