HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:09:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heroes in Crisis  (Read 23612 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 08:17:07 PM »

I haven't picked up the second or third issue. I LOVE Booster but don't give a shit about Harley & Ivy. I don't understand why this went from 7 issues to 9.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 03:42:24 AM »

Going back to Rodney's comments, yeah, 9 issues over 7? Oh boy.

Also, how are people feeling on this?

I'm through issue 3, and scattershot vignettes with only a tease of pacing don't endear me to it.

Also, it does go to that place I don't think I want to see, meaning, PTSD in my heroes. Case in point, Batman from issue 2 with his "I train....partners...
and I see them die. I'm sorry
"

I didn't hate it, but it raises my hackles, as if this is a pandora box with the lid being opened, and woe unto us to see the ramifications of it all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:08 PM »

Trying to wait for it all to be completed to read.
Not sure I am going to make it, but that is the plan ... for now ... at this time

Also, I like it so far. I think it would work better as a Marvel comic as they tend to show their heroes being more human than DC does.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just kidding Jimmy
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think it works fine. I think PTSD is something heroes would have. The problem is would they talk about it in a setting such as this?
Eh, either way, I like what I have read so far (2 or 3 I think), but man do I want to wait for it to be over to finish the read in one sitting, because, of course, things just read better than way. Much like my recent read of Umbrella Academy ... which took me two sittings.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 02:02:10 AM »

Well we're up to issue 7.  I've been generally enjoying this but it seems like they are leading towards...
Wally being the cause of all of this.

If this is the case I may be done with DC.  At the very least I will be unhappy.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »

Well we're up to issue 7.  I've been generally enjoying this but it seems like they are leading towards...
Wally being the cause of all of this.

If this is the case I may be done with DC.  At the very least I will be unhappy.

Aaaaaand, I'm done with DC.

(Unless they relaunch Legion with a writer in the realm of Hickman not Abnett)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2019, 12:23:30 AM »

So by done do you really mean you are not going to read any DC digital?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 04:11:22 AM »

So by done do you really mean you are not going to read any DC digital?

At the moment I am not.  But I’m realistic enough to know that my feelings could soften with the passage of time.  But for right now, I don’t want anything to with them.

I did say in the weekly thread that I would finish out this mini in case they redeem themselves but I’m not holding my breath.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »

Sure, ya gotta finish the mini's, no doubt.

And I get not buying DC for a few, out of frustration of the mischaracterization of a certain Wally West (THE Wally West), but honestly, with DC going full catalog digital on their DCU service now, I don't see a reason to start picking them back up once the anger subsides (which hopefully it will). In one years time we will be getting the books that came out last week on that service, and I can't think of any reason why I would pay for comics individually when they will be coming to me in droves, if I just hold out
 Grin
I am already, slowly, canceling my DC reads in the preparation of Dave moving, and the Batman title is going to be the hardest one for me to wait a year for, but once it happens, and I get used to it, I think I will be fine

Plus, that back catalog? THAT is what I am most excited about honestly. The year break from current big two comics (well, six months for Marvel) is going to, hopefully, give me loads of time to read that huge back log of back issues I want to read. I really enjoyed reading that Manunter book for example. A book I NEVER would have read in any other way if not for that month of DCU I got for free. And now with full catalog and more back issues coming every week? This puppy is going to be just fine.

Although Image, Aftershock, Dark Horse and Valiant titles are going to kill me
 Undecided Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry Cry
(Maybe one day there will be something like The All Comic Publishers Unlimited Service? How cool would that be? Come on, get a T.A.C.P.U.S going!!!!!)
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 02:09:44 PM »

(Maybe one day there will be something like The All Comic Publishers Unlimited Service? How cool would that be? Come on, get a T.A.C.P.U.S going!!!!!)
 Cheesy

ComiXology Unlimited is close to that.  There are a lot of free independent titles on it for free.  It’s usually just the first arc but that’s enough to see if you like it or not.  I just did this recently with Nowhere Men 1-6.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »

True, I guess that would be an option for me. Maybe I will try it again.
That not being able to read all the issues if I like it is a drawback, but like you said it would be a way to save on time and money if I find out early when I don't like it
 Grin

Maybe I will ....  Cry I know I will miss a lot as I just got through making one of the hardest lists I had to ever make, a cut down list, so off now to post about my new reading list.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 03:06:24 PM »

I'm...of the mindset that the next time I do go to my comic shop, I'm cancelling all my books. With the accursed Bendis ruining my Super life, Morrison being juuuust a bit more out there than even I can handle, Wonder Woman being something I don't care for...well, it seems easy to wait a year for it to roll around...or I just go to comixology for the 1 month wait on books to drop in price for Aquaman, Deathstroke, Justice League, and Hawkman.

I think with my current lifestyle of dad to a 1 and 3 year old, floppies just isn't in the cards. And I've finally reached a point where I'm okay with that. I really am.

Feels good to say.

F*** you Didio. F*** you King. F*** you DC.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »

Well with the message to Didio aside ... welcome to the wonderful world of Digital, Jimmy!!!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2019, 01:41:52 AM »

Just so you know Jimmy, DC is the only publisher on ComiXology that doesn’t drop their price.  Image and Dark Horse drops the best by dropping $2.  Valiant drops by $1.  I don’t know about Marvel since I use Marvel Unlimited. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2019, 02:01:33 AM »

Just so you know Jimmy, DC is the only publisher on ComiXology that doesn’t drop their price.  Image and Dark Horse drops the best by dropping $2.  Valiant drops by $1.  I don’t know about Marvel since I use Marvel Unlimited. 

*curses REAL loud then proceeds to grumble a whole helluva lot*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2019, 10:14:02 PM »

But that is why you get the DCU  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS