HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:29:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Titan's Team  (Read 5368 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 25, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »

So DC is relaunching a new Titans team.  I just finished the Special that introduces them and I'm a little underwhelmed.  I'm still going to give it a shot but it really makes me miss my favorites.

In my opinion the Titans best team consists of...

Nightwing
Donna Troy
Wally West Flash
Starfire
Raven
Beast Boy
Arsenal

I just can't get interested in any other Titan members - old or new.

Best Titans villains?  Deathstroke, Terra, Brother Blood, Blackfire, The Fearsome Five (Doctor Light, Psimon, Gizmo, Shimmer, and Mammoth), Brotherhodd of Evil (Brain, Mallah, Phobia, Warp, and Houngan, and Plasmus), and Trigon.

Obviously I can't see anything better than the 80's version.

What about you?  What's your favorite members and villains?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:17:02 PM »

Like you Jeff, I am a fan of the 80's NEW team. I did enjoy the older team as well, especially with Garth (who I thought was too seldomly used in the 80's team) but I have and never really had, any interest in any other Titans team other than the one you described, though I would still like Cyborg back where he belongs in the team ... but with far less powers and no internal Mother Box
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:54:59 AM »

I missed out on early Titans stuff. The team I mostly read was the 2003 (?) one.

Superboy
Wonder Girl
Robin (Drake)
Kid Flash/Impluse
Cyborg
Beast Boy
Starfire

I mostly hopped on board because I was a major fan of the Young Justice comic and wanted to follow the characters. It wasn't bad, it just left me missing the YJ days wth Peter David and Todd Nauck.

Dream Titans team for me:

Static Shock
Connor Hawke
Bubblebee
Argent
Blue Beetle
Wonder Girl (leader)

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »

I agree on the the underwhelming Titans. I don't see Natasha or this version of Miss Martian as worthy additions. They're just female filler and will be gone in a year.

Even though the art sucked, I loved the Titans Hunt maxi-series. Garth was my fave, of course. But I think everyone overlooked Charlie Parker aka the Golden Eagle.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 03:08:39 AM »

I still need to get those old, er, I mean, New Titans trades. Glad to see they re-recollected them, because there was some that were out of print, and cost way too much to find. But voila! They printed them again.

That said, I loved reading Johns' Titans team, and McKeever's handling of them as well. I loved all those characters, I liked having some of the old guard there as well as leaders, and there was this...electric youth to them..even though I felt they were almost 20 year olds, and there was a bit of zesty young, almost wild sexual nature to them-you know, like youth feel. The world is theirs; they want it; others want them, and oh yeah, they don't have a real clue about how to go about purely on their own and try and have real adult feelings. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »

I really do need to read John's Teen Titans run at some point.

Yes, I have never had the pleasure of doing so. Not sure why, other than timing being the main reason, I guess when I got back into comics I had yet to try DC again by that point? Maybe that is why?

I know Negation from CrossGen pulled me back in, after the 90's drove me away, and I stayed pretty much exclusively with CG for a good bit, adding more and more titles each month and going back and finding all the back issues of everything else prior to Negation that I had missed. I then slowly fell back into the abusive love cycle with Marvel and somehow, the stuff from DC that I should have read slipped by and I just never got back to it.

Need to fix that one day
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »

To be honest, I don't like Raven and Beast Boy since Rebirth. They are too young and, yes, I realize the book is called TEEN Titans. But age them a bit and make them older teenagers verging on young adulthood.

And if Damien is in the Super-Sons title and still leads the Teen Titans, then would young Jon Kent be old enough to join as well?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS