HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:22:33 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Venom  (Read 10907 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 25, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »

Love Tom Hardy. Other than Dunkirk, I can't think of a bad (overrated) movie he has been in. Not really.
However, I also can't recall a movie, set in modern times, that had sand buggys in them that turned out to be a good movie. 

Venom? Has both.
Oh boy which way will the pendulum swing?
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:38:27 AM »

I do not like the Carnage powers of the symbiote blasting out to bludgeon it's strike others. Then again, I haven't enjoyed Venom the character since the DeMatteis days, so maybe that power is current!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:40:34 AM »

i'm not sure how i feel about this movie.  The storyline seems better than I initially thought it would be, but I'm a little leery of that CGI.  Not having Spidey in it also gives me a big pause.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »

i'm not sure how i feel about this movie.  The storyline seems better than I initially thought it would be, but I'm a little leery of that CGI. 

Exactly how I feel. The scenes look top notch and well acted with Hardy's impactful presence and then you get the Venom action stuff and it just looks ... cheap. Like a low budget "B" movie. Not sure they could do better with it, just that it still looks off. Maybe it will show better later?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »

I agree the trailer looks a lot better than I had expected but I've never cared for Venom.  I doubt I'll be seeing this one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »

After trailer 3... I just don't know what to think of this.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »

I know I will not step foot in a theater for this.
(Not that I was going to beforehand)
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:04 PM »

Same here.  And only a "maybe" for watching it on Netflix.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »

Probably gonna pass.  Just doesn't really interest me.

However, I also can't recall a movie, set in modern times, that had sand buggys in them that turned out to be a good movie.

I can think of one. 
"Your grandma took a spill at the sand dunes today. Broke her coccyx...: Wink  Cheesy

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 12:09:18 AM »

Okay, alright, while this isn't a total change for me, I am a little, just a tad, more hopeful about this after seeing this final trailer.
Am I still nervous, oh yeah, but with this clip I can at least see the potential in the effects that I could not see before.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I feared?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »

I'll see it because I'll have to know.

Know what it's like. Know how bad it is. I'll have to know for myself. That way I can ask "why" when it's over.

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »

The hospital I work for gives employees free movie passes for their birthday so I decided to use mine on Venom.  I'm glad I did.  Only because it meant I didn't pay real money to see this movie.  Once again, Sony shows why they shouldn't be allowed to make Marvel movies. 

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »

The hospital I work for gives employees free movie passes for their birthday so I decided to use mine on Venom.  I'm glad I did.  Only because it meant I didn't pay real money to see this movie.  Once again, Sony shows why they shouldn't be allowed to make Marvel movies. 

Ouch.  That bad eh?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »

Saw this today (Christmas) while in the hospital with my mother-in-law (lack of oxygen to her heart ... all is fine now  Smiley) and have to say that there were parts I really liked. It still seemed like 4 different movies, but yeah, wasn't as bad as I thought or initially feared from seeing the first ten minutes or so.

I thought the first section was pretty damn bad, but once the "6 months later" text appeared it got vastly better, for a few, before changing to a different tone and then it got kinda odd and then it got good again and then not so much and then okay, but another different movie, bufore finding its feet and ending strange but okay.

That is my "Venom like" review of Venom
 Smiley

A "better than it sounds"  Wink 6.5 out 10

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 03:16:14 AM »

Saw this today (Christmas) while in the hospital with my mother-in-law (lack of oxygen to her heart ... all is fine now  Smiley) and have to say that there were parts I really liked. It still seemed like 4 different movies, but yeah, wasn't as bad as I thought or initially feared from seeing the first ten minutes or so.

I thought the first section was pretty damn bad, but once the "6 months later" text appeared it got vastly better, for a few, before changing to a different tone and then it got kinda odd and then it got good again and then not so much and then okay, but another different movie, bufore finding its feet and ending strange but okay.

That is my "Venom like" review of Venom
 Smiley

A "better than it sounds"  Wink 6.5 out 10

Ok or an 11 year old?  My daughter keeps begging me to let her watch it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS