HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:59:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 7, 2018  (Read 8253 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »

Avengers 1 - the McGuiness art is detracting from my enjoyment.   Undecided

Dude, I could try my hardest and I would fail to disagree with you. You are right there with me as far as that goes. And what gets me, usually, or at least in the past, I was not adverse to McGuiness art, mostly, although I wouldn't put him near my top favorites, but here, his art is just not fitting the book. Red Hulk, okay, but not on Aaron's Avengers. Hang in there as the story is pretty fun and after the first arc a much more pleasing artist jumps on ... for about 5 issues.

I am right there with you on all points just like you said.  I'm a McGuiness fan but not here.  Too cartoony for what I expect from a Jason Aaron Avengers book.  Good to hear the book is good and I'll get a bit of an art break in the next arc.

The Green Lantern #1 - Speaking of "lost". It is official, someone needs to tell Morrison to start plotting and let other writers write the damn script  Cheesy. Dude is all over the place here. I will give him this, he damn sure packed in a lot of story in the pages given. Anyone else this would have at least been 2 or maybe 3 issues with the advancement in story we got here. That is both a good thing and a bad thing as I feel really rushed here. Especially Hal jumping around from scene to scene, planet to planet all within panels without any travel to get there.
 Cheesy
I can dig what he is doing, but this shit is just gonna be like an Elseworlds to me. This is not the Hal I enjoy reading about. Not really. It's cool, but at the same time ... yeah ... ya know.
 Cheesy

The Green Lantern #1 - Sooooo Morrison.  I love it.  Will be fun - and likely confusing - seeing him tackle the Corps.

You called it - it's a whole new world and might be best to think of it that way.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »

The Green Lantern #1 - Sooooo Morrison.  I love it.  Will be fun - and likely confusing - seeing him tackle the Corps.

You called it - it's a whole new world and might be best to think of it that way.

Ha, right on!!!  Grin

I got a couple more days to make the Manuhunter finish line and I think I am gonna make it. I mean, I will make it well enough anyway. As long as I can get through issue 35 on DCU I will be fine. LCS has issues 36 and 38 so worst case I will have to make-up what happened in issue 37 if their isn't a recap.

Manhunter #33
Manhunter #34
- Although this arc is only three issues, it is much better for me than the last. Wonder how the series ends?
Wonder Woman #57
JLD/WW #1
- An okay end to an okay mini. Nothing great, as Jeff said.  Undecided

Astonishing X-Men #15
Astonishing X-Men #16
- Well, looks like the next issue is the last. I suppose everything is going on in the upcoming Uncanny. Or at least I sure hope so. Be nice to get just one main X book again.
 Smiley

Let's see what I get through tonight !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »

I got a couple more days to make the Manuhunter finish line and I think I am gonna make it. I mean, I will make it well enough anyway. As long as I can get through issue 35 on DCU I will be fine. LCS has issues 36 and 38 so worst case I will have to make-up what happened in issue 37 if their isn't a recap.

Can you download them into the app?  Maybe they won't automatically delete at expiration and then you'll have them if you need them?  In most worlds that wouldn't work but this app is so ripe with issues you might get lucky.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »

Can you download them into the app?  Maybe they won't automatically delete at expiration and then you'll have them if you need them?  In most worlds that wouldn't work but this app is so ripe with issues you might get lucky.

Hmmm, maybe. I am not sure if I can download them to read off app or not
Hmmm, may try it though
thanks
Have you tried to download anything to read offline there? I know MU lets you do ... I forgot how many, but I never did it there either.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 01:39:49 AM »

Hmmm, may try it though
thanks
Have you tried to download anything to read offline there? I know MU lets you do ... I forgot how many, but I never did it there either.

Yes, I downloaded the whole Manhunter series I had left to read (issues 13-38) onto my iPad.  Obviously, I haven't started reading them yet so I will have to let you know how the reading experience goes.  But there doesn't seem to be a limit - or at least it's more than 25 issues.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 04:04:39 PM »

Hmmm, may try it though
thanks

Yes, I downloaded the whole Manhunter series I had left to read (issues 13-38) onto my iPad.  Obviously, I haven't started reading them yet so I will have to let you know how the reading experience goes.  But there doesn't seem to be a limit - or at least it's more than 25 issues.   Grin

Grin Right on!

I went ahead and Downloaded issues 37 and 38 and I am going to wait until ... tomorrow or the next day, when my monthly subscription is up to see if I can still read them. I should be able to, but it will be an interesting test. Will they allow continued reading for non-subscribers, or ex-subscribers I should say? If so, heck, the day before your time is up just download as many comics as you can so you can read later.
 Grin

Didn't get too much more in last night, but a couple ... or four  Grin-

Batman #57
Batman #58
- Lots of splash pages in #57 made for a super fast story  Grin
Manhunter #35
Manhunter #36
- I think this book is going to go out pretty well. Not on a whimper or with a bang, but not at all like I was worried about either. I think
 Cheesy

The Green Lantern #1
Batman #56
Manhunter #31
Manhunter #32

Manhunter #33
Manhunter #34

The Wildstorm #18
Wonder Woman #57
JLD/WW #1

Astonishing X-Men #15
Astonishing X-Men #16

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS