HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:21:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 26, 2018  (Read 10314 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »

Heroes in Crisis #1 - I get why people are  less than thrilled by the events shown, but I have a good feeling that things are not going to stay the way they are.  Wink Some will, don't get me wrong, but some will change or ... ya know. I am intrigued.

With Booster Gold in the story there is always the time travel out which is why I’m not really yet as out raged as I led you to believe.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 12:09:04 AM »

ComiXology
Action Comics 1003
Batman 54
Batman 55
DC Nation 4
Deathstroke 35
Doomsday Clock 7
Heroes in Crisis 1
Justice League 7
Justice League 8
Justice League Dark 3
Mister Miracle 11
New Challengers 5
Plastic Man 4
Red Hood & the Outlaws 26
Superman 3
The Terrifics 8

The Wild Storm TPB Vol 2

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 238
Avengers 683
Avengers 684
Avengers 685
Marvel 2-In-One 4
Doctor Strange 387
Thanos 17
Tales of Suspense 103
Mighty Thor 705

Iron Fist 78

Almost there!

Man - I really hated when Marvel started replacing the big four - and I mean Cap, Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man - into PC versions of the characters.   But I have to say - what Jason Aaron did with Mighty Thor is epic.  Absolutely amazing from beginning to 705.  And I suspect the last issue - 706 - will not disappoint.  705 - I just loved this issue.

This issue of Thanos (17) was also quite epic.  I think it ends next issue as well and I'm looking forward to reading that.  Loved the stuff with the future Surfer.  Great story telling in this one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »

Did anyone get JL Odyssey?

I passed on that one.  Any good?

ALOT of back story and dialogue in the first few pages but actually a good read. Going to finish the first arc and see if I add it to my pull.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »

ComiXology
Action Comics 1003
Batman 54
Batman 55
DC Nation 4
Deathstroke 35
Doomsday Clock 7
Heroes in Crisis 1
Justice League 7
Justice League 8
Justice League Dark 3
Mister Miracle 11
New Challengers 5
Plastic Man 4
Superman 3
The Terrifics 8

The Wild Storm TPB Vol 2

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 238
Avengers 683
Avengers 684
Avengers 685
Marvel 2-In-One 4
Doctor Strange 387
Thanos 17
Tales of Suspense 103
Mighty Thor 705
Iron Fist 78

Only Wild Storm left to read!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 11:25:35 PM »

Finished!  The Wild Storm is a slow burn but a fun one.  Finishing the first two Volumes catches me up to issue 12.  Going to have to start on the Micheal Cray series and hope they come out with volume 3 before I get caught up with that one.

ComiXology
Action Comics 1003
Batman 54
Batman 55
DC Nation 4
Deathstroke 35
Doomsday Clock 7
Heroes in Crisis 1
Justice League 7
Justice League 8
Justice League Dark 3
Mister Miracle 11
New Challengers 5
Plastic Man 4
Superman 3
The Terrifics 8
The Wild Storm TPB Vol 2

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 238
Avengers 683
Avengers 684
Avengers 685
Marvel 2-In-One 4
Doctor Strange 387
Thanos 17
Tales of Suspense 103
Mighty Thor 705
Iron Fist 78

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 11:28:50 AM »

Was able to get to a few more before the end of the week deadline  Cheesy, but got some good older stuff in again, which was nice. Especially when that included some from the MoKF titles ... that I recently recommitted myself, again, to get to reading, but this time from the start!!
 Cheesy

Batgirl #27 - I want to stay on for the Pelletier art, but ... but ... I just can't get into this book.  Undecided
Justice League Odyssey #1 - Again, the art by my man Sejic is really pulling me to stay, but ... no.
Justice League Dark #1 - Now this one? This one has both art and writing ... oh and characters, that I can get into. If you are also reading this, don't forget the there is a Wonder Woman x-over happening with this title starting this week with Wonder Woman and Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour #1. Then continuing in WW #56, JLD #4, back to WW #57 and then finishing in (the switched lead titled) Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman:The Witching Hour #1. Whew.  Smiley

Jessica Jones #1 - A title was set on leaving alone, as Bendis left and it was his baby, but was told to try it. Okay, I'm on.
Special Marvel Edition #15
Special Marvel Edition #16
Master of Kung-Fu #17
Master of Kung-Fu #18
- Ha, The characterization of these guys!! Wow, so much different from what they become. Not Shang-Chi, he is just about perfect, but BlackJack Tom and Weyland Smith? Wow. Haha. Still, I want to work through these darn things and get to the stuff I grew up with. I wasn't on board with this title as of these issues, and I am sure the ones I DO remember will be ... not as I remember them  Cheesy, but even still, looking forward to this. Now I just have to get back to my Legion read.
 Cry

The Realm #9 - I've got to stop reading this and just get the collected. I have to. Slow burn, but fun. But slow.
Weatherman #4 - Love the wild Nathan Fox art. Think I missed something so may do an entire reread of this.
Harbinger Wars II Aftermath #1 - Valiant taking after Marvel turning a 4 issue mini (Harbinger Wars II 1-4) into a 6 issue mini that does nothing. At least in the first one things were moving forward. Blah. Just skip it, and know that the only thing you really need to know is that
X-O and Livewire has decided not to get in each other's way
So yeah, nothing.
 Undecided

Avengers #6
Avengers #7

Captain America #1
Captain America #2
Captain America #3

Doctor Strange #2
Doctor Strange #3

Punisher #1

Heroes in Crisis #1
The Wildstorm #17

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 12:05:15 PM »

Hi friends!

I have DC issues going back to Hal Jordan & GLC 48, Aquaman 48 or 38 to read, Justice League 5, Super Sons #1, Terrifics 5, Mister Miracle 10, Doomsday Clock 5; and I have 62 issues waiting for me in Unlimited; so yeah, that's kind of about where I am at!!

I'm waiting to find my verve again for comics. Perhaps I feel too much the walking stiff adult, who does his job, comes home, takes care of kids, eats, goes to sleep. First world problems, I know, but I don't feel very creative right now, I don't feel very expressive right now, and I did read parts 3 & 4 of Avengers No Surrender last night...and I don't know if creatively I felt much from them. If anything, man, I love seeing some Immonen art (while it lasts!) If not Immonen, then some very close clone that I forgot the name of!!

Even football is waning for me; these damned stupid rules (ok, not damned stupid, but everyone knows it's not necessarily for safety, its for protecting financial investments. If it was for safety, then a WR/RB would NEVER be allowed to stiff arm/grab the face mask and deliver that kind of hit through the head and neck. But nope, that stays in there!)

Also, I'm waiting to hear some unhealthy ..health news, wondering if my thyroid is on the fitz and I have Hashimotos. Blah.

I'm hoping to see Venom this week as that guilty, awful pleasure thing I shouldn't do. Grin

Best to everyone; keep'er reading!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »

Also, I'm waiting to hear some unhealthy ..health news, wondering if my thyroid is on the fitz and I have Hashimotos.

Well that certainly couldn't help the drab feelings.
Sorry to hear that. Seems like you guys always have something going on health wise. Do the fish near your area have three eyes? Ha. Okay, no seriously, something like that can't be pushing the "happiness" vibe. But regardless, I hope the family is doing better at least.
 Undecided

I'm hoping to see Venom this week as that guilty, awful pleasure thing I shouldn't do.

Saw a review that said " ... better than it should be".
Not sure how to take that, but as you are not feeling so fantastic, maybe hold off on seeing something that could bring you down more than it could lift you up?
 Cheesy

All that said, try to take care of yourself, man. Vacation? Move? Change your diet? Do anything you can to get your mind happy, as your body has a better chance of being happy as well.
Peace and hope it turns around soon.

Signed,
Someone that is just now coming out of the drab himself

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 02:49:31 AM »

I've read, and reread, and like to have it take the 'blame' for my current health

-no sleep.

If you don't get into REM sleep, which is usually only for like 15 minutes or something like that, after several hours of sleep, you don't rejuvenate, recover, and heal.

Yeah, that's all still within the first 6 months of a new baby, plus them returning to daycare, getting sick there because 'of course!' then I get that as well, because they aren't sleeping through the night.

Oh, and my diet is shit. I eat like crap, and have no energy to change it, and the food doesn't give me energy to change it either.

Again, all first world problems. Hashimotos? That means meds probably most of my life, unless I do some of that diet changes of eliminating gluten and dairy, and upping zinc, magnesium, and selenium in my diet and going more vegetable diet.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS