HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:53:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pearl by Bendis  (Read 4551 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 30, 2018, 10:00:07 PM »

I know this isn't a Vertigo title but I didn't want to put it in the Heroes forum and seemed to fit more here.

Pearl #1 - Another Bendis creator title,. but now with a DC smell  Grin Didn't hit for me. I'm out. Probably take 13 months to get 4 issues out anyway ... Hahaha... ZING!!

I really just wanted to ask what about it didn't hit for ya, Perry.  I've got it in my Wish List but haven't pulled the trigger.  Do you think it will hit for me or should I steer clear?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:23:43 AM »

Not sure. Just wasn't what I was looking for I guess. Subject matter was interesting (tattood Yakuza assassin), but I don't know, it just didn't hit for me. I didn't even care for the art, which is strange becuase I usually like Gaydos. But ya know how it is, somethings just don't do it for ya. I certainly can't say there was anything in particular that would make me say that you should avoid it though.
Give it a shot and if you don't, for some reason ... like me, enjoy the very first issue, then walk away. But they have three issues out now, so maybe you can try the first three and end up liking it.
 Cool
But try a free issue of Manhunter first. I mean you already paid for the year at DCU, at least try that title
 Grin Cheesy Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »

But try a free issue of Manhunter first. I mean you already paid for the year at DCU, at least try that title
 Grin Cheesy Wink

I'm laughing so hard right now.  I LITERALLY just posted in another thread that you talked me into it.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »

Grin Cheesy Wink

I'm laughing so hard right now.  I LITERALLY just posted in another thread that you talked me into it.   Cheesy

Cheesy
Sweet. And just like I said above, about Pearl, if you don't enjoy the first issue of Manhunter, you probably will not like the rest. At least you won't have to spend a lot of time reading three or so issues to see if you like it
 Grin
I only say that because I was so hooked after issue #1 and I that issue is a good barometer for the entire series as far as tone goes ... although I don't think the humor aspect comes in quite that early. But maybe. Damn, I JUST read issue one not long ago and I have already forgotten when this one particular character makes his ... or her  Wink ... appearance
 Roll Eyes

But hey, if you do try Pearl, make sure you let us know whatcha thought
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS