HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 10:01:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free Pre-Order Comics?  (Read 7181 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 30, 2018, 02:37:31 AM »

This past weekend I was on ComiXology looking at sales and I was able to Pre-Oder all of these for FREE!!

Copperhead #20
Copperhead #21
Copperhead #22
East of West #40
The Fix #13
Seven to Eternity #13
Thief of Thieves #42

First time that's ever happened.  Anyone else get the same deal??

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »

There was a story about that on BC yesterday, which of course broke what was broken (so now it is fixed) Grin 

HERE

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »

There was a story about that on BC yesterday, which of course broke what was broken (so now it is fixed) Grin 

HERE

Ah ha!  And here I thought they were maybe giving ComiXolgy Unlimeted members a bonus. 

They are still sitting in my Pre-Order list so maybe if you got it they're going to let ya keep it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »

HERE

Ah ha!  And here I thought they were maybe giving ComiXolgy Unlimeted members a bonus. 

They are still sitting in my Pre-Order list so maybe if you got it they're going to let ya keep it.

Not 100% sure of the law, but if they offer a preorder for free, maybe they have to honor it?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 09:53:01 PM »

I doubt it's a law but it's just good business.  The negative experience for your customers isn't worth what would essentially costs them next to nothing.  Sure, there's the loss of profit but I doubt it's a blip on the balance sheet compared to irritating your consumer ($14 in my case).  Even though I personally would understand it was a mistake and not be mad, who knows how the customer base at large would feel.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:23:52 AM »

I don't know man, I think there is a law about it.  Wink Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 12:14:28 AM »

This past weekend I was on ComiXology looking at sales and I was able to Pre-Oder all of these for FREE!!

Copperhead #20
Copperhead #21
Copperhead #22
East of West #40
The Fix #13
Seven to Eternity #13
Thief of Thieves #42

First time that's ever happened.  Anyone else get the same deal??

So Copperhead 20, 21, & 22 have all disappeared from the ComiXology site.  Which means they disappeared out of my pre-order bucket.  They were so far behind on release that they all three said they were going to be released tomorrow.  I don't know if it means they are cancelled or are going to be re-solicited.  Bummer I guess I won't get them for free now.   Undecided

That said, Thief of Thieves 42 came out last week and it showed up in my library for free.  Win!

The last three - East of West 40, The Fix 13, and Seven to Eternity 13 all show a release date of tomorrow.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »

What's better than comics? Free comics!!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »

The last three - East of West 40, The Fix 13, and Seven to Eternity 13 all show a release date of tomorrow.

East of West showed up in my library today.  Win!

The Fix and Seven to Eternity are still in the Pre-Ordered list but release date for both changed to Dec 13.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS