HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:37:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DC ... U?  (Read 30164 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 03, 2018, 12:20:14 AM »

Just found this on BC that DC is getting ready to start "DC Universe". At first glance, it appears to be similar to CBS All Access, but for DC shows. However, I am crossing my fingers that it could also mean the start of the eagerly awaited DC Unlimited or similar digital subscription service.

As they say (and I bolded the interesting part) ... " DC Universe is a first-of-its kind, immersive digital experience designed just for DC fans. One of the many incredible things your membership will include is unlimited access to the following exclusive original series."

"ONE OF ... "? I am crossing my fingers and toes, but for now I just signed up to be kept in the loop.

If you would also like to do the same, just click HERE and sign up for updates.

Again, it could just be for the tv aspect, but if not ... OH if not ...  Cool

OH and Swamp Thing?!!!!
 Smiley

EDIT - okay, now they are just messing with me. They are giving me great hope now by doing this - as of today, DC has canceled its digital code that was included in their $3.99 books?
HERE
I mean, come on ... that is just too coincidental, yeah? I mean, doesn't that just lean towards a DCUnlimited?
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:25:05 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:39 PM »

I signed up for updates as well.  I can only hope it does what Marvel Unlimited does.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »

I signed up for updates as well.  I can only hope it does what Marvel Unlimited does.

Me too. I will join both Marval and DC (at launch) if that is the case and be glad it happened when it did.

That would free me up to just having to buy Hardcovers of the best Image has to offer.

(Of course I say that, but I know I will still buy those 99¢ issues of certain titles when they go on sale at Comixology. Like getting a complete set of LoSH, FF, and a few more titles I think are worthy of "owning" digitally)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »

I thought the same thing when I saw that announced. Finally, digital comic Service from DC! I suppose I should sign up for updates just in case it does change to that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »

Still waiting ....

Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »

Still waiting ....

Angry

...and your one month closer to death.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »

... every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time ...
 Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »

Think I found an (unofficial) update on Reddit and it seems this Digital service, IF there is one (and it looks promising), will not be until the Fall ... maybe Winter.
 Undecided

Also that Tom King is contracted to be on Batman until #106

The "Black Label" line of comics will be coming in the Fall

Grant Morrison IS doing something, and soon (and with Hal ending at #50, it's gotta be GL right?)  Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »

Okay. Comics? Maybe? A small portion? Perhaps? As for DCUniverse allowing us readers to have access to their FULL library of comics (or as much as they COULD for the time given) I am afraid the available digital offerings will be a smattering of comics that DC would like to show you; comics that they would like you to read.

I mean ... I hope that isn't the case. I hope we will have access to almost all the comics DC can shove our way, but honestly this venture seems to be based more on their new shows and merchandise more than being a digital library so ... I get it.

But hey, maybe I am wrong and this will be like Marvel Unlimited, CBS All Access and the DC store all rolled into one site. I hope so. I am hella interested in this live action Swamp Thing they are setting up and even the Titans may be able to pull me in once I am paying for the service, but man ... damn it ... I just want a DC digital unlimited so badly that I can't see straight.

Oh, and if you want to sign up for the Beta (and why wouldn't you?) be sure to do so.

I think you can do it (in the top right-hand corner) HERE ... at least that is where I signed up) but if not, if it isn't working, check around. get in on the ground floor so our voices can be heard!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 03:29:13 AM »

Did it. I'm on board.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:57 PM »

$74.99a year? And with a back log of comics? Brand new shows, all the movies and old shows?

I'm in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »

I don't know ... I may try it, soon, but I don't like that "Curated list of modern and classical comics". What does that mean? Are they going to have current after 6 months like Marvel or is it just going to be arbitrary? It says Action #1 to Rebirth, but what comics does that entail?

I am not paying $80 a year for the Titans show, every DC Nu52 book and a few hits here and there. I want to know what I am getting, not what "might" be in there.

Sure, the classic movies and the animated shows are nice, and semi-worth it, but the whole idea of me joining was the digital comics side of things. I know other's reasons may be different.
 Grin

If I find out they are doing the digital after 6 months" (or hell even after 8 months) I will gladly pay for the year. I just want to know that one thing is all.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:38 AM »

Ah crap Perry, you're right. I glossed over that detail of the truncated comics. Not so sure I drop in for a year....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »

Although I am still not too happy about the comics (the fact they are only putting up a limited amount and that it will change at a set time to another set instead of the way Marvel is doing theirs) I do feel a little better about joining up with DCUniverse.

While I understand WHY they are doing the comics the way they are, they are trying t get people to buy the issues digitally, I am hoping that enough fans, enough comic fans, will cry out and force a change in the way comics are done, again, to be more inline with the way Marvel does it. Now I am not saying that as a "Marvel Zombie", "Do it like Marvel"  Grin but I just enjoy the way Marvel does their comics subscription the way they do, so I keep hoping DC, Hell, and others, will do the same.

That said, I do enjoy seeing the comic panels on the big screen
 Cool

Yeah, I am not going to go yearly at the jump, I want to try a month or so first, but I think, when all is done, this will be a fine thing to have. I like so much of it. It is almost perfect. They do the digital comic sub like Marvel and this would be,  without question, perfect. But heck, honestly, I think this is THE platform to have. Even with the way they are doing the comics.
 Smiley

Oh, and thanks to JoBlo for the inside peek

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »

Not sure why my vid above is now gone, but oh well, I came here for other reasons anyway.
 Cheesy Grin

So yes, I have railed against the Titans previously, but I just saw an image for episode #4 and although it isn't quite as "neat" looking in the trailer itself, when compared to the image alone, Cliff "Robotman" Steele looked pretty darn cool. I may have to watch episode #3 and then #4 (where the Doom Patrol shows up) after all. I mean Doom Patrol, right? I may need to watch that.

Plus, maybe I will sign back on after all as, because of all the complaints about them taking comics away after a set amount of time, the people in charge may be re-thinking the comic practice as quoted here -
"Many of you have asked why we rotate comics. That question is being deeply considered internally, and we hope to answer it to great satisfaction in the near future."
Sound to me that maybe, just maybe, that DC will soon have a better, more stable comic reading selection. I wouldn't care if they all don't go up at one time, but stop taking the comics you do load up away from readers. That is just stupid.
Maybe Titans will get better and maybe DC will fix the Comics issue and maybe I will sign back on for a year?

Not sure if this will work for non-subscribers, but here is a link to the episode four Doom Patrol coming in a day or so -
HERE

And I checked, I have until November 11th to read all the Manhunter I can, before I lose access to them
 Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS