HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:25:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 22, 2018  (Read 4870 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2018, 02:46:46 AM »

Closing in on the end of another month.  Where does the time go?

Marvel Unlimited
Phoenix Ressurection: The Return of Jean Grey 5
Jean Grey 11
Old Man Logan 34
Old Man Logan 35
Rogue & Gambit 2
Cable 154

ComiXology
Helsing 1
Action Comics 1002
Flash 53
Justice League Dark 2
The Terrifics 7
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 4
The Wild Storm TPB Vol 1
Strangers in Paradise 64
Strangers in Paradise 65
Strangers in Paradise 66
Strangers in Paradise 67
Strangers in Paradise 68
Strangers in Paradise 69

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 02:58:06 AM »

Hey Perry - Action Comics 1002 has that recap page your always complaining that DC doesn’t do!

Edit:  Maybe they finally listened!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:44:41 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Jean Grey 11
Old Man Logan 34
Old Man Logan 35
Rogue & Gambit 2
Cable 154

ComiXology
Helsing 1
Action Comics 1002

Flash 53
Justice League Dark 2
The Terrifics 7
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 4
The Wild Storm TPB Vol 1
Strangers in Paradise 64
Strangers in Paradise 65
Strangers in Paradise 66
Strangers in Paradise 67
Strangers in Paradise 68
Strangers in Paradise 69

Going into the weekend strong.  Good chance I’ll finish these.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »

Hey Perry - Action Comics 1002 has that recap page your always complaining that DC doesn’t do!

Edit:  Maybe they finally listened!

SWEET!!!

I wonder if Bendis made them do that? Makes sense. I know he does it with all his creator owned and he did it at Marvel, maybe he will start a trend. A great, fantastic trend.
 Grin

Okay, didn't get to the LCS until today, so I was able/forced ( Cheesy) to read some older stuff. Man, I forgot how that FF "Four" started. Almost as bad/sad as Morrison's 1234  Grin, but I got through the bad stuff in the first three issues and am now at the good, lets be happy stuff.
 Grin
I hope

Also, have not been a fan of Duggan's current GoTG run or as it was called Infinity Countdown and it is now called Infinity War, but I will say it has gotten a lot better for me since the "Countdown" turned into "War"
 Grin
Still a little bit "wait ... why would ... what?" happening, but I am digging it.

Justice League #1 - Rereading this to try and better my enjoyment level. So far, it isn't working. Hope it gets better for me around the time it did for Jeff.

FF 1234 #4 - A better ending than I remember. But those first three issues were ... kinda tough reading.
FF "4" #1
FF "4" #2
FF "4" #3
- Yeah, I hope issue #4 brings that joy I have been trying to find in my FF  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Infinity Countdown #5
Infinity War Prime #1
Infinity War #1
Infinity War #2
- not sure if it is because I read so many in a row or if this is just getting better for me, but I enjoy it now.

Gonna try and knock out -

Action Comics #2 (especially now that I have a recap!!  Grin)
Adventures of the Super-Sons #1 (of 12)
Batman #52
Batman #53
Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League Dark #2
Hawkman #3
New Challengers #4
Superman #2
Terrifics #7
LoSH #15

Punisher #1
West Coast Avengers #1
FF "4" #4
Sentry #2
Sentry #3

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #4
Cold Spots #1
Gideon Falls #1 (Reread)
Die!Die!Die! #2
Magic Order #3
Ninja-K #9
Ninja-K #10
Redneck #14

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh maaaaan ...
NO F'N WAY I GET THROUGH THIS LIST!!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »

I forget; is Adventures of Super-Sons supposed to take place 'before' the Super Sons title itself? Or is it directly picking up again after that aforementioned title, but PB? (PB=Pre-Bendis)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 08:12:05 PM »

I forget; is Adventures of Super-Sons supposed to take place 'before' the Super Sons title itself? Or is it directly picking up again after that aforementioned title, but PB? (PB=Pre-Bendis)

I haven't heard it is a pre-title, so I would assume (and you where that leads  Cheesy) that it is continuing from the first run. But maybe after I read it more will become clear
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 06:29:24 PM »

Thanks to a trip to the garage to get a rattle under my car looked at, I was able to read a couple issues while waiting and pounding the free coffee.
 Cheesy

Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League #4
Justice League #5
Justice League #6
- It is getting better, but still too similar to the movie Annihilation. I mean, waay to similar.  Undecided
Detective Comics #987 - I had heard this issue is where the new Outsiders team is formed so I had to take a look. I'm glad I did. Now I know I will not need to add the new Outsiders to my list of reads when it hits in November.
 Grin

FF "4" #4 - Finished the first four issues of Four's Four  Wink

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #4 - Top Five Title Each And Every Month
Cold Spots #1 - Art just sucked the joy out of this horror mini for me. Done after one.
Redneck #14 - Speaking of Recap Pages, come on Donny! And yes, Tweet sent to request it from now on  Grin
The Magic Order #3 - This has been really good. Can't wait for the Netflix show that is around the corner!
EDIT - Ice Cream Man #6 - I forgot about this one. This title is like the Twilight Zone. Really interesting stories that semi-tie-in to a larger theme/idea. This one, with the title "Neapolitan" for example followed a character that went to the Ice Cream truck and got a triple scoop, one each Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry and then as he walked home, crossing an intersection, a version of himself was sent in three different ways along three different paths. One straight ahead, one to the left and one to the right. Each following page contained three panels, one panel of each path/story of how this guys life was altered all because of the direction he walked that day. One where he left the truck and bumped into a girl and we witnessed his life from that meeting, one where he turned and met an injured dog and we are shown his life that came from that meeting and finally another, more sinister life that came from going the third direction. Each panel was colored with a certain hue (Pink, cream and light brown) to represent each flavor. It was pretty cool.
 Smiley

Action Comics #2
Adventures of the Super-Sons #1
Batman #52
Batman #53
Justice League Dark #2
Hawkman #3
New Challengers #4
Superman #2
Terrifics #7
LoSH #15

Punisher #1
West Coast Avengers #1
Sentry #2
Sentry #3

Gideon Falls #1 (Reread)
Die!Die!Die! #2
Ninja-K #9
Ninja-K #10

Justice League #1

FF 1234 #4
FF "4" #1
FF "4" #2
FF "4" #3

Infinity Countdown #5
Infinity War Prime #1
Infinity War #1
Infinity War #2

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:52:51 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »

Well - looks like my strong start fizzled.  Might get through The Wild Storm tonight but not looking good.

Marvel Unlimited
Jean Grey 11
Old Man Logan 34
Old Man Logan 35
Rogue & Gambit 2
Cable 154

ComiXology
Helsing 1
Action Comics 1002
Flash 53
Justice League Dark 2
The Terrifics 7
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 4

The Wild Storm TPB Vol 1
Strangers in Paradise 64
Strangers in Paradise 65
Strangers in Paradise 66
Strangers in Paradise 67
Strangers in Paradise 68
Strangers in Paradise 69

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 09:24:00 AM »

Able to knock out a couple more, but nothing like I wanted to get to. Bur I knew that going in
 Cheesy

Action Comics #2  Cheesy Loved all the Post-Its on that first page. Also like how this is more Daily Planet centric. And that last page? Whaaaat???
Superman #2 - I still hate this Rozar whatever, Barry was a little too funny thanks to movie Flash, but still had a cool moment of geeky when we saw Supe's just standing there, protecting Earth.

Justice League #1
Justice League #2
Justice League #3
Justice League #4
Justice League #5
Justice League #6

Detective Comics #987

FF 1234 #4
FF "4" #1
FF "4" #2
FF "4" #3

FF "4" #4
Infinity Countdown #5
Infinity War Prime #1
Infinity War #1
Infinity War #2

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #4
Cold Spots #1
Redneck #14
The Magic Order #3
Ice Cream Man #6

Adventures of the Super-Sons #1
Batman #52
Batman #53
Justice League Dark #2
Hawkman #3
New Challengers #4
Terrifics #7
LoSH #15

Punisher #1
West Coast Avengers #1
Sentry #2
Sentry #3

Gideon Falls #1 (Reread)
Die!Die!Die! #2
Ninja-K #9
Ninja-K #10

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »

Made it through The Wild Storm.  Great little book!  I’m going to enjoy this new take on the Wildstorm universe.

Marvel Unlimited
Jean Grey 11
Old Man Logan 34
Old Man Logan 35
Rogue & Gambit 2
Cable 154

ComiXology
Helsing 1
Action Comics 1002
Flash 53
Justice League Dark 2
The Terrifics 7
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 4
The Wild Storm TPB Vol 1

Strangers in Paradise 64
Strangers in Paradise 65
Strangers in Paradise 66
Strangers in Paradise 67
Strangers in Paradise 68
Strangers in Paradise 69

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS