HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:40:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 30, 2018  (Read 4707 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 29, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »

Here's my list for tomorrow....

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 151
Generation X 9
Luke Cage 167
Thanos 13

ComiXology
Doomsday Clock 5
Justice League No Justice 4
Man of Steel 1
Black Science 34
Descender 29
FCBD Shadowman 2018
Gideon Falls 1
Gideon Falls 2
Kill or Be Killed 18
Lazarus 27
Redneck 12
Saga 51
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 5
The Wicked + The Divine: 1923
The Wicked + The Divine : Christmas Annual
The Wicked + The Divine 34
The Wicked + The Divine 35

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »

Added a few more that went down in price today on ComiXology...

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 151
Generation X 9
Luke Cage 167
Thanos 13

ComiXology
Doomsday Clock 5
Man of Steel 1
Black Science 34
Descender 29
FCBD Shadowman 2018
Gideon Falls 1
Gideon Falls 2
Kill or Be Killed 18
Lazarus 27
Redneck 12
Saga 51
Add:  Black Hammer: Age of Doom 1
Add:  Black Science 35
Add:  Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows 3
Add:  East of West 37
Add:  Sex Criminals 24 - not sure if this goes past issue 25 or not but I've already decided to stop there.  Like most relationships, this started off with a bang and has gotten boring.
Add:  Walking Dead 179
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:28:11 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »

Add:  Sex Criminals 24 - not sure if this goes past issue 25 or not but I've already decided to stop there.  Like most relationships, this started off with a bang and has gotten boring.

Well good to know. I do think it is ending, or at least going on hiatus, with issue #25, and honestly I am happy about that. I would rather read a 25 issue series with this kind of story as its focus than one I have no idea when it is ending.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:55:26 PM »

Well good to know. I do think it is ending, or at least going on hiatus, with issue #25, and honestly I am happy about that. I would rather read a 25 issue series with this kind of story as its focus than one I have no idea when it is ending.

I agree.  Most of the mysteries have been revealed at this point and it would be in danger of recycled plot lines if it goes past 25.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »

Finished my Marvel and DC stuff....

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 151
Generation X 9
Luke Cage 167
Thanos 13

ComiXology
Doomsday Clock 5
Man of Steel 1
- Me LIKEY!  Me likey A LOT!!!!!!  I like the mix of cosmic and street level.  Bendis is off to a great start.
Black Science 34
Descender 29
FCBD Shadowman 2018
Gideon Falls 1
Gideon Falls 2
Kill or Be Killed 18
Lazarus 27
Redneck 12
Saga 51
Black Hammer: Age of Doom 1
Black Science 35
Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows 3
East of West 37
Sex Criminals 24
Walking Dead 179

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 12:16:11 AM »

Gonna be a small week for me if this is any indication
 Cheesy

Amazing Spider-Man #800 - A huge book that tied up everything semi-nicely. I do have a couple nitpicks, but overall a decent read that left room for others to go in any direction they may desire. Not like what Bendis did to Brubaker with Daredevil in other words.  Cheesy
"Okay, I just put the hero in jail and his secret identity is blown ... your turn"
 Grin

So yeah ... one book so far. After three days.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

I did it! All caught up on Unlimited! Meaning I'm 6 months behind! Lol also, I think I'm 2 years behind on Valiant! I'm up to Blood shot USA!
NEXT WEEK _ I get those Bendis Superman issues. Then we'll see if the fit hits the Shan. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »

Moving a little slower but still at a decent pace.  Taking the kid off to camp today so I should have a lot of free reading time this week . Unless the wife decides to assign me a bunch of chores since the kids gone.   Undecided

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 151
Generation X 9
Luke Cage 167
Thanos 13

ComiXology
Doomsday Clock 5
Man of Steel 1 - Me LIKEY!  Me likey A LOT!!!!!!  I like the mix of cosmic and street level.  Bendis is off to a great start.
Black Science 34
Descender 29
FCBD Shadowman 2018
Gideon Falls 1
Gideon Falls 2
Kill or Be Killed 18
Lazarus 27

Redneck 12
Saga 51
Black Science 35
Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows 3
East of West 37
Sex Criminals 24
Walking Dead 179

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »

I did it! All caught up on Unlimited! Meaning I'm 6 months behind! Lol also, I think I'm 2 years behind on Valiant! I'm up to Blood shot USA!
NEXT WEEK _ I get those Bendis Superman issues. Then we'll see if the fit hits the Shan. Cool

Yeah I’ve found that once you finally get caught up it’s a lot easier to stay caught up on Marvel Unlimited.  It’s a good feeling.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »

Ooohhh, you need to hurry and get to Bloodshot Salvation. So good. Although I did like what the did in USA
going back and using the old Valiant event moniker Deathmate that way
 Cool

I honestly don't see anything that could make ya mad, yet at least.  Grin I know it will come, but so far ...  Grin

... Unless the wife decides to assign me a bunch of chores since the kids gone.   Undecided

Best time to knock out those honey-do's. No distractions.
 Cheesy

It is obvious I am not going to get a lot in this week, but I did get to that Man of Steel at least -

Amazing Spider-Man #800

Books of Magic #3
Books of Magic #4
- Finished this 4 issue mini that leads to the 75 issue series that I will never get through before the new series starts.
No Justice #4 - Okay, well I made it through. I sure as hell hope Justice League will not be like this.
Man of Steel #1 - I am with Jeff, mostly.  Grin I liked it. Maybe not as much as Jeff, but I thought it was well done.
Tales of Legion of Super Heroes #319 - Mon-El finally recovers (thanks to Colossal Boy, Timberwolf and Star Boy) from Lady Memory forcing him to remember the fear of being trapped in the Phantom Zone for a thousand years and just in time to save Shadow Lass and her cousin (whose name I forget) from said Lady Memory and the Persuader. Oh, and Briany works on increasing Dawnstars tracking powers to find the missing Legionnaires. Man these issues were packed with stuff.  Smiley Again, these older books, while not written with the voice of today in mind, were so much more worth the money. This book alone would be at least 4 issues today.

EDIT - I wrote something about Man of Steel, but then remembered something in DC Nation #1 that made what I was thinking off the mark, so yeah ...
The big thing with Lois and Clark, right now for us readers is WHERE is Lois, not that they are separated, but they are apart and we don't know why. I had wrote about being separated when in-fact we know nothing yet, really.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:45:47 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »

Woo Hoo! Did it! Done!

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 151
Generation X 9
Luke Cage 167
Thanos 13

ComiXology
Doomsday Clock 5
Man of Steel 1 - Me LIKEY!  Me likey A LOT!!!!!!  I like the mix of cosmic and street level.  Bendis is off to a great start.
Black Science 34
Descender 29
FCBD Shadowman 2018
Gideon Falls 1
Gideon Falls 2
Kill or Be Killed 18
Lazarus 27
Redneck 12
Saga 51
. - Yes!  It’s back and off to a great start!
Black Science 35
Doctor Star and the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows 3 - I can’t help but start to believe this is going to have more to do with where the Black Hammer characters are than I initially thought.  Good issue.
East of West 37
Sex Criminals 24
Walking Dead 179

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS