HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:24:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 24, 2018  (Read 4719 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 24, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »

I can't believe January is almost done!

Marvel Unlimited
Weapon X 5
Spider-Men II 1
Old Man Logan 26
Hulk 8
Defenders 3
Ultimates 2 #9
Totally Awesome Hulk 25
Mighty Thor 21
Luke Cage 3
Daredevil 24
Astonishing X-Men 1

ComiXology
Aquaman 32
Batman 39
Detective Comics 973
Doomsday Clock 3
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 37
Justice League 37
Nightwing:  The New Order 6
Super Sons 12
Titans 12
Titans 13
Titans 14
Titans 15
Titans 16
Titans 17

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:16:36 AM »

Amazing how you can feel like your cruising then all of a sudden - it feels like your behind!

Marvel Unlimited
Weapon X 5
Spider-Men II 1

Old Man Logan 26
Hulk 8
Defenders 3
Ultimates 2 #9
Totally Awesome Hulk 25
Mighty Thor 21
Luke Cage 3
Daredevil 24
Astonishing X-Men 1

ComiXology
Aquaman 32
Batman 39
Detective Comics 973
Doomsday Clock 3
Justice League 37
Nightwing:  The New Order 6
Super Sons 12

Titans 12
Titans 13
Titans 14
Titans 15
Titans 16
Titans 17

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »

Knocked out a lot over the past 4 days, a good bit while waiting for doc today  Angry

Sherlock Frankenstein #4 - I didn't see that one twist coming. Over all just an okay mini, though pretty important to the Black Hammer mythos. The Sneak Peak at the end was pretty cool.  Smiley

Detective Comics #970
Detective Comics #971
Detective Comics #972
Detective Comics #973
- Well that ended ... abruptly, yeah? Not sure how I feel about what Kate did, honestly.
Doomsday Clock #3 - Another spot on issue!! Sad this is going bi-monthly now
Hal and the GLC #37 - Superfast read actually. Just started in and BOOM, it was over.
Super Sons #12 - The entire voting thing in this issue was complete bullshit. Hated this issue for that.
The Wild Storm: Michael Cray #1 - The art is rough. Real rough. No other way to say it. Will try to hang, but ...
Nightwing: New World Order #4
Nightwing: New World Order #5
Nightwing: New World Order #6
- This was a very well written series, and I enjoyed it for what it was, but I had problems with it from the get go. All personal things that bug me more than anything wrong with the comic. Like, I hate when people do the "It has to be this way" thing until it is THEIR family involved and then suddenly the whole system is bad. Sorry, it was fine for every other parent other than yourself when they went through this, but now that it is you and yours suddenly you are a fighter of how wrong it is? This just reminds me too much of politicians. They scream how "point A" is really the only true way to go that makes sense, until it is their ass on the line for "point A" and then it becomes "Oh, we must change this system". BAH! How about before any rule or law gets put into effect you just stop and think what you would want to do if it was your child, your mom, your dad or whomever that had to go through what you are proposing and then tell my how you feel about it.
This is the best way. This has to work
Oh wait, my kid is going to have to do what I have been saying for years?
Well ... no, no "I am NOT having MY KID go through that"
(I guess it was okay for other fathers though, huh?)
Good mini, just hate the thought process. Too much like real politicians/cops/people in charge. Always good until it is them that is going through it.

Avengers #677 - Okay, it is about time to get this thing going!!!
Thanos #15 - Donny Cates is now on my top 10 writers list. Still young, but so damn good.
Marvel Two In One #2 - Man, this has some time stuff involved that makes me think Marvel is ready to Reset again. I mean the college days of Reed and Doom took place in what year now? Really? whoa boy ... changes are a coming.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:14:59 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »

As in twice in one month or once every other month?  (he asks having a sinking feeling what the answer will be)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »

- This was a very well written series, and I enjoyed it for what it was, but I had problems with it from the get go. All personal things that bug me more than anything wrong with the comic. Like, I hate when people do the "It has to be this way" thing until it is THEIR family involved and then suddenly the whole system is bad. Sorry, it was fine for every other parent other than yourself when they went through this, but now that it is you and yours suddenly you are a fighter of how wrong it is? This just reminds me too much of politicians. They scream how "point A" is really the only true way to go that makes sense, until it is their ass on the line for "point A" and then it becomes "Oh, we must change this system". BAH! How about before any rule or law gets put into effect you just stop and think what you would want to do if it was your child, your mom, your dad or whomever that had to go through what you are proposing and then tell my how you feel about it.
This is the best way. This has to work
Oh wait, my kid is going to have to do what I have been saying for years?
Well ... no, no "I am NOT having MY KID go through that"
(I guess it was okay for other fathers though, huh?)
Good mini, just hate the thought process. Too much like real politicians/cops/people in charge. Always good until it is them that is going through it.

Yep - totally agree.  I liked the mini as well.  It was a lot of fun.  BUT - that premise was so BS.  It was the only thing that made my eyes roll.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:16:27 AM »

As in twice in one month or once every other month?  (he asks having a sinking feeling what the answer will be)

Hahaha. Ya know what, I know it's not, but I swear Marvel is the sole responsible party for everyone's confusions on this "bi-(time)" issue. Way back when with Amazing being labeled bi-weekly, which of course is either twice a week or every other week. I blame them.
 Grin
Yes, sadly it will be the bad bi-monthly. Every other month.
 Undecided
(would be nice just to make bi-whatever, mean twice-whatever and semi-whatever mean every other-whatever, yeah?)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »

Was able to get a few more in before midnight last night (well, one of them was after, but close enough  Wink)

Kill or Be Killed #15 - Just another great issue of the series. If you are not reading this then I just can't explain why you should. Hahaha, I know that is weak, but damn it, you should know to read Brubaker anyway. Love the "Demon" here.

Michael Cray #2
Michael Cray #3
Michael Cray #4
- Okay, the art is still a little rough, but I am digging this title now. This series has Cray going after
and killing bad/evil versions of DC Heroes, like Flash, Aquaman and Green Arrow
. Pretty cool way they are doing it too.

Batman #38 - Tom King is the most ... I just don't get it. How can I love, absolutely adore his maxi-series stuff yet want to pull my hair out over his ongoing work? I really enjoyed the last couple of issues but this one, which just makes Batman an idiot, just loses me.

Superman #38 - This was good. Like an old DC X-Mas issue is what this felt like. Really good. Really like Superman. Good Job all around.

Sherlock Frankenstein #4
Detective Comics #970
Detective Comics #971
Detective Comics #972
Detective Comics #973

Doomsday Clock #3
Hal and the GLC #37
Super Sons #12
The Wild Storm: Michael Cray #1

Avengers #677
Thanos #15
Marvel Two In One #2

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 05:24:24 PM »

Batman #38 - Tom King is the most ... I just don't get it. How can I love, absolutely adore his maxi-series stuff yet want to pull my hair out over his ongoing work? I really enjoyed the last couple of issues but this one, which just makes Batman an idiot, just loses me.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping this and just getting my Batman fix from Detective even though that is really a team book.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »

Didn't finish up my "To Read" list but that's ok.  Just gives me more next week!

Marvel Unlimited
Weapon X 5
Spider-Men II 1
Old Man Logan 26
Hulk 8

Defenders 3
Ultimates 2 #9
Totally Awesome Hulk 25
Mighty Thor 21
Luke Cage 3
Daredevil 24
Astonishing X-Men 1

ComiXology
Aquaman 32
Batman 39
Detective Comics 973
Doomsday Clock 3
Justice League 37
Nightwing:  The New Order 6
Super Sons 12

Titans 12
Titans 13
Titans 14
Titans 15
Titans 16
Titans 17

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »

I'm seriously thinking of dropping this and just getting my Batman fix from Detective even though that is really a team book.

And I can understand why.
I can't, as I HAVE to have the Batman title, just HAVE to Cheesy, but if you don't HAVE to ... RUN AWAY!!!
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS