HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:52:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Money Heist on Netflix  (Read 3936 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 14, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »

Man check this show out if you can!

I watched the first season a couple of months ago which ended in a cliff hanger.  Drove me nuts!  But lucky me didn’t know I had come in late because season 2 dropped this week!  I just finished it and it’s the end of the story.  So you can see the whole thing in one binge sitting!

It’s a show from Spain but you can watch it in English via options in Netflix.  The dubbing is pretty good.

If you love big plan heist flicks like Oceans 11 then you will love this.  I’m sad it’s over because I really got invested in the characters and I’m going to miss seeing more of them!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »

I was wrong - Season 3 just dropped on Netflix!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:27:32 PM »

Season 3 was awesome.  I love these characters.  There's definitely a Season 4 (which they call "Parts" instead of "Seasons") coming as well.

Here are the trailers for all three parts.  Obviously, if you watch the trailers for Part 2 & 3 before you watch the first part you'll get a little spoiled.  Fair warning.

Trailer for Part 1:

Trailer for Part 2:

Trailer for Part 3:

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »

HEY, this is not what I thought it was.
 Cheesy

For some reason I thought this was a different, American show, one I had seen the trailer for and just had no intention or desire to see. I actually have this one in my queue already and after watching the first 10 or so seconds of the trailer (and only that amount to not get spoiled by anything  Grin), I moved it up to the top of that list, even above Mindhunter that I was set to start, for I think the wife will enjoy this one more.

Thanks for the trailer(s), Jeff. I would have let this one linger back on the tail-end of my list had you not posted it.

I should have known you raving about this show just meant that it could not have been that other stupid looking show I thought it was  Cheesy and damn it, I can't remember the name, but I thought this was that.
I honestly didn't even read the part about this one being from Spain. I just knew it was that one I didn't want to see. Yep, glad you set me straight.
Heck, I would start watching right now as it is only 4:40 AM and I have nothing to do right now  Smiley but if I watch this one without the wife, mi esposa me va a matar
(my wife will kill me ... my wife is going to kill me)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »

So I snuck the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode in while the wife was sleeping (I will have to rewatch it with her of course and that's fine, I do it all the time) and I noticed two things:

- The amount of episodes is large. I am use to the UK way of show production where you get 4, maybe 6, episodes per series (seasons). I was not expecting to have a 13 episode "part" (season). Not that that is bad. Just wasn't expecting it. I thought the wife and I could knock the 3 "parts" out pretty quick, but with three times what I was expecting, this is gonna take awhile.
I have no issues with show taking awhile
 Grin

- I was not expecting it to start off Dubbed. I have subtitles set on Netflix so when it started I totally forgot it was subtitled. I watched/listened to the first few minutes of the show dubbed as it is done in the narrative voice so there were no mouth movements to be seen  Grin (I love voiceover flicks. Like Mikey Spillane movies or any PI movie usually or the great Blade Runner ... which Harrison Ford hated that they wanted him to do the overdubbing. I think it makes the movie. Wow, sidetracked! Anyway ...) I watched it dubbed as there were no mouth movements I didn't even think about it until later.
I am a hater of dubbed foreign films, HATE THEM, so I instantly, once I realized it was indeed dubbed (like Jeff said by the way  Roll Eyes Cheesy), I switched to subtitles, my preferred way to, again, watch any and all foreign flicks. But yeah, like Jeff said the dubbing is pretty good. So good and well acted in-fact that I decided, for the first time in my life, to watch a non-English movie dubbed.

The reason? Well, here the sub-titles just led to too much melodrama in my ears. I mean, Asian melodrama has a sound profile and it takes a little to get use to, but I dig it most of the times. But daaaaamn, the way the chick talks in this ... very Telenovela'ish  Cheesy. Like where all the ladies are so over the top in their ... enthusiasm it makes it hard to watch a serious subject matter. Not that it is the norm for Spanish stuff, but mostly I guess. I do watch another Latin show on Amazon that I have discussed here (the one that is so brutally slow it is crazy) and the vocals on that are fine.

But yeah, Jeff, spot on with the dubbing here. It is good. Very good.

Wow, I'm going to watch a dubbed movie/series. That is just too damn strange.
 Grin

Edit - and I love the Dali masks!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS