HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 08:17:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 4, 2018  (Read 9605 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 10:45:50 AM »

Got through another (big) one last night;
Green Lantern Earth One v1

Jeff, you may want to read this. Not only because it is an Earth One OGN (and I think you have read them all so far), but also because the creative team. This was done by the married couple Corrina Bechko and Gabriel Hardman, whom you may remember from Invisible Republic.

Pretty good read and I like, at the end of the book, they put their original pitch (or at least I am assuming that is what that was) and there was a little change that occoured. I can only guess (or once more "assume") that the change came from editorial, but maybe they themeselves changed it?

Anyway, cool read, so look for it ... maybe on sale ... not saying it isn't worth what DC is charging, but ... yeah, if you can find it cheaper than the $25 cover price ...
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 11:44:00 AM »

This is going to be one heck of a week so not sure how much more I will get to, but so far -

Aquaman #34 - Kinda getting tired of this "king" story. Add in they want me to buy the Mera mini ... eh
Detective Comics #975 - Wordy, but worth a darn read for sure.
The Terrifics #2 - Not liking THIS Phantom Girl (my favorite Legionnaire) but the story is cool. Needs to pick up a tad, but hey, I just sat through 13 Avengers issues that should have only been 5, sooooo
 Cheesy

Amazing Spider-Man #797
Amazing Spider-Man #798
- See? This is good Slott. No, a Great Slott. What a minute ... "Great Slott!!"  Cheesy Cheesy
Avengers #687 - This is starting to get going now, finally, and I like the old feel to this story.
Black Bolt #12 I was off all the X books until I found this writer is writing Exiles ... getting that now.
Iron Fist #78
Iron Fist #79
- A fun "Dr. Strange Damnation" tie-in. Not needed, not a must have, but a worthy tie-in on its own
Marvel 2-in-1 #5 - This damn book!!!! This is the Fantastic Four without the title on the cover. Man, Zdarski is killing it with this book. I am so glad to know that when Slott's FF hits, this book is set to continue. I only hope that it keeps the Ben Grimm lead and starts to alternate the co-stars each arc .. or better still each month like my other, just as fun, true love, the 70's/80's Marvel Two-In-One. Damn, I may have to hit Comixology and get some of those damn issues. This book is really making miss the original as well as my FF. Good series!!! A Perry Must Read!!

The End League #1 - A little title that only lasted nine issues and was NOT as early in Remender's career as I had thought. This came out well after LCD, Fear Agent, Red Sea, etc ... Still, not as well known for being a Remender title I suppose. I wasn't blown away by the first issue but going to give issue two a shot before throwing in the towel.
 Undecided

EDIT - Just checked Comixology for Marvel Two-In-One and they do have a great deal of the issues, it isn't complete. That would not deter me from buying a few anyway, and I may end up doing just that, but I may try and wait another month to see if the popularity of the current run will induce a 99¢ sale. If not, I will check into asking the wife if I can buy some $1.99 issues ... at least the darn George Perez issues of the Pegasus Project that lead to the Serpent Crown Affair!! Damn, those issues were so ... I was so damn fond of those issues. That time with Marvel in general was just so ... what is a greater word for great?
 Grin  Smiley Smiley

I'm enjoying the Mera mini by itself and dropped Aquaman til this arc is over.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »

I'm enjoying the Mera mini by itself and dropped Aquaman til this arc is over.

Well I am glad you are digging on some Mera action  Smiley I tried the first issue and while it was okay, it just didn't hit for me. I am reading so much now that I am trying to minimize adding new titles as much as I can and if it doesn't hit by a good margin for me, I just have to walk away.

I liked Aquaman, especially the last issues with Sejic and the other artists, but this story is dragging out more than the current Avengers.
 Cheesy

Also funny that while you like Mera and not so much Aquaman, and I like Aquaman yet not so much Mera, both are written by the same guy
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »

Got through another (big) one last night;
Green Lantern Earth One v1

Jeff, you may want to read this. Not only because it is an Earth One OGN (and I think you have read them all so far), but also because the creative team. This was done by the married couple Corrina Bechko and Gabriel Hardman, whom you may remember from Invisible Republic.

Pretty good read and I like, at the end of the book, they put their original pitch (or at least I am assuming that is what that was) and there was a little change that occoured. I can only guess (or once more "assume") that the change came from editorial, but maybe they themeselves changed it?

Anyway, cool read, so look for it ... maybe on sale ... not saying it isn't worth what DC is charging, but ... yeah, if you can find it cheaper than the $25 cover price ...
 Smiley

Great!  I have it in my wish list on ComiXology for $14.99.  Now I definitely get it!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS