HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:07:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 31, 2018 - HALLOWEEEEEEN!!!!!!  (Read 5156 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 31, 2018, 01:12:18 AM »

Let's get this party started!!

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers #690
Doctor Strange #389
Exiles #2
Hunt for Wolverine #1
Mighty Thor #706
Old Man Hawkeye #4
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #19
Thanos Annual #1

DC Universe
Manhunter 1 (Yes, he talked me into it)   Grin
Manhunter 2
Manhunter 3
Manhunter 4
Manhunter 5
Manhunter 6

ComiXology
Batman Secret Files #1
Heroes in Crisis #2   
Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour #1   
The Terrifics Annual #1
Die!Die!Die! 3
Redneck 15
Seven to Eternity 11   
Echo Vol. 2: Atomic Dreams - (Collects issues 6-10)
The Sixth Gun Vol. 7: Not The Bullet, But The Fall - (Collects issues 36-41)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »

Gonna try and read a bunch of horror related titles this week. Lots are coming out this week and I still have a couple from the past few weeks (Like DC's Cavalcade of Horror) so I may try and concentrate on them ... and Manhunter of course.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 05:37:24 PM »

Hal Jordan and GLC 49&50: A very satisfying ending for me. Glad to have been there! Loved the final 2 pages.

By the way, I just sorted my comics into piles for storage. I hadn't done this since the birth of my son 2.5 years ago. Oh Lord...

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »

Perry, is that Kate..Spencer Manhunter series?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 12:16:40 AM »

Perry, is that Kate..Spencer Manhunter series?

Yep, yep, yep  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers #690
Doctor Strange #389
Exiles #2
Hunt for Wolverine #1
Mighty Thor #706
Old Man Hawkeye #4
Thanos Annual #1

DC Universe
Manhunter 1 (Yes, he talked me into it)   Grin
Manhunter 2
Manhunter 3
Manhunter 4
Manhunter 5
Manhunter 6

ComiXology
Batman Secret Files #1
Heroes in Crisis #2   
The Terrifics Annual #1
Die!Die!Die! 3
Redneck 15
Seven to Eternity 11   

Avengers #690 - Fun story but ran a little too long.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Avengers will look like.

Doctor Strange #389 - Glad I hung in with this book.  This has been fun even though I didn't read "Damnation".

Exiles #2 - Uh yeah.  Didn't even bother finishing this.  Done with it.

Hunt for Wolverine #1 - This I loved.  Soooo glad Wolverine is coming back.  And loved seeing the Reavers and classic X-Men team.

Mighty Thor #706 - Last issue.  Sadly, I'm gonna miss a regular series with female Thor.  This was fun.

Old Man Hawkeye #4 - I like this too.  Fun getting to see what happened to the Thunderbolts in this world.

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #19 - Still the best Star Wars book.  And some nice closure to some of the plot threads.

Thanos Annual #1 - What the heck was this?  Yuck.  Hated it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 01:52:48 PM »

DC Universe
Manhunter 1 (Yes, he talked me into it)   Grin
Manhunter 2
Manhunter 3
Manhunter 4
Manhunter 5
Manhunter 6

Just hope it hits for you half as much as it has been for me  Cool

Doctor Strange #389 - Glad I hung in with this book.  This has been fun even though I didn't read "Damnation".

Glad to hear the Doc getting some love.
 Smiley

Hunt for Wolverine #1 - This I loved.  Soooo glad Wolverine is coming back.  And loved seeing the Reavers and classic X-Men team.

I also liked this issue, although I found it a little odd at the end ... how did he go missing? But that said, I enjoyed it and even though I didn't keep up with all four of the four issue mini's that sprung out of this one-shot (which was only supposed to be part 1 of a five issue mini, until Marvel went all "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie your money" and made it an 18 issue mini-X-over-event thing), I did keep up with the WEAPON LOST mini. And heck, I wanted to keep up with the MYSTERY IN MADRAPOOR one as well, even though I ended up not doing so, but I had no interest in the other two

Thanos Annual #1 - What the heck was this?  Yuck.  Hated it.

Damn, I forgot about this ... was this the one that had four Thanos stories in it or am I thinking about the Thanos Special #1? If it was the one with the four (or five) little Thanos stories, I liked the stories, but the art was ... well ... Annual worthy is a nice way to put it I suppose
 Undecided

Haven't gotten too much reading in this week, and nothing in the way of the horror route I wanted to go in, but have knocked out more Manhunter issues. I am concentrating on them as I only have about one more week to finish the run before my subscription goes belly up. Although episode 4 of Titans may ... MAY have me rethinking it.
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Manhunter #16
Manhunter #17
Manhunter #18
Manhunter #19
Manhunter #20
Manhunter #21
- I want to ask about a certain golden age character so badly, but need to wait until JEff gets past a certain point.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »

Didn't like exiles? Damn that means I can skip it.

Thor is all done and caught up? I might blast my way through that to see the end!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »

Knocked out only a few more over the week-end. Oh, the reading plans I had  Undecided
Good news is I think I am gonna make it through Manhunter before my DCU plan is canceled! Woo-Hoo

Heroes in Crisis #2 - 9 issue mini? So far, #s 1 and 2 could've been in just one issue. Should be a 6 issue mini
Manhunter #22
Manhunter #23
Manhunter #24
Manhunter #25
- The enjoyment level is still there, no doubt, but I think a break would be nice about now. Can't do it though.
 Grin

Manhunter #16
Manhunter #17
Manhunter #18
Manhunter #19
Manhunter #20
Manhunter #21

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 03:38:29 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers #690
Doctor Strange #389
Exiles #2
Hunt for Wolverine #1
Mighty Thor #706
Old Man Hawkeye #4
Thanos Annual #1

DC Universe
Manhunter 1
Manhunter 2

Manhunter 3
Manhunter 4
Manhunter 5
Manhunter 6

ComiXology
Batman Secret Files #1
Heroes in Crisis #2

The Terrifics Annual #1
Die!Die!Die! 3
Redneck 15
Seven to Eternity 11   

Batman Secret Files #1 - Not bad but not a must have either.

Heroes in Crisis #2 - I like the story so far but it is moving a little too slow.  We need to pick up the pace a little bit.

Manhunter 1 & 2 - Remember when DC Comics were a lot of fun to read?  I do now.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »

Heroes in Crisis #2 - 9 issue mini? So far, #s 1 and 2 could've been in just one issue. Should be a 6 issue mini

Good point about issues 1 & 2.  I agree they should have just been one issue.  Would have moved the story a little faster along.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 11:21:43 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers #690
Doctor Strange #389
Exiles #2
Hunt for Wolverine #1
Mighty Thor #706
Old Man Hawkeye #4
Thanos Annual #1

DC Universe
Manhunter 1
Manhunter 2
Manhunter 3
Manhunter 4
Manhunter 5
Manhunter 6

ComiXology
Batman Secret Files #1
Heroes in Crisis #2

The Terrifics Annual #1
Die!Die!Die! 3
Redneck 15
Seven to Eternity 11   

Manhunter 3-6 - Ditto to what I said about issues 1 & 2 above...

Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour #1 - Good ending but glad this is done.  Sort of.  Not sure what I think about what the next arc is going to be.  If they go the way I'm afraid they are I might be out on this book.

Not going to finish anymore today.  Gonna roll over the rest for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:09:10 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 06:49:11 PM »

Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour #1 - Good ending but glad this is done.  Sort of.  Not sure what I think about what the next arc is going to be.  If they go the way I'm afraid they are I might be out on this book.

Damn, I still have to get back to this
 Angry

Manhunter 3-6 - Ditto to what I said about issues 1 & 2 above...

Happy to know it is good for you. Sadly, I just don't see me making it through to issue 38 (the last issue) before my DCU month is up. Checked the LCS and they have just a couple issues that I would need, so I am, oh boy, gonna read the last arc of Manhunter out of order, trying to push through the ones online first and then read the ones I know I can get my hands on later.
Ugh, not the best way to approach it, but not sure I can "borrow" these particular comics as they are already bagged, boarded and inventoried ...
Maybe I will just buy the damn things.
Ugh, I don't know.
 Undecided

Speaking of "not the best way", I did get a couple more knocked out before Wednesday this week, but not much at all -

Manhunter #26
Manhunter #27
- Man, I have to admit, this arc ... a little bit of a let down. I was sure it would pull together, but man, lots and lots of words. I mean, not yet Chris Claremont level  Grin, but "whew". Plus the subject matter is kinda ... so over now ... tying into an event that happened so many years ago, and even in the comic it happened over a year ago ... it is hard to get that "I am current" enjoyment level from it. Not the best, but I had faith.
(HAD)
 Undecided

Ice Cream Man #8 - Every single time I think I am done with this series it pulls me back. The current Twilight Zone of comics

Heroes in Crisis #2
Manhunter #16
Manhunter #17
Manhunter #18
Manhunter #19
Manhunter #20
Manhunter #21
Manhunter #22
Manhunter #23
Manhunter #24
Manhunter #25

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS