HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:21:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heroes in Crisis  (Read 23611 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 18, 2018, 08:17:25 PM »

The next DC Crisis event is coming and according to the teaser there will be 2 murders.  DC Nation #2 gave us the tease below and I thought it would be fun to see what we all would guess about it.

From the list below:

Three Characters will be accused of the murders.

Two of them will die.

One is the murderer.

Beast Boy
Mr. Terrific
Harley Quinn
The Atom
The Riddler
Booster Gold
Nightwing
Flash/Wally West
John Constantine
Lex Luthor
Wonder Woman
Deathstroke
Damage
Superman
Catwoman
Green Lantern/Kyle Raynor
Green Arrow
Cyborg
Poison Ivy
Red Robin/Tim Drake
Arsenal

So what are your guesses for who get's killed, who get's accused, and who is the murderer?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »

My initial thoughts:

Beast Boy - red herring.  Nothing will happen to BB
Mr. Terrific - same here
Harley Quinn - she makes them too much money.  She's safe.
The Atom - possible victim here.
The Riddler - My money is here for the murderer.
Booster Gold - could be one of the accused
Nightwing - could be one of the accused, but not likely
Flash/Wally West - making him a victim would be stupid since he just came back.  He's safe.
John Constantine - another red herring.  Nothing would happen with him.
Lex Luthor - could get accused.
Wonder Woman - safe from all
Deathstroke - could get accused but not the murderer
Damage - Too new.  Safe
Superman - Safe
Catwoman - Could be a victim.  Could be accused.  
Green Lantern/Kyle Raynor - Should be a victim but I think he's safe.
Green Arrow - Safe
Cyborg - Safe
Poison Ivy - wild card - possible murderer; possible victim
Red Robin/Tim Drake - possible victim
Arsenal - possible victim but probably safe

So my guess is:

Three Accused:
1.  Catwoman
2.  Deathstroke
3.  Booster Gold

Two Deaths:
1.  Poison Ivy
2.  Catwoman

The Murderer:
1.  The Riddler

I think Catwoman will get accused of the first murder and then wind up dead.

Tom King is writing it so I'm expecting Batman centric.

Also just found out Tom King is an ex-CIA officer.  Should make for a good murder mystery writer.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »

Three Accused:
1.  Catwoman
2.  Deathstroke
3.  Riddler

Two Deaths:
1.  Arsenal
2.  Atom

The Murderer:
1.  Poison Ivy

Just my initial hunches. But really excited about this. Sounds alot like Identity Crisis which I LOVED.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:29:38 PM »

Just my initial hunches. But really excited about this. Sounds alot like Identity Crisis which I LOVED.

I was thinking the same thing!  I loved that mini as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Damage
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ya gotta give DC props, they are still trying to make this character into something people want.  Cheesy Cheesy

How's it go in Marvel popularity?

Hulk
She-Hulk
Doc Samson
Red Hulk
Red She-Hulk
??
??
Damage ... "hey, what are you doing here?"

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Damage

Ya gotta give DC props, they are still trying to make this character into something people want.  Cheesy Cheesy

Hulk
She-Hulk
Doc Samson
Red Hulk
Red She-Hulk
??
??

Grin

Don't forget Weapon H!   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 03:21:46 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Damage

Hulk
She-Hulk
Doc Samson
Red Hulk
Red She-Hulk
??
??

Grin

Don't forget Weapon H!   Cheesy

Cheesy
But I want to. I really, really want to
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 12:11:56 AM »

My money is on Kyle.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »

Yeah.  I think your right Rodney.  Only Kyle or Arsenal out of that group and Kyle seems most likely.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »

They may have worked hard on bringing Tim back, but he really doesn't fit into the Batman Universe currently. There's already another Robin that is apparently more received and being more used well in Damian. The Renegade runaway Robin is already being done and used via Jason Todd and the Red Hood. Tim also doesn't have his best friends in Connor or Cassie. So where does Tim fit? Honestly, unfortunately, nowhere.

My money is on Tim Drake. Cry

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »

Out today and the spoilers are scandalous!!!! WOW!!!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 09:49:52 PM »

Just finished issue 1....

Booster Gold - could be one of the accused

Flash/Wally West - making him a victim would be stupid since he just came back.  He's safe.

Arsenal - possible victim but probably safe

So my guess is:

Three Accused:
3.  Booster Gold

Looks like I was close on Arsenal and nailed Booster Gold. BUT.......

Angry   That Wally West death better be fake or else.   Angry

Of course, with Booster involved this could all get erased in a time travel.  But regardless, still a pretty good first issue.

I read it first so I wouldn't get spoiled.  If you don't want to get spoiled done't look at my hidden post above until you've read it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:55:34 PM by Jeff » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »

It was okay. Not a big Harley fan. Love Booster though.

Sure, the art was pretty, but I was hoping for more story. It seemed short on pages and progression.

And can we just rename this as the Titans Massacre?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »

I did not like this first issue.

When DC goes hardcore towards a murder, (not a thematic death), it really changes their framework of storytelling and setting. Not always for the better.

Think Death of Superman vs Identity Crisis. Now, I feel IC worked out in the end, but it was a large shift.

I'm not calling this bad or awful, certainly not right now, no! But man, what a bad taste in my mouth. Can't describe it more than that right now. Very glad it also wasn't 5.99 an issue!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »

I did not like this first issue.

When DC goes hardcore towards a murder, (not a thematic death), it really changes their framework of storytelling and setting. Not always for the better.

Think Death of Superman vs Identity Crisis. Now, I feel IC worked out in the end, but it was a large shift.

I'm not calling this bad or awful, certainly not right now, no! But man, what a bad taste in my mouth. Can't describe it more than that right now. Very glad it also wasn't 5.99 an issue!

Identity Crisis worked because it was a single murder mystery and it was soooo different.  It stands alone in the DC Universe and should probably stay that way. 

This may still work - it is interesting IMO - but a mass killing and to take out some beloved characters this way takes away from the story.  I can't get past a couple of the "deaths" in order to appreciate the story they are trying to tell.  I may get there eventually, but its not a good way to start.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS