HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:37:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 4, 2018  (Read 9576 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 05, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »

Feels like a Defenders kind of week.

ComiXology
Descender 27
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #13
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #14
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #15
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #16
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #17
Stangers in Paradise Vol 3 #18
Birthright 30
Black Monday Murders 8
Kill or Be Killed 16
Lazarus Soucebook 3
Lazarus X+66 #6
Ninja-K 1
Ninja-K 2
Redneck 10
Saga 49
Sex Criminals 22

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 11
Jessica Jones 12
Luke Cage 4
Luke Cage 5
Dare Devil 25
Dare Devil 26
Iron Fist 7
Defenders 4
Defenders 5
Doctor Strange 25
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy 10
Thanos 11

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »

4 weeks behind, and dropping further back still!😯

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »

Man - Strangers in Paradise is really depressing me.  Can't anything go right for these characters? Great book though.

Descender is starting a new and interesting arc.

Birthright - I'm kind of ready for this to end and it seems close.  Great book and story just dragging out longer than I think it needs to.

ComiXology
Descender 27
Birthright 30

Black Monday Murders 8
Kill or Be Killed 16
Lazarus Soucebook 3
Lazarus X+66 #6
Ninja-K 1
Ninja-K 2
Redneck 10
Saga 49
Sex Criminals 22

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 11
Jessica Jones 12
Luke Cage 4
Luke Cage 5
Dare Devil 25
Dare Devil 26
Iron Fist 7
Defenders 4
Defenders 5
Doctor Strange 25
Thanos 11

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »

Jeff

Re: Birthright, even Descender

I really do feel there is a finite level of storytelling to these books. I don't see them going hundreds of issues, and the premise is 'solve the projected problem.' don't drag it out. Y the last man was 60 issues. Great 5 year sorry! No more was needed.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »

I think issue #30 is the last issue for Birthright ... yeah?

I thought I saw that somewhere, but maybe it was just another end of an arc and a "break" time?

I think it is done though.

EDIT - Okay, I can't find anything that says it is indeed over, and I don't want rumors about a books demise (scheduled or not) to start making the rounds when that is not the case, so forget I said anything and just move on
 Cheesy Cheesy

(Damn, I still could have sworn I saw it ... but hey, until I see it again, take it as the team is still planning a #31)
 Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:30:04 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

I think issue #30 is the last issue for Birthright ... yeah?

I thought I saw that somewhere, but maybe it was just another end of an arc and a "break" time?

I think it is done though.

EDIT - Okay, I can't find anything that says it is indeed over, and I don't want rumors about a books demise (scheduled or not) to start making the rounds when that is not the case, so forget I said anything and just move on
 Cheesy Cheesy

(Damn, I still could have sworn I saw it ... but hey, until I see it again, take it as the team is still planning a #31)
 Smiley

Since the story didn't end I'm going to assume it's not over yet.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 05:26:20 PM »

Since the story didn't end I'm going to assume it's not over yet.   Grin

Cheesy
Yeppers, that is usually a good sign, huh?

I think maybe it was Spread I was thinking of. Back when it ended at 24 (or whatever it was). Hell, I don't know.

Milk, does a body good.
Drugs, do a brain bad.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »

Moving faster this week - probably because I don't have any trades in the list...

ComiXology
Descender 27
Birthright 30
Black Monday Murders 8
Kill or Be Killed 16
Lazarus Soucebook 3
Lazarus X+66 #6
Ninja-K 1

Ninja-K 2
Redneck 10
Saga 49
Sex Criminals 22

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 11
Jessica Jones 12
Luke Cage 4
Luke Cage 5
Dare Devil 25
Dare Devil 26
Iron Fist 7
Defenders 4
Defenders 5
Doctor Strange 25
Thanos 11

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 03:04:52 AM »

Done early! Not sure if I’ll add more yet since I know I’m gonna be busy the next three days.

ComiXology
Descender 27
Birthright 30
Black Monday Murders 8
Kill or Be Killed 16
Lazarus Soucebook 3
Lazarus X+66 #6
Ninja-K 1
Ninja-K 2
Redneck 10
Saga 49
Sex Criminals 22

Marvel Unlimited
Jessica Jones 11
Jessica Jones 12
Luke Cage 4
Luke Cage 5
Dare Devil 25
Dare Devil 26
Iron Fist 7
Defenders 4
Defenders 5
Doctor Strange 25
Thanos 11

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 10:15:42 PM »

Finished up some more. SIP is hard to put down.

ComiXology
Strangers in Paradise 19
Strangers in Paradise 20
Strangers in Paradise 21
Strangers in Paradise 22
Strangers in Paradise 23
Strangers in Paradise 24

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 01:40:05 AM »

Lots of reading time today.  Finished up these tonight as well.

Marvel Unlimited
Weapon X 8
Old Man Logan 28
Jean Grey 7
Avengers 11
Mighty Thor 23
Cable 5

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

This is going to be one heck of a week so not sure how much more I will get to, but so far -

Aquaman #34 - Kinda getting tired of this "king" story. Add in they want me to buy the Mera mini ... eh
Detective Comics #975 - Wordy, but worth a darn read for sure.
The Terrifics #2 - Not liking THIS Phantom Girl (my favorite Legionnaire) but the story is cool. Needs to pick up a tad, but hey, I just sat through 13 Avengers issues that should have only been 5, sooooo
 Cheesy

Amazing Spider-Man #797
Amazing Spider-Man #798
- See? This is good Slott. No, a Great Slott. What a minute ... "Great Slott!!"  Cheesy Cheesy
Avengers #687 - This is starting to get going now, finally, and I like the old feel to this story.
Black Bolt #12 I was off all the X books until I found this writer is writing Exiles ... getting that now.
Iron Fist #78
Iron Fist #79
- A fun "Dr. Strange Damnation" tie-in. Not needed, not a must have, but a worthy tie-in on its own
Marvel 2-in-1 #5 - This damn book!!!! This is the Fantastic Four without the title on the cover. Man, Zdarski is killing it with this book. I am so glad to know that when Slott's FF hits, this book is set to continue. I only hope that it keeps the Ben Grimm lead and starts to alternate the co-stars each arc .. or better still each month like my other, just as fun, true love, the 70's/80's Marvel Two-In-One. Damn, I may have to hit Comixology and get some of those damn issues. This book is really making miss the original as well as my FF. Good series!!! A Perry Must Read!!

The End League #1 - A little title that only lasted nine issues and was NOT as early in Remender's career as I had thought. This came out well after LCD, Fear Agent, Red Sea, etc ... Still, not as well known for being a Remender title I suppose. I wasn't blown away by the first issue but going to give issue two a shot before throwing in the towel.
 Undecided

EDIT - Just checked Comixology for Marvel Two-In-One and they do have a great deal of the issues, it isn't complete. That would not deter me from buying a few anyway, and I may end up doing just that, but I may try and wait another month to see if the popularity of the current run will induce a 99¢ sale. If not, I will check into asking the wife if I can buy some $1.99 issues ... at least the darn George Perez issues of the Pegasus Project that lead to the Serpent Crown Affair!! Damn, those issues were so ... I was so damn fond of those issues. That time with Marvel in general was just so ... what is a greater word for great?
 Grin  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:53:25 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »

The Terrifics #2 - Not liking THIS Phantom Girl (my favorite Legionnaire) but the story is cool. Needs to pick up a tad, but hey, I just sat through 13 Avengers issues that should have only been 5, sooooo
 Cheesy

I was also disappointed to find out it's not the same Phantom Girl as the one in the Legion.  Maybe it's an ancestor of hers?  But I guess that frees her up for that Hickman Legion series we may never see.

EDIT - Just checked Comixology for Marvel Two-In-One and they do have a great deal of the issues, it isn't complete. That would not deter me from buying a few anyway, and I may end up doing just that, but I may try and wait another month to see if the popularity of the current run will induce a 99¢ sale. If not, I will check into asking the wife if I can buy some $1.99 issues ... at least the darn George Perez issues of the Pegasus Project that lead to the Serpent Crown Affair!! Damn, those issues were so ... I was so damn fond of those issues. That time with Marvel in general was just so ... what is a greater word for great?
 Grin  Smiley Smiley

Would it be cheaper to just subscribe to Marvel Unlimited?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »

Cheesy

I was also disappointed to find out it's not the same Phantom Girl as the one in the Legion.  Maybe it's an ancestor of hers?  But I guess that frees her up for that Hickman Legion series we may never see.

Ha, yeah, that is true. Damn, maybe Lemire can write that as well
 Grin

Grin  Smiley Smiley

Would it be cheaper to just subscribe to Marvel Unlimited?

Hey you!!! Don't you step up to me with logic and sound advice!!!! Don't you even!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, it probably would, but ... but ... oh hell, I have nothing Cheesy

I know I will have to jump on that wagon at some point, but right now it is just too easy to stay up to date on most Marvel right now and so spending the money for a yearly service, even a great one, that is currently a half a year behind just isn't a good thing for me right now. I think as long as I have access to current Marvel stuff (not sure how much longer if Dave quits) and I just buy comics an issue or two or twenty  Cheesy as certain titles go on sale, I should be okay. Plus, I am building a pretty decent digital library with each passing month (AKA each passing sales event  Grin). Especially if Marvel keeps giving us those 99¢ collections deals like they keep doing. I mean THIS puppy just came out and look at this price!!!!! You can't beat that with any sub price.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »

I mean THIS puppy just came out and look at this price!!!!! You can't beat that with any sub price.
 Smiley

Ok - Even I couldn't pass that up.  84 cents for a 19.99 book?  Oh yeah.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS