HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:06:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, June 6, 2018  (Read 7073 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 06, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

I'm starting to feel like I'm actually caught up with my monthly readings.  Kind of nice reading what comes out today plus the older series that I'm reading.  It's a good day.  (even though I'm going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow!   Shocked  )

Marvel Unlimited
Darkhawk 51
Jean Grey 9
Moon Knight 189
Old Man Logan 31

ComiXology
DC Nation 1
Batman 48
Deathstroke 32
Justice League 1
Man of Steel 2
FCBD 2018:  Amazing Spiderman
FCBD 2018:  Avengers
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #51
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #52
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #53
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #54
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #55
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #56
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #57
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #58
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #59
Strangers in Paradise Vol 3 #60
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 6
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:54:32 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »

(even though I'm going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow!   Shocked  )

Lots of water and trust me, you are going to want to "chew" on something, anything after having all clear liquids all day long (remember no Red or Blue drinks!!), so make sure you get you a pack of gummy bears. Whatever kind you like. Then pick all the red, orange, purple and blue out to save for another day or throw them away if you desire (as just like the liquids, no red or blue colors allowed), and when you need/want something to chew on, and again, you will, chew on the yellow, white and green gummies.

Those damned things got me through my day when I had my procedure. Chicken broth is crap for texture (and taste honestly) and jello is fine but again, no chewing tension. You are gonna want something that your teeth can bite into.

Best of luck. The day before is worse than the visit itself. And the good news is you don't have to wait too long to find out if they found anything. They tell ya before you leave.

And here is to you being clear enough that you only have to do this every 10 years and not 5 or the dreaded 1 or 2. I had a total of one polyp (because I know everyone here wanted to know that  Cheesy) and at the time, as is their way with finding one or two, they told me I had to come back in five years. But then, about two weeks later I got a letter that said they biopsied the damn thing and it was the kind of polyp  that never turns into cancer, so I was switched to a 10 year return.
Hope the same for you man, because again, the day before SUCKS

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »

Today is that day and I'm starving!!!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »

I've done one as well. I was so just tired from the 'prep'day more than anything! You get so worn out!

Best of luck Jeff!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:37:26 PM »

I've done one as well. I was so just tired from the 'prep'day more than anything! You get so worn out!

Best of luck Jeff!

I survived!  All clear and no more for 10 years.  Definitely was tired.  Slept all afternoon.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »

Damn, I have not read one damn book yet
 Angry

I have tried reading the new Justice League three times and each time I get about a page in and crash. It is not the books fault, I am loving what I am reading so far (love the "I'm Goddamn Batman" joke and everyone's discussion of it early on in the issue  Cheesy) But man, I just haven't been able to keep my eyes open when I try and read at night this week.

Hoping to get through it tonight, as well as some of the following this week:

5 Ronin issues 1-5
A marvel mini with each issue telling a story of Wolverine, Punisher, Deadpool, Psylocke and Hulk being portrayed in feudal Japan. Another one I missed when it first hit and always wanted to read it.

Man of Steel #2
DC Nation #1
Batman #47
Batman #48

Bloodshot #9
Gideon Falls #2
Gideon Falls #3
Regression #10
Project SuperPowers #0
Project Superpowers #1
Books of Magic (ongoing series) #1

HA!!! Yeah, no way I get through that many this late in the game.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 09:59:19 AM »

Damn it!!!

Same thing again last night. Started reading Justice League #1 and then BAM, out like a light.

Again, it is NOT the comic that is doing it. I either need a serious nap or I need to see my doctor about this sudden narcolepsy when I hit the bed. Yes, reading often helps me get tired and sets me in for the night, but this is getting crazy. Not being able to read more than two or three pages of a comic? One that I am enjoying?

I read about
someone's    Tongue Wink haha, okay Vandal Savage
plans for Earth at least four times last night, trying to reacquaint myself with the set-up before I moved on to the next page. Ya know, when you suddenly realize your eyes are closed so you reread what you just read to make sure it IS what you just read.
 Cheesy

NO, this is serious darn it.
COME ON!!!!
What the hell, Perry.
Take a damn nap you old fart
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 03:26:43 AM »

Best of luck Jeff!

I survived!  All clear and no more for 10 years.  Definitely was tired.  Slept all afternoon.

Apparently as I was waking up and still in my anesthesia loopiness I told the wife I was Wolverine.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:26 AM »

So far I’ve only read Darkhawk 51.  But hey - at least I made it through one book!  I’m still beating Perry!  🤣

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »

Apparently as I was waking up and still in my anesthesia loopiness I told the wife I was Wolverine.

Hahaha, that's funny!!! Although, hey, I can see it.
 Smiley

But wait ....

SO THAT IS WHERE YOU WENT!!!!

Marvel! Stop the comics, we found him. No need to make those four separate titles four issues long. We know were he is!!
 Grin

EDIT -

So far I’ve only read Darkhawk 51.  But hey - at least I made it through one book!  I’m still beating Perry!  🤣

Cheesy Cheesy

Man, Wolverine truly is mean!

Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT 2 -
Speaking of ...

Regression #10 - Still a great horror title, but a slow burn at times. This may be the "we're going on hiatus" issue the way it ended. Of course if sales are not good, it could be a very loooong hiatus
 Cheesy

Man of Steel #2 - I enjoyed this issue, art issues aside (that I didn't really notice), just as much as #1
Justice League #1 - FINISHED!! I thought it was good, for the most part, but I am left slightly confused. May need to read it all in one sitting to fully grasp what I read in 6 different, and very blurry (due to tired eyes), parts  Angry

5 Ronin #s 1-5 - This was cool. After issue #1, I wasn't enamored, but man, it got much better and had a great ending.
Astonishing X-Men #12 - Hmmm, not really blown away by this ending, but ... yeah ... it's a'ight
Infinity Countdown #4 - DAMN IT. Reverts a character who was just changed into something more(?) interesting
Immortal Hulk #1 - Jimmy will hate this  Smiley, but I am truly interested in where this "horror" Hulk could go
Deadpool #1 - HA! Yes, although I am not a huge Deadpool reader, I enjoyed this one a lot. Great art too. Written by artist Skottie Young, who in my opinion nails Wade, this one may end up on my monthly reading. But will Jimmy dig it? Tune in six months from now, oh faithful reader, to find out. Same Realm Time. Possibly same Realm Channel

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:42:21 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 11:19:32 PM »

lol truly Perry, I look forward to see where Wade Goes.

I love(d) Duggan on DP. Just awesome. can't wait to read the ending.

Then I go, man, I think I would like to have these in trades.

Oh crap, there's 15 trades!!! Shocked Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 03:59:57 AM »

Too much going on this past week.  Doubt I’ll get much further but at least I stayed up on my Marvel Unlimited.

Marvel Unlimited
Darkhawk 51
Jean Grey 9
Moon Knight 189
Old Man Logan 31

ComiXology
DC Nation 1
Batman 48
Deathstroke 32
Justice League 1
Man of Steel 2
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »

Too much going on this past week. 

No excuses from you, mister. You have time.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 10:22:48 PM »

Too much going on this past week.

No excuses from you, mister. You have time.
 Smiley

LOL.  Oh man what a week.

1.  Picked up kiddo from summer camp
2.  Took kiddo to grandma's for two week visit
3.  COLONOSCOPY
4.  Quarterly Doctor appointment
5.  Office moved buildings so boss made me come in all week (I'm now closer to Wringer)
6.  Got surround sound installed in Family room
7.  Got surround sound installed in Game room
8.  Monthly client meeting that always stresses me out
9.  Sev 2 Incident at client I had to deal with
10.  Needy dog

Whew!  I'm on 3rd cigar in three hours.  CRAZY CRAZY DAY!

OH and....

11.  Wife busting my balls over budget!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:58:23 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 03:10:11 AM »

Got a few more done tonight.  Will have to roll over the rest.

Marvel Unlimited
Darkhawk 51
Jean Grey 9
Moon Knight 189
Old Man Logan 31

ComiXology
DC Nation 1
Batman 48

Deathstroke 32
Justice League 1
Man of Steel 2

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS