HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:14:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SHAZAM!!!  (Read 6549 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »

In the November solicits!!!
New ONGOING!!!
SHAZAM! #1

Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Dale Eaglsham

WOO-HOO!!!!

Below is the solicitation, spoiler blocked for those that don't like to read those ... to be more surprised at the story

Teenager turned super-hero Billy Batson struggles to balance school and superheroics! (Guess which one is more fun?) But when Shazam unlocks a shocking secret deep within the Rock of Eternity, it challenges everything he knows about the worlds of magic and his family’s future as its champions! Also, witness the bizarre team-up of Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind as they set off to build a society all their own! Don’t miss the start of an epic run in the making as “Shazam and the Seven Realms” begins!
ON SALE 11.21.18
$4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC
RATED T

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »

Love it!  I can't wait!  I'm betting it's going to be as much or more fun than Plastic Man!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »

I'm dammed pissed at DC. They have screwed the pooch with this character and book. From some rumor mils, fingers seen pointed at Johns, who may be too busy with other media.

I'm 4 months behind on comics, but only 1 issue behind on this one? And number 6 is delayed 3 months? And I'm sorry, not sorry, but this is not very good. I get, I think, that part of the writing is trying to emulate the original writing, where it's for children, and magical and pleasing to read. But they lack of complexity makes it boring. Mary Marvel s utter change bothers me.

I'm just cranky.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »

Well when it comes to this book and the enjoyment you had for it after the first couple of issues it is understandable

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 11:35:17 PM »

I'm just going to go look and see if Jerry Ordway's 'Power of Shazam!' is available in trade somewhere.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 11:54:39 PM »

Just bought it on Comixology-and the most recent EAst of West and 2 Descender books.

Also, I have 16 trades in my comixology account to read. Oops!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 07:10:28 PM »

I'm dammed pissed at DC. They have screwed the pooch with this character and book. From some rumor mils, fingers seen pointed at Johns, who may be too busy with other media.

I'm 4 months behind on comics, but only 1 issue behind on this one? And number 6 is delayed 3 months? And I'm sorry, not sorry, but this is not very good. I get, I think, that part of the writing is trying to emulate the original writing, where it's for children, and magical and pleasing to read. But they lack of complexity makes it boring. Mary Marvel s utter change bothers me.

I'm just cranky.

GUESS WHAT?!

I QUIT DC COMICS, 2 MONTHS AGO, AND I'M STILL ONLY 1 MONTH BEHIND THIS DAMNED BOOK! IT'S 14 WEEKS LATE!!N

DC!!! WHAT IN THE ****ING HELL IS GOING ON?! SOMEONE'S HEAD NEEDS TO ROLL!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 08:52:51 AM »

I was wondering if you were still reading this or if this lateness would hit you. It is crazy to think about but I guess if it is the artist ... IF ... I guess they want the thing to look the same for the collection so they are betting on higher sales on that end and are willing to wait? If it is Johns ... well, not excuse for writers being that late is there? I mean aside from a death in the family?

Maybe it is ... oh I don't know. It sucks when it happens that is for sure.
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS