HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:30:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows - A Black Hammer Tale  (Read 2678 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 17, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

This dual-narrative story set in the world of the Eisner-Award winning Black Hammer series chronicles the legacy of a Golden-Age superhero. An aged crime fighter desperately wants to reconnect with his estranged son, who he hoped would one day take the mantle of Doctor Star. Over the course of the story, we learn his World War II-era origin, how he got his powers, his exciting astral adventures, the formation of some of Black Hammer's greatest heroes, and more in this heartbreaking superhero tale about fathers and sons. Praise for Black Hammer: ''Every so often, you read a comic that grabs hold of you and won't let go. Its world is fascinating, its characters are captivating, and its art is mesmerizing.'' - IGN
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:53:23 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:52:07 PM »

I just finished this 4 issue mini.

Wow.  You don't have to have read any of the Black Hammer stuff to read this. (but you should read all the Black Hammer stuff anyway!)

This was some of the most powerful writing I've read in I can't remember how long.  Especially poignant if you're a father.

5 Stars our of 5

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS