HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:22:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 7, 2017  (Read 9054 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 07, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »

Another new month!  2018 is moving fast!

ComiXology
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 39
Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14
Eternity 2
Eternity 3
Eternity 4
Batman 42
Deathstroke 29
Justice League 40

Marvel Unlimited
Star Wars: Poe Dameron Annual 1
Poe Dameron 17
Poe Dameron 18
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra 10
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra 11
Doctor Aphra Annual 1
Star Wars 34
Star Wars 35
Mace Windu 1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:57 PM »

Off to a faster start this week =

Batman #41
Batman #42 - Okay, King may have turned a corner. Last couple of arcs have been ... damn fun. This one included. Wow.
Justice League #39
Justice League #40 - Just incredible storytelling. Priest is a god. Or at least a demi one  Cheesy
Nightwing #40 - Only one more issue and I am off this again. Kinda took a wrong turn that I hope finishes better
Super Sons #13 - The end is nigh!!!

Avengers #683 - I like that Hank is starting to look more and more like old, 80's Beast. Not there yet, but almost.
Peter Parker #300 - Haha, I enjoy Zdarski's Peter. Funny, dorky and overlooked, like he should be

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »

Does anyone know what the status is on Trees?  I just finished the last issue (14) and clearly the story’s not over.  This issue came out in 2016.  Did they just drop it?

ComiXology
Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14

Eternity 2
Eternity 3
Eternity 4
Batman 42
Deathstroke 29
Justice League 40

Marvel Unlimited
Poe Dameron 17
Poe Dameron 18
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Doctor Aphra Annual 1
Star Wars 34
Star Wars 35
Mace Windu 1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »

Does anyone know what the status is on Trees?  I just finished the last issue (14) and clearly the story’s not over.  This issue came out in 2016.  Did they just drop it?

The creative team took a break to work on the tv project of the same and ... yeah ...
*crickets*

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »

The creative team took a break to work on the tv project of the same and ... yeah ...
*crickets*

Really?  It’s not that great but I would like to know how it ends.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:30:27 AM »

Really?  It’s not that great but I would like to know how it ends.

Exactly.

But at least it didn't go the way of Ellis' short lived FELL did. Lost in a computer crash. Man I loved that series. This one has a shot at coming back one day.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »

But at least it didn't go the way of Ellis' short lived FELL did. Lost in a computer crash. Man I loved that series. This one has a shot at coming back one day.

I recently re-read Fell just for fun (plus the whole thing is free to read on ComiXolgy Unlimited).  I miss that too and wasn't aware of the computer crash.  Too bad - that was a great series.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »

Okay, still clipping along at a good pace for this week.

Batman #41
Batman #42
Justice League #39
Justice League #40
Nightwing #40
Super Sons #13

Avengers #683
Peter Parker #300

Superman #41
Superman #42 - A decent little couple of issues, really, but pales in comparison to my Lemire'athon that starts with ...
The Terrifics #1 - I really enjoyed this first step into DC's Fantastic Four. Lemire doing here what he does similarly in Black Hammer. Take a few characters and twist them into fitting in a different outfit.  Grin

Doctor Star #1- Speaking of Black Hammer, here is yet another mini series based on Lemire's wonderful group. Also a win!!
Gideon Falls #1- Oh, this Lemire book is gonna be good. And he brought along his Green Arrow partner Sorrentino for art!!!
Bloodshot Salvation #2
Bloodshot Salvation #3
Bloodshot Salvation #4
Bloodshot Salvation #5
Bloodshot Salvation #6
Bloodshot Salvation #7 - Finally breaking back into this title after taking a few months off. What can I say? Yet another Lemire book that just keeps me entertained from page one to page "end of issue"

I think I have no more Lemire titles to read right now. What in the hell?Huh
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Any chance his work is going to start suffering anytime soon?  That's a lot of titles to be writing.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 10:11:47 PM »

Making much better progress this week.  Looks like I should finish up tomorrow.   Grin

ComiXology
Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14
Eternity 2
Eternity 3
Eternity 4
Batman 42
Deathstroke 29
Justice League 40

Marvel Unlimited
Poe Dameron 17
Poe Dameron 18

Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Doctor Aphra Annual 1
Star Wars 34
Star Wars 35
Mace Windu 1

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »

Any chance his work is going to start suffering anytime soon?  That's a lot of titles to be writing.

He's getting up there with his Image stuff: Descender, Gideon Falls and Royal City; his Dark Horse Black Hammer stuff, which now includes the current mini Doctor Star and the upcoming Black Hammer: Age of Doom; his current DC work with The Terrifics along with his new DC Inferior Five soon ... not to mention his new Sentry title from Marvel ... yeah, he has a full plate.

Nowhere near what Cullen Bunn does each month (who I think was at 20 something titles per month at one point).

Lemire is still getting it done so far. Nailing each and everyone of them so hopefully no drop off in quality soon.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 01:46:50 AM »

Royal City is one I haven’t picked up. Are you reading it?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »

Read the first two issues. I am set for the long haul, though waiting for a huge set of issues, but this is another of his "human condition" type of stories like Essex County. There is a ghost involved (if I remember that part correctly ... I think I do  Grin) but it is still more about the people. No capes, no horror, nothing along those lines. Still good.
 Smiley
Much like Kindt's Grass Kings ... almost ... (not really)  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 09:50:45 PM »

...this is another of his "human condition" type of stories like Essex County...

...Much like Kindt's Grass Kings ...

Lol.  Neither of which I have read so I still don't know what this is like.  Ha, ha!   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 02:37:40 AM »

Done!

ComiXology
Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14
Eternity 2
Eternity 3
Eternity 4
Batman 42
Deathstroke 29
Justice League 40

Marvel Unlimited
Poe Dameron 17
Poe Dameron 18
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Doctor Aphra Annual 1
Star Wars 34
Star Wars 35
Mace Windu 1

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS