HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:13:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AVENGERS: END GAME!!  (Read 17228 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 09:36:30 AM »

Sounds like you had one heck of an adventure just getting in  Grin

One thing that I didn't think about ...

Unless ALL of Peter's friends got snapped, how are they all still in high school?

Maybe they are really slow kids that needed the extra time?  Cheesy But yeah, I guess all the kids that had lines in the Spidey movie were snapped away and still have go through high-school, while all the extras are already in their 3rd or 4th year of college
Grin

Good point ...

Maybe Tony snapped them all back to the time before the first snap? EDIT - I'm not sure if that would work ... Cassie aged up, so unless she is now back to being young ... trying to think if there were any indications of "date/time" after his snap?
No, I guess that doesn't work. Oh, well ... comics?  Grin Of course now I will have that issue in my head for weeks. Thanks Cow
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:47:56 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »

I thought the same thing and decided to just ignore it.  Pretty big plot hole all the same.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »

I guess they are saying that is exactly what happened. There are kids from that school that have already graduated and moved on while Peter, and against all odds, his film co-stars, were all snapped away originally

EDIT - damn t, forgot to add the spoiler tag. Sorry guys  Undecided
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:56:26 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »

great movie....tons of great moments that really wraps up the 10yr process to get to this movie.

Hardly complete and in no particular order:
Cameos, Cameos Cameos
.was not expected Redford, Sitwell or OG Jarvis or especially Portman but thinking that was a cut scene and they just "gumped" Rocket in.

Stand up and cheer
Hippy Stan, Cap with the Hammer, "Avengers Assemble", Carol (side note: kind of surprised they really did not introduce her at all, she shows up and everyone like...ok.  I have not seen Capt Marvel yet so it could be taken care of there)

LOL
Spidey rambling, "get the rabbit", Labowski Thor, everything Scott Lang "you mean 'back to the future' was wrong"

Wish:
completely agree i want to see the cap/skrull conversation upon returning the stone.  Final battle scene where everyone comes back to face Thanos, we sell all the earth forces (asgardians, wakanda) but i wish we had seen the rest of the Universe, that the avengers just brought back to life, show some support...The Nova Force, The Kree, Soverign and could have been used to slip in other races not yet met (Shiar would be a nice hint/link to future X-men, dont even need to introduce them, just show the signature ship style).

Plot holes:
cant make an omlet without breaking some eggs.  as discussed the Capt in History is tough to swallows as i cant imagine him being able to sit out all those events unless he uses a different ID (Nomad), let along making out with his possible granddaughter.  Where did Loki go with the teseract?  Spidey's HS Friends. Shouldn't returning the soul stone reverse Nat's death?

I will need to see this a few more times.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »

Wringer, when you see Captain Marvel make sure you catch the after credits scene.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »

Sorry for not marking my last with spoiler tag ... my bad guys
 Undecided

And I just found out that
Howard the Duck was in the final battle as well!! I missed him!!!

Undecided

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »

Wringer, when you see Captain Marvel make sure you catch the after credits scene.

Thats what i figured but still feel a quick intro, especially to IM and Nebula since they were not present at the meeting of carol from the end scene and would have no idea who she was.

it also presumes you have already seen another movie whos main plot was not remotely connected to Endgame except for the end scene.  I think they could have spared the 30secs to add one line..."Tony? Hi, I'm Carol, Natalie sent me.  Lets get you home"
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »

I haven't seen this anywhere yet, so here's a Cap theory of MINE

Cap is 245 years old, sitting on the park bench.

Born 1924, 18 years old in 1942, wants to enlist. Becomes super solider, frozen in ice, yadda yadda, does our 22 Marvel movies. It's 2023 then, so he's 99-100 years old (rounding to 100 for easier math.)

Goes back in time, to 1946 eventually to have his dance with Peggy, lives with her in an alternate timeline, which was stated by the Russo Brothers (director). She still dies in 2014, like the Winter Soldier movie. That's 68 years. Cap uses the Pym particles to go back to 1946 again, which was coordinates he had.

He then lives another 77 years to 2023 to show up on the bench in the Avengers compound, because he had no more Pym particles to use the time device to arrive on the platform (why they don't travel with extra 'just in case' is beyond me. Wink )

So, 100 + 68 + 77 = 245 years old.

THAT'S why he looks so damned old!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS