HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:19:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First look at Wonder Woman sequel  (Read 3540 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« on: August 06, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »

Not sure if this would be considered mild "spoiler material" or not since everyone will hear about it sooner or later before the movie.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/wonder-woman-sequel-first-look-photos-gal-gadot-1202844285/

Huh  Why do this?  If this is what it appears to be, this inclusion not only sabotages the poignancy of the first film's climax but also adds confusion to its prologue and epilogue.   Huh

I was hoping he would just be a flashback, but there he is, in full 80s glory, Members Only jacket and all.  I'm hoping he's Steve's grandson or something.  Bringing Steve back doesn't make sense given her reactions to the WWI photo, references to him in JL,  etc. Why mess with the only decent movie you have, DC?

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:24:16 AM »

I’m sure they’ll have a good explanation.  I have faith in this team of film makers.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 01:12:18 PM »

As Jeff says, I also have faith. Although I do understand and agree that this does lessen the impact of the ending of ... WWI ...  Grin ... I also understand that the execs don't want to mess up a good thing by screwing around with the chemistry that Diana and Steve had (even though I thought it wasn't the best anyway  Undecided)

But it's comics so I am really interested in how the movies are going to work it out. I mean
did he, once again, crash on Paradise Island? Did he freeze in the icy waters of the Rhine River  Cheesy, locked in a block of ice and finally found by Aquaman?  Wink

I want to know how they are gonna do it!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:23:14 PM »

But it's comics so I am really interested in how the movies are going to work it out. I mean
did he, once again, crash on Paradise Island? Did he freeze in the icy waters of the Rhine River  Cheesy, locked in a block of ice and finally found by Aquaman?  Wink

I want to know how they are gonna do it!

Hey, that would be pretty neat.  Still, it kinda messes with what they've already done.  I guess they didnt take a photo in the 80s  Undecided

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS