HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:36:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL 2018/2019 - Hockey!  (Read 30822 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »

Go Stars!

Would rather just draft better right now. 😁

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »

We clinched the playoffs and looked pretty good last night.  Fingers crossed we can keep it up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »

OT loss Jeff! Damn! Also, that other win was the first in, what, 10 years? (I'm just projecting, I dind't look it up at all!)

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 02:57:48 AM »

OT loss Jeff! Damn! Also, that other win was the first in, what, 10 years? (I'm just projecting, I dind't look it up at all!)

Thankfully I was already drinking heavily Saturday night.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 12:18:04 AM »

Aaaaaannnnnnnddddd......

I have playoff tickets!  I'm about to head out to my first playoff game here at home.  Love it that my office is about 5 blocks from the stadium.  It will only take me 10 minutes to get there.

Round 1 Game 3

Go Stars!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

That's awesome to go!

I'm sorry they lost. The Preds were always a bit of a secondary favorite team for me. A brutal hard hitting team! But I'm not behind them much. Sorry the Stars are down 2-1 now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 02:08:08 PM »

Yeah, that sucks going to a home game and your boys lose. Sorry man  Embarrassed But hey, they still in it at least.

And I have been out of hockey so long it took my pain management doctor talking about it to even know the Islanders were good again.
 Cheesy
He had said he had been watching the playoffs, I told him I use to be an Islanders fan (back when the Sutter brothers were there) and he said he was one as well and that he was going to go to one of the games at ... whatever center he use to go to when he lived in Jersey ... and see a playoff game.
Not sure if he went to it already, hope so as they are winning ... I guess.  Cheesy

One thing I still hate about most league's playoffs (other than NFL) ... you almost can't not make the playoffs  Cheesy Always seems like over half of the teams get in.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 05:41:47 PM »

i feel ya Jeff...my Bruins lost last night too.  They had such a good game 2 that 3 looks like amatures.  i blame no extra travel day.  they gave both the Stars and Bs an extra day between games 1 & 2 but not after travel.

loving the ilanders kicking (so far) the Penquins butts.  tons of respect for the Pens but love to see them loose (similar to rest of US hating my Pats Smiley ).

Also loving the Lightning being shut out so far.  Best team in the regular season cut low by a wildcard team
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 08:52:35 PM »

As disappointing as the loss was I will say going to a playoff game is a whole different level of experience.  The whole place was electrified.  Didn't hurt that the bartender we've been going to for the past three years between periods gave us all a free round of drinks at the start.

I'm going again on Wednesday so hopefully we can tie it up before going back to Nashville.  My best friend from child hood lives in Nashville now and is a Predator's fan.  We've had some fun back and forth over this series.

I agree with Wringer on the other games.  Been a lot of fun to watch.  I'm also rooting for the Cane's to beat the Capitals but that's not looking very likely.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

there is nothing like playoff hockey.  everything just gets set to 11.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »

The Islanders and the Blue Jackets both swept their rounds and are heading to the second round.

Islanders - I can't believe they made an empty net goal from the face off.

Blue Jackets - I can't believe the Wild Card team knocked off the #1 team in the League.  And crushed them while doing so.  Wow.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 09:23:35 AM »

GO ISLANDERS!!!!

I knew they could not only win, but sweep the series. I have been saying for months, being the hardcore fan that I am, that I know that team like the back of a strangers hand.
 Cheesy

If they get past the next round, will that be enough to get me back into hockey? Are hockey games even televised here anymore? I honestly have not seen anything NHL related advertised here for at least 4 or 5 years, and I flip through a shit load of stations.
 Grin
Plus I found out a couple days ago that my Admirals, the local hockey team that was once in the AHL and farm team to Anaheim Ducks, are no longer in that league as the Ducks dropped us for San Diego ... way back in 2015!  Grin Yeah, I am out of the loop.
Now the Admirals linger in the ECHL where in the last three years we have, apparently, finished 7th, 6th and 6th out of 7 teams in our conference  Cheesy Averaging a whopping 214 goals for and a hefty 272 goals against during that time period.
 Grin
I did really enjoy going to their games back in the day. Cheap night out, with expensive beer and only about 15 down the road. Not sure why I stopped going. Must have been that beer pricing.
 Cheesy

Edit - doing a little research, I see that Jeff also has an ECHL not too far from him, don't ya buddy? I mean, not right down the street by any means, but still
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:27:15 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »

If they get past the next round, will that be enough to get me back into hockey? Are hockey games even televised here anymore? I honestly have not seen anything NHL related advertised here for at least 4 or 5 years, and I flip through a shit load of stations.
 Grin

All games are televised....typically 3 or 4 games per day for round 1 on NBC affiliate.
most games are on NBCSN, CNBC and/or USA during the week with a couple of weekend games going to NBC

they've got the NHL contract about 8yrs or so ago from ABC/ESPN

ever since, ESPN rarely acknowledges that Hockey even exists
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:25 AM »

F**k ESPN and their lack of hockey coverage. Call yourself a sports network? Then show all the sports! Shows about fantasy fakkin' football, but not Hockey? PIss off you shitbag channel.

I say that every year, going back, oh, I dunno, 20 years.

That said, PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!

Hell YEAH Islanders killing the Pens! Suck it Crosby, you crybaby b!tc#, without a single goal in 4 games. HA! (okay, yeah the bastard has 3 Cups already, but whatever, it's this year now!!!)

And holy CRAP, can Torterella's teams play out of their mind in the playoffs still! Love seeing Bobrovsky being great, especially since my Flyers essentially ran him out of town because they are a)morons, and b) idiots. But destroying the 'best' team in the NHL in 4 games? Like it was nothing? WOW!!!

And I'm a bit of a Caps fan; Ovechkin plays hockey the way I want to see hockey played. And with so many of the same, or similar type guys around him, I'm a fan of the team too. Love that he got the monkey off his back last year. How about back to back?

Bruins...way to climb back to great respectability! I don't have a finger on them, so I'm not sure how hot they are right now, but I do know they are playing well at the right time here.

And I thought Calgary was really good? Down 2-1 to the AValanche? By the way, THE AVALANCHE are in the playoffs again? What is this, 1997? (if I"m way off about this team, sorry, I'm more an Eastern Conference kinda guy Grin

I love this first and second round; games on nearly nightly for 2 and a half weeks! Watching the tempers flare, the increased pace and sometimes desperation of play; nothing like it!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »

Nothing lick Playoff Hockey....NOTHING

Great wins for the Stars and the Bs...very happy both series are now tied.

Totally Agree....FU(K ESPN

As for the Avalanch...close, 1996 was thier 1st, with the great Patrick Roy and probably one of the best defencemen to every play the game, Ray Bourque (Traded from the Bruins the yr before after 20yrs so he could get a Cup because Harry Sinden had no desire to give the Bs anything to win)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS