HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:34:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DC ... U?  (Read 30165 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

This is good news.  Now I can save some of these titles for later!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »

This is good news.  Now I can save some of these titles for later!

Yep, yep, yep.  Smiley

Of course, then you will be like me, backlogged all to hell and back, but yeah, they will be there.

At least it will be a cheaper backlog, yeah?
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »

Wow!

I may be done with floppies forever!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »

Wow!

I may be done with floppies forever!

I know I will be with the big two ... well ... soon. (Kinda have it pretty nice right now, but this certainly eases my fear)

If Image and Dark Horse were to do the same, have a flat fee to read all of their comics a couple months after they hit the shops, I think the industry would fall. It would for me at least

I don't see how, with creator payments, they could ever do that, but ya never know ...
 Grin

I think once some form of all digital output could be established for that creator owned stuff, the LCS would be gone and it would be Digital and Amazon for collections ONLY.
The way it should be if ya ask me. And I know that is not a popular opinion.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2019, 10:43:11 PM »

I've been strictly digital for years now and have never looked back.  I occasionally buy a large hardback/omnibus for the bookshelf but that's very rare.  All my real reading is done digital.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2019, 11:20:18 PM »

Yep, lots easier

And hey, no worry about space or damage when you go to sell them  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 07:18:16 PM »

Looks like the time is now for me ... Even if it is just a small bit at first!

HERE

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 11:40:03 PM »

Get ready for a lot of daddio's, Daddio.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 01:41:50 PM »

We are are officially getting the "one year after release" books on the DCU. Just saw where Snyder's Justice League #1 is now up.
YAY!!!
Now all I have to do is "PUT THAT DC BOOK DOWN" and wait a year
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 02:38:54 AM »

Will DCU continue to run if WB is looking to 'reexamine' their media outlets? That's why I just decided to NOT pull the trigger and buy this now.

That, and I may wait for another sale time. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »

Will DCU continue to run if WB is looking to 'reexamine' their media outlets?

That is the question. I have heard it is still up in the air with what they are going to do, but I can't see them killing all the comics they just worked so hard to put up on the site, even if they do remove the videos/movies/shows/clips/etc...
I think they just move all the non-comics over to their WB Streaming service and keep the comics here at DCU. It just makes sense. Especially reading over the comments like I have for the past almost year. Lots of outcries for the full DC offering of comics. Not to much for series, other than Young Justice  Smiley, but most of the people that are paying are coming there to read the comics. At least, again, going by the comments section.
Just like Marvel has been making enough money to keep their MU up, I think DC will see the benefit.

But that could all be bullshit too and they jerk everything away to the new WB site by September
 Cheesy

We do know, or at least can have high expectations, that the comics side of things will be up for at least two or three more months, so there is really no reason not to go the monthly route until the decision is made. Sure, it is a little bit more at $8 a month (vs the yearly price of $75 bucks, already cheaper than MU, which comes out to be about $6.25 a month), but just think of all the comics you could read in a months time ... all with the cost of two comics? Hell, even if you only read 3 comics ... any 3 comics ... 3 Shazam comics .... 3 Legion of Super Heroes comics  Wink ... you get value.
Just think, if you read just one DC comic on that site a week, you made out. Great value, especially now that a ton of older Detective Comics and the LoSH is up
 Cheesy

Just my "onion"
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2020, 08:36:17 PM »

Decided to go ahead and sign up for DCU, instead of MU, for right now. Got my yearly membership in now and as DC takes a year before they put their "new" titles up, when the new books I want to read hit the app, I will have to re-up to read them.
 Grin Cheesy
Still a great value though. I mean $75 a year for countless DC titles that I do want to read or re-read AND some movies and shows, is not like I got robbed. In-fact I decided to hit the DC yearly sub up first instead of the MU one for the added movie/tv feature alone. That and I thought about how much I enjoyed Geoff Jones writing and wanted to read his Flash, JSA and Hawkman runs again (Which I guess I should've checked to makes sure they were all up there first, huh?)
 Cheesy Angry

Will hit up the MU next month because if this break taught me anything, it taught me I can wait on new comics. Going to be hard, but this is a start. Even though I never would have figured I would pick DC over Marvel, it is only for one month.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 01:05:27 AM »

I....may be finally at the point where I say "getting this now!"

I went back and looked, and I have 18 issues that I bought....before I packed...for my move...September 23rd of last year. I may almost join up when DC is 'current' with what I've actually read! LOL

I'm all for it. I better enjoy comics...for as long as they are around. .... Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 01:27:07 AM »

I just wish they had a better interface like MU does. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 02:54:01 AM »

I just wish they had a better interface like MU does. 

UGH

That makes me cringe. Whatever Unlimited just did leaves the settings bar/page selection bar active on the top of the screen the whole time I'm reading, instead of make the comic full screen worthy. If DCU is worse....like I said, hire some third year computer science college guy to fix it. Geez, the world runs on the internet and apps; make one that works worth a damn.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS