HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:47:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, June 20, 2018  (Read 6698 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 20, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »

Taking a plane ride this weekend to pick up Mom for a two week stay with us.  To me that means...comic reading time!

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 235
Iron Fist 75
Hawkeye 13
Guardians of the Galaxy 148
Doctor Strange 382
Black Bolt 8
Avengers 74
Astonishing X-Men 6
Weapon X 12
Jean Grey 10
Dare Devil 596
Cable 152

ComiXology
Aquaman 37
Batman 49
Detective Comics 982
Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps 46
Immortal Men 3
Justice League 2
Man of Steel 3
Man of Steel 4
Mister Miracle 9
New Challengers 2
Red Hood & the Outlaws 23
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 6

Edit:  I mean on the plane of course - not instead of visiting my Mom.  ;-)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:06:32 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 01:22:19 PM »

Ninja-K #6
Ninja-K #7
Ninja-K #8
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:35:07 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »

Hey Jeff, did you notice that there's so much Peter David Captain Marvel that was added to unlimited this week? That's because of me! I noticed that they didn't have all of that full volume on there and I sent a request. They emailed me back and said they have a lot of volume of stuff they need to do but they will attempt to get through it. So it took about 3 months but they did it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 06:23:55 PM »

Hey Jeff, did you notice that there's so much Peter David Captain Marvel that was added to unlimited this week? That's because of me! I noticed that they didn't have all of that full volume on there and I sent a request. They emailed me back and said they have a lot of volume of stuff they need to do but they will attempt to get through it. So it took about 3 months but they did it!

Yes I did and I meant to post about it because I LITERALLY said to myself "Oh I wonder if Jimmy knows about this - he will love it"

Hilarious that your the one that got it done!  Awesome!!

Now when are you going to have time to read them all?   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 08:34:55 PM »

Got a great jump today ... which means probably no more comics the rest of the week  Cheesy            Undecided

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #3 - And we are done with that "House". That house full of mystery and secrets  Grin
Bloodshot #9
Bloodshot #10
- Back to back Lemire. Great WWI origin story for a certain nanite pup and then ... ohhhh future stuff!!!!  Smiley
Bloodstrike: Brutalist #0 Oh it was "Brutal" alright. Brutal getting through even 5 pages of this piece of this ... thing
Death or Glory #1
Death or Glory #2
- Was NOT expecting this Remender book to be like this. I really enjoyed it. That wasn't the surprising part, the pre-order description made this out to be about cars and the open road and well, I can see some of that, it isn't truly the crux. I am on this puppy for the long haul. The art by Bengal is very "Speed Racer"'esque while being not like that at all at the same time.  Cheesy Not sure this has legs to be a long comic run, but I don't need it to be!!

Hawkman #1 - Pretty good issue but one thing bugs me ... when Carter hits his wing button ...
What the hell happened to his shirt and pants???

Ninja-K #6
Ninja-K #7
Ninja-K #8

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:41:02 PM »

Death or Glory #1
Death or Glory #2
- Was NOT expecting this Remender book to be like this. I really enjoyed it. That wasn't the surprising part, the pre-order description made this out to be about cars and the open road and well, I can see some of that, it isn't truly the crux. I am on this puppy for the long haul. The art by Bengal is very "Speed Racer"'esque while being not like that at all at the same time.  Cheesy Not sure this has legs to be a long comic run, but I don't need it to be!!

Shocked   Remender has a new title out?  How did I miss this?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:35 PM »

You probably just missed it in the solicits
 Wink
or should I say yoy probably just ...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:25 PM »

Cruising through the DC books....

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 235
Iron Fist 75
Hawkeye 13
Doctor Strange 382
Black Bolt 8
Avengers 74
Astonishing X-Men 6
Weapon X 12
Jean Grey 10
Dare Devil 596
Cable 152

ComiXology
Aquaman 37
Batman 49
Detective Comics 982
Immortal Men 3
Justice League 2

Man of Steel 3
Man of Steel 4
Mister Miracle 9
New Challengers 2
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »

Thanks to an extended visit to the car dealership for a window fix, I was able to bust out a couple more issues while I enjoyed their 5 cups of free coffee
 Grin

Infidel #4 - A good horror title that I wish I would have waited until all issues were out before I read. Memory issues!
Lost City Explorers #1 - Another interested title from Aftershock! Sorta Indiana Jones meets the Abyss.
Shanghai Red #1 - Art that is very similar, though not as good, as David Aja makes this a worthy new addition
The Magic Order #1 - Mark Millar and Netflix's new title that wowed the hell outta me. This was erie in the best way
Kill or Be Killed #17
Kill or Be Killed #18
Kill or Be Killed #19
- With the end of the story coming out this week with issue #20, I thought I should go ahead and get all caught up in preparation. Man was Jeff right, having read the last couple issues, this is the right time to close out this title.

Hawkman #1

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #3
Bloodshot #9
Bloodshot #10

Bloodstrike: Brutalist #0
Death or Glory #1
Death or Glory #2

Ninja-K #6
Ninja-K #7
Ninja-K #8

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »

Made some more progress today.  And forgot I downloaded Titans Special 1 so I added it to the list.

Mister Miracle 9 was amazing.  Best comic of the week so far.

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 235
Iron Fist 75

Hawkeye 13
Doctor Strange 382
Black Bolt 8
Avengers 74
Astonishing X-Men 6
Weapon X 12
Jean Grey 10
Dare Devil 596
Cable 152

ComiXology
Aquaman 37
Batman 49
Detective Comics 982
Immortal Men 3
Justice League 2
Man of Steel 3
Man of Steel 4
Mister Miracle 9
- BOOK OF THE WEEK!!
New Challengers 2
Add:  Titans Special 1
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:03:18 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 02:15:21 AM »

I've read:

Hal Jordan & GLC 43: You know, I have really been on board with Venditti's GL run here. Sure, there have been some gaffs or hiccups through here, but I'm loving this first issue of conflict with the Darkstars and Lanterns!!

Mister Miracle 9- I throw some water on the fire; I saw the ending coming easy enough. However, Barda and Scot viewing in the mirror? Man, there's tragedy there.

Wonder Woman 45- someone needs to bring back Superboy Prime and continuity punch this ****ing ****ty idea of a twin brother out of all Wonder Woman comics as fast as ****ing humanly possible. This is such a damned huge mistake on a grand ****ing level. This should never have happened.

Doomsday Clock 5-okay, the buidling tension and mystery is really getting to me! 7 more issues?! with lots of breaks in the publishing schedule? ARGH

Hawkman #1 -I LOVE me some Hawkman. Nothing insulting here, however, didn't I just read a mini series called DEATH OF HAWKMAN showing Kator Hol dying? So how is he back? WTF!!!!

Superman Annual- sweet stuff, and glad to see Jon and Clark do something for the last soldier. A great run.

Immortal Man #1 -I've read half of it. I still have no desire to finish it.

Terrifics #3-so, the FF parallels aren't even being hid anymore! LOL This Holt is like reading Reed from Stan's first 10 issues. He was a scientific dick then, and so is Holt here. This team is being written so polarizing dynamicly opposite each other, it's damn near jarring to read.

Deathstroke 31 -Priest is so damned good!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »

Oh yeah...

The Man of Steel 1-3

Better save this for a thread!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 07:02:08 PM »

Airplane time was well spent.  Only got the Trade's left.

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 235
Iron Fist 75
Hawkeye 13
Doctor Strange 382
Black Bolt 8
Avengers 74
Astonishing X-Men 6
Weapon X 12
Jean Grey 10
Dare Devil 596
Cable 152

ComiXology
Aquaman 37
Batman 49
Detective Comics 982
Immortal Men 3
Justice League 2
Man of Steel 3
Man of Steel 4
Mister Miracle 9
- BOOK OF THE WEEK!!
New Challengers 2
Titans Special 1

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

Not sure I like this new Titans.  Could be my love for the 80's version and this doesn't have that feel despite finally having Raven and Gar back on the team.  I also hate the way DC has made them subservient to the Justice League.  Nightwing doesn't need a baby sitter.  Still, I like that they'll be going up against Brother Blood right out of the gate.  I'll check out the first couple of issues of the new team and see what I think after that.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »

You probably just missed it in the solicits
 Wink
or should I say yoy probably just ...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ComiXology has Death or Glory issue 1 on sale for 89 cents.  I'm grabbing it.  No excuse not to at that price.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

Made it!

Marvel Unlimited
Spider-Man 235
Iron Fist 75
Hawkeye 13
Doctor Strange 382
Black Bolt 8
Avengers 74
Astonishing X-Men 6
Weapon X 12
Jean Grey 10
Dare Devil 596
Cable 152

ComiXology
Aquaman 37
Batman 49
Detective Comics 982
Immortal Men 3
Justice League 2
Man of Steel 3
Man of Steel 4
Mister Miracle 9
- BOOK OF THE WEEK!!
New Challengers 2
Titans Special 1
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS