HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:10:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Might have to buy this one  (Read 12592 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: October 26, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »

well...i've been out of the action figure game since Marvel moved from ToyBiz to Hasbro with a huge price jump ($8 to $20), downgraded quality and no comicbook insert.

I did pick up the new MoonKnight figure that was included in the "Homecoming" wave.  it is pretty sweet

today i see that with the upcoming Captain Marvel wave we will get....

THE Genis-Vell figure i've been waiting for.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:40:15 AM »

When you get it I bet Jimmy will be green with envy!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »

Must have!!!I have all others of father and son already!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »

Must have!!!I have all others of father and son already!!

Speaking of, Jimmy, my man, have you read the original Captain Marvel comics they have on MU? I see the have the first forty-six issues (and issue #53 ... for some reason? The Inhumans, I guess) and wondered if you have read them.

That is one series I can say that I have never read, or at least don't remember having ever read.

EDIT - Looking over the covers (isn't it amazing how you can remember covers of comics?) I take that back, I do remember having issues #24 and #29, but as I was about 7 or 8 when they hit, I don't remember anything about them. I don't think I as too into the "cosmic" side of Marvel back then. I must have, or probably have, started to read them and couldn't grasp it, I suppose.
 Undecided
But I do remember having those two issues.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:19:49 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 12:43:33 AM »

I just saw a picture for the Puma! I want that so much! Me, and Tokyo vigilante!

I haven't ignored your question. I just just have not been in a computer to answer. I didn't read any of the early Marvel issues where he's in his Kree uniform, but after that once he's all superhero red and blue then I went back and I found most of that stuff and back issues and trades and stuff to read.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

omgomgOMGOMGOMG

GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!

a random hang out at Target while waiting for the kids meds, looking at the toy aisle and THERE HE WAS*Glee!*

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 09:57:50 PM »

omgomgOMGOMGOMG

GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!

a random hang out at Target while waiting for the kids meds, looking at the toy aisle and THERE HE WAS*Glee!*

Send pictures!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 11:17:47 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T5HvpYnYq677emzGrqtblafng_I_ucaq/view?usp=sharing

Also, I forgot, but last year on my birthday, the wife managed to find Father!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfwMlMYA3cqbFVmUG95eTB2RWs

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 03:46:08 AM »

That looks sweet!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 09:23:13 PM »

i havent found one in store...really havent seen ANY CaptMarvel figures...at least at my local Walmarts.

it is readily avail via Amazon and will probably buy one next week.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »

as fate would have it...went to walmart lat night and there he was...sold Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 09:46:30 PM »

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 02:45:59 AM »

i havent found one in store...really havent seen ANY CaptMarvel figures...at least at my local Walmarts.

it is readily avail via Amazon and will probably buy one next week.

That's how I have to get Puma!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »

so the big question...will you or wont you Unbox Genis-Vell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS