HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:26:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avengers Infinity War  (Read 25239 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 03:54:23 AM »

And spoiler for both this movie AND the recent Guardians of the Galaxy comic ... so maybe not read this if you are reading GotG on MU ... at least until you get to the end of that last arc ...

But I am betting that, like in the comic, Gamora is now trapped in the Soul Gem ... damn it ... Soul STONE  Roll Eyes

And to go a little further in thought, that is and Spoiler for the movie only -

It is almost certain that Thanos' location, at the end of the movie, when he is a happy farmer, is much like the comic, is in the Soul Stone. When they show him at his farm house, that sky is almost the same color as the Gem  *sigh* Stone itself. But what intrigues me is how they will work with that idea (if true) that people are inside the Gem itself. Will people accept that idea? I mean, non-comic fans of course.
 Smiley

That's pretty cool.  I am curious how it will be used.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »

And spoiler for both this movie AND the recent Guardians of the Galaxy comic ... so maybe not read this if you are reading GotG on MU ... at least until you get to the end of that last arc ...

But I am betting that, like in the comic, Gamora is now trapped in the Soul Gem ... damn it ... Soul STONE  Roll Eyes

And to go a little further in thought, that is and Spoiler for the movie only -

It is almost certain that Thanos' location, at the end of the movie, when he is a happy farmer, is much like the comic, is in the Soul Stone. When they show him at his farm house, that sky is almost the same color as the Gem  *sigh* Stone itself. But what intrigues me is how they will work with that idea (if true) that people are inside the Gem itself. Will people accept that idea? I mean, non-comic fans of course.
 Smiley

I thought that too as well as...
That's where all the "dead" heroes are as well.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »

Look, I didn't hate the movie....

I got ya, buddy. And even if you did think it was junk ... which you did not ...  you are entitled to that opinion  Smiley  I am still "abuzz" with my love for it but that certainly doesn't mean that any and all discerning opinions, be they the same or different, are not just as (if not more) valid than my own.
 Grin

I think we can all agree they are doing a good job with all the MU movies ... except for Hulk. We all MUST agree that is the worst.

I am kidding, I am kidding
 Grin Grin Grin
I am not even sure the Hulk is my worst any longer

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »

For the movie, I think you are right. It is a lot easier to tell people they were just "transported" to a different location than trying to explain the ole "brought back from the dead" thing
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 05:04:39 PM »

I think we can all agree they are doing a good job with all the MU movies ... except for Hulk. We all MUST agree that is the worst.

I am kidding, I am kidding
 Grin Grin Grin
I am not even sure the Hulk is my worst any longer

Cheesy  Actually, I really don't care too much for Hulk either.  I'd just rather see him than Banner.  
Maybe they thought they only needed one "Big Guy" (Thor) in that fight.  By the way, I may be mistaken, but was Thor sporting the "Ultimate" look there at the end?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:17:44 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »

For the movie, I think you are right. It is a lot easier to tell people they were just "transported" to a different location than trying to explain the ole "brought back from the dead" thing
 Smiley

Yeah, that makes sense. 
For one thing, we didn't really see what, in fact, that stone actually does.  The movie does a great job at finally showcasing the individual powers of the stones to their full abilities.

Secondly, you know that those guys didn't die but just went somewhere else.  I must admit that like most folks, they had me when Bucky evaporated.  But when the rest disintegrated, you knew that Marvel tucked these guys away somewhere.  Marvel has to know that no one is going to be fooled into thinking they would actually kill off Black Panther.

One comment about that.  Spidey's scene was especially gut-wrenching.  It was all the more impressive when I read that he actually improvised that scene.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 11:32:58 PM »

GOING TONIGHT AND I DON'T KNOW ANY SPOILERS WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »

Thanos must have gotten to Jimmy
 Grin

Come on buddy, it's been a whole day!!!! Whadya think?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 01:59:20 AM »

So hard to sit down to the computer on my own for 30 minutes. Sorry! I really want to review!!

I liked it a lot. I know it's essentially an action movie, so I'm not as high up as you were Perry, more along Mitch's sentiment, but man, I'm just glad the experience got to happen!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 03:46:48 AM »

Took the kiddo to see it tonight.

After second viewing I have to say I may be going over to Perry’s side on this.  It just might be in my top three now.

My poor daughter kept asking “Where’s Black Panther?”  Then when Wakanda appeared she practically squealed with excitement.

Then....
poor thing left the movie devastated.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »

Here I go!!

I really liked it. I truly did! But I have comments or criticisms as well. More comments, I think. Or rather, commentary rather.

This movie truly is 10 years within the making. Because, without having seen the other movies before, most of the movie could be considered worthless. But, that's the leeway you get when you put 10 awesome years together of movies; it's all established, go and do what you want!

Which is what makes Avengers into a really good action movie. I loved the entire trip of it, and when I went to see it a second time in the same weekend...I'm not sure I felt the same kind of wonder or magic to it.

Quick hits
-I continue to hate most of the Iron Man armors after IM 2 and Avengers. This utterly super powered thing just doesn't do it for me in the movie.
-I continue to hate that Spider-man's effectiveness hinges upon what gifts the Great Wizard of OzStarktech grants him. The comic Spidey was so revolutionary because of the 'everyman'-a teenage guy, sewing his own suit, making his own gadgets, and webbing (and running out because he's just a poor kid!). That part is gone, to me, from the character in the movie. I love Holland, but I want more for his Spidey.

Thanos

Dr.Strange

Poor Guardians representation

kid on lap edit talk later

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »

Jimmy, I totally agree with you on that Spider-Man viewpoint.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »

And I respect both of your viewpoints, but
didn't we get that in like the first 55 Spider-Man movies? I mean, yes, he is getting more "things" from Stark, but I don't see that as taking over who or what Spider-Man is nor his effectiveness. He is still a bumbling kid trying to make his way through things. And I don't see it as needing Stark (or his gadgets) as much as a kid inventor being in awe of an elder inventor (in the Spider-Man movie) and (here) being a kid saying hell yeah to a new ipad instead of a newspaper. That is what kids are like as well.
Plus he is the one that figured out how to deal with Maw don't forget, and used a teenagers infatuation of movies to do it. It is still the same Peter, just a shinier costume. I don't hold that against him.
JMO
 Smiley
I loved all the Spidey moments myself.  Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »

And I respect both of your viewpoints, but
didn't we get that in like the first 55 Spider-Man movies? I mean, yes, he is getting more "things" from Stark, but I don't see that as taking over who or what Spider-Man is nor his effectiveness. He is still a bumbling kid trying to make his way through things. And I don't see it as needing Stark (or his gadgets) as much as a kid inventor being in awe of an elder inventor (in the Spider-Man movie) and (here) being a kid saying hell yeah to a new ipad instead of a newspaper. That is what kids are like as well.
Plus he is the one that figured out how to deal with Maw don't forget, and used a teenagers infatuation of movies to do it. It is still the same Peter, just a shinier costume. I don't hold that against him.
JMO
 Smiley
I loved all the Spidey moments myself.  Smiley

I swear I'm having a freaky Friday moment with Perry and we have somehow switched bodies.  First, he goes and sees a new Marvel movie at the theater before I do and now I dislike something about said Marvel movie and he is defending it.

What. Is. Happening? 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 01:44:45 PM »

What. Is. Happening? 

I know, right?
 Cheesy

I had free tickets to the Deadpool opening and I had to turn them down. I just couldn't see it before you  ... I could not do that to you, to the universe, again.
 Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS