HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:31:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Somber Thoughts  (Read 3021 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 19, 2018, 04:18:44 PM »

I got a call from my work best friend this morning.  They went to wake up his 20 year old son this morning and found that he had passed away in his sleep.  They don't know what happened to cause it yet but as most of you are parents, like me you can only imagine what they are going through.

Got me in a real sympathetic mood today and thinking about what's really important.  Hug your kids today.  I know I'm going to.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »

I... I can't even deal with that thought. It happens. But it's always 'supposed'to happen to 'someone else. '

There will be shared love and captured moments today.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »

i couldnt and dont want to image how i'd handle something like that.

i will have to send virtual hugs to my kids as they are 5+hrs away
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

Same thing happened to my cousin about 10 years ago. He was only 30 years old.  Still dont know why.

Life is a gift.  I've learned not to take a single moment for granted.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS