HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:15:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League Odyssey  (Read 6086 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: March 25, 2018, 10:49:22 PM »

New thread line for the upcoming JL Odyssey series, beginning in August.

Full story at : https://www.newsarama.com/39196-dc-launching-justice-league-line-under-new-justice-banner.html

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:56:14 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:54:47 AM »

I am all on board the Snyder Justice League and the James Tynion Justice League Dark (Wonder Woman, Detective CHimp, Zatanna, Swamp Thing and Man-Bat) but I have no desire whatsoever to buy Justice League Odyssey. Williamson's creator stuff is fine, but I have not enjoyed his Flash at all and add in the fact that this "team" will consist of four characters I have little but apathy for (Cyborg, Starfire, Azreal and Jessica Cruz) and I just don't see a pull for me. Best of luck to them all, however!!

Okay, I lie, there is one strong reason to buy it, but sorry Sejic, I will just go look at your other creator stuff and it will have to do. However I have a feeling you won't be on this title long, even though you deserve as long a run as you want, so I'll be seeing your gorgeous work soon, elsewhere.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 12:59:29 AM »

I’m not excited about this Justice League / Titans reboot anymore.  Except for Dark and maybe Legion of Doom.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 01:09:14 PM »

Even though it has Starfire and Cyborg, I'm not excited about this team. However, the premise is what I want to read. WHY would this odd group follow Darkseid? I'll get the first arc and go from there.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 02:17:55 AM »

So this comic is still going.  It's up to issue 18 now.  That's not a bad run for something I didn't think anyone would read.  So I took a look at some pages and found out this is more of a New Gods kind of book.  Although not gripped to jump on this book, I am now curious.

Has anyone read this?  Is it any good?

Truth be told, it was seeing this that got my attention.   Grin

I love that Red Lantern Cat!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:23:22 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 10:11:05 AM »

Not read it.
No desire to for some reason. Must be the line-up  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 08:37:35 PM »

Not read it.

Or the fact it's written by Abnett.  I just realized that and my curiosity waned.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 08:48:42 PM »

Not read it.

Or the fact it's written by Abnett.  I just realized that and my curiosity waned.

Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 08:28:54 PM »

Another cancelled series, ended with issue 25.

Written by Dan Abnett. Art by Will Conrad. Cover by Skan. Final issue! The Justice Leagues intergalactic team of Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, Orion of the New Gods, Red Lantern Dex-Starr, and New Teen Titans Starfire and Cyborg make a final stand against Darkseid in a battle that reshapes the cosmic landscape across every sector of space!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 01:13:10 PM »

Ok, now I do want to read it and give it a shot! Dex-Starr!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS