HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:31:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 28, 2018  (Read 5109 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 28, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »

Last day of the month!

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 3
Cable 4
Old Man Logan 27
Jean Grey 5
Generations:  Phoenix & Jean Grey
Generations:  Wolverine & All-New Wolverine
Astonishing X-Men 2
Weapon X 6
The Totally Awesome Hulk 2
Weapon X 7
Mighty Thor 22
Generations:  The Unworthy Thor & The Mighty Thor

ComiXology
Detective Comics 975
The Flash Annual 1
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 39
The Terrifics 1
Titans 18
Titans 19
Titans 20
Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 07:01:49 PM »

Last day of the month!

ComiXology
Titans 18
Titans 19
Titans 20

Getting caught up on your Titans?

I picked up Teen Titans #17 and Mera #1.
BOTH of the main comic shops were sold out of Terrifics #1. WTF? It's not even getting good reviews.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:03:26 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »

Last day of the month!

ComiXology
Titans 18
Titans 19
Titans 20

Getting caught up on your Titans?

I picked up Teen Titans #17 and Mera #1.
BOTH of the main comic shops were sold out of Terrifics #1. WTF? It's not even getting good reviews.

I’m working on it.  We moved into our new house this weekend so I haven’t had much of a chance to read.  I’m vegging out tonight after a long day of moving small stuff and cleaning the apartment. Going to get some reading out of the way.  Hmmm. Maybe Titans should be first!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 02:38:00 AM »

I saw your move on Facebook! Congrats on the new place!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »

Thanks Rodney!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »

Real quick- Secret Empire 10.

It wasn't just Alonso who should have gotten fired. Heads should have rolled everywhere. Why Spencer is still working for them now is beyond me currently.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »

Thanks Rodney!

Yes, Congrats on finally getting in there, buddy!!!

Real quick- Secret Empire 10.

It wasn't just Alonso who should have gotten fired. Heads should have rolled everywhere. Why Spencer is still working for them now is beyond me currently.

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 3
Cable 4
Old Man Logan 27
Jean Grey 5
Astonishing X-Men 2
Weapon X 6
Weapon X 7
Mighty Thor 22

ComiXology
Detective Comics 975
The Flash Annual 1
The Terrifics 1
Titans 18
Titans 19
Titans 20

Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14

Not sure if I will get through all of these tonight but I do have some free time tonight.

Titans - I liked this last arc.  Funny I had dropped right before the very issue that made it fun to read.  Glad I came back.  I agree with Rodney thought -
Why would they listen to the Justice League.  I also don't believe the JL would have imposed this on them anyway.  How can you tell the adult Titans you can't be a team but let the little Teen Titans run around unsupervised?  Not consistent.

Terrifics - I liked this first issue.  Rodney said this wasn't getting good reviews.  I wonder why?  This is a fun read!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »

Got through all of my Marvel and all but ONE of my DC.   Grin

The rest moves to the new list...

Marvel Unlimited
Cable 3
Cable 4
Old Man Logan 27
Jean Grey 5
Astonishing X-Men 2
Weapon X 6
Weapon X 7
Mighty Thor 22

ComiXology
Detective Comics 975
The Flash Annual 1

The Terrifics 1
Titans 18
Titans 19
Titans 20

Black Magick 10
Redneck 9
Sex Criminals 21
Sherlock Frankenstein 4
Southern Bastards 19
Trees 9
Trees 10
Trees 11
Trees 12
Trees 13
Trees 14

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »

Got a few in last week -

Action Comics #998 - Just trying to get myself pumped for Bendis' run by reading stuff that will not matter once he is on  Grin
Aquaman #33 - Don't understand Rodney's opinion on the art (you don't like this stuff, my man?), but I love it! Hells yeah.

Avengers #682 - Still digging this story that I know Jimmy will not enjoy. Seriously, buddy, just avoid  Cheesy I am digging it!!!
Doctor Strange #386 - Now THIS title is the one I see getting ragged on, but I dig the hell out of this. Make sense? No
Thanos #16 - AMAZ'BALLS!!!!!
Mighty Thor #704 - Just a tad under Thanos for as my pick of the week!!
Moon Knight #192 - Hmm, the gleam has worn a little thin, but still enjoying this for the most part. Wrong voice now though

Ice Cream Man #2 - Another good story, but not as "twisty" or "surprising" as I thought this title would be.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »

Terrifics - I liked this first issue.  Rodney said this wasn't getting good reviews.

Yeah, I saw where he said that here somewhere and I just have to ask ... Rodney, my man, where did you see it was getting bad reviews? You need to stop listening to those sites/reviewers  Wink Grin Cheesy  because this was a solid first issue. I can get how not everyone is going to enjoy everything, but if you are getting multiple reports that this issue was bad ... I just can't agree. Sure, not much happens, but it is only a first issue after all. I enjoyed the art (all aspects of it), the pacing and the dialog was also on point.

If you are reading the bad reviews from Pierce Lydon over at Newsarama, he is ... he seems to like giving negative reviews anyway. At least from the reviews I have seen of him. Hell even with his review of this he seems like an FF fanboy that doesn't see that this comic IS a nod to that team. His 5 outta 10 for this being too much like the FF is totally missing the point.
If the bad reviews are coming from Outright Geekery, Kaboom, Comic Book Bin or the like, take those with a grain of salt. A lot of those smaller comic sites are just trying to get click bait and give some reviews, at least it seems, based on how much they can shock people.
Comicbook.com ... just has lots of peep. Don't key in on any one review there.  Grin

For a good review site, that gets all the reviews from most all other sites, always check out Comic Book Round-Up HERE to get a better sense of how titles and issues are hitting on average from around the net. There, you will see that Terrifics are getting an 8.0 average from critics and an 8.5 from us fans. I think that is a pretty good rating for an issue one
 Smiley

I say flip through the issue, if you can find one  Smiley, next time you are at your LCS and see what ya think
 Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS