HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:00:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 27, 2017  (Read 11592 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »

Added Superman and Teen Titan issues for the Super Sons crossover.

Marvel Unlimited
Hulk 7
Thanos 8
Star Wars 32

ComiXology
Nightwing: The New Order 1
Nightwing: The New Order 2
Nightwing: The New Order 3
Nightwing: The New Order 4
Red Hood & The Outlaws 17
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 2
Jessica Jones: Alias TPB Vol 2
Aquaman 31
Batman 37
Copperhead 16
Dark Nights: Metal 4
Faith and the Future Force 1
Faith and the Future Force 2
Faith and the Future Force 3
Faith and the Future Force 4
Harbinger Renegade 7
Justice League 35

Add: Superman 37
Super Sons 11
Add: Teen Titans 15
Motor Girl 9
Motor Girl 10
Ninjak 0
X-O Manowar 7

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 08:22:36 PM »

WARNING!

If you aren’t caught up on Tim Drakes escape from Mr Oz in Detective Comics you will be completely SPOILED if you read the SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW Crossover!!!!

It’s a continuation of what starts in Detective!  (Which makes me more excited for it!)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:24:08 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »

Teen Titans #15
and for Christmas, a buddy gave me the Rainbow Batman Lego

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »

Teen Titans #15
and for Christmas, a buddy gave me the Rainbow Batman Lego

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That’s awesome!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 09:52:12 PM »

WARNING!

If you aren’t caught up on Tim Drakes escape from Mr Oz in Detective Comics you will be completely SPOILED if you read the SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW Crossover!!!!

Well, kinda. Isn't it
... well ... a "different" Tim?
Maybe not, but that is how I read it as I wasn't caught up on Detective either. Almost stopped when I reached the "* - this event took place in Det #'s blah through blah" but carried on anyway. Am I wrong in thinking it is a different Tim? A future Tim? Or is it "our Tim" that has been time displaced?

Kinda late for me either way  Cheesy, but that is how I took it. If I am wrong I am just going to put my fingers in my ear and go yah, yah, yah, yah each issue of this crossover.
 Cheesy
(and you did see where it will be continued for 5 total issues, yeah?)

And Rodney - Nice!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »

AUGH TOO COOL!!!

THE ENDING OF PART 2 OF SUPER SONS OF TOMORROW!!

I MAY BUY TEEN TITANS 15 !!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 01:08:17 AM »

AUGH TOO COOL!!!

I'm out. Read all three and while the art in TT #15 was sooo much better (that was some yucky art in Super-Sons) I am just not happy with how some of these "heroes" reacted and what they decided.
And if that artist is still on Super-Sons after this x-over, I am off of that too.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »

AUGH TOO COOL!!!

I'm out. Read all three and while the art in TT #15 was sooo much better (that was some yucky art in Super-Sons) I am just not happy with how some of these "heroes" reacted and what they decided.
And if that artist is still on Super-Sons after this x-over, I am off of that too.
 Angry

I can see your point on this. And does Tim (whatever version he may be) really need ANOTHER identity? But I love the return of the original Bart/Kid Flash as a Titan of Tomorrow?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 04:26:45 AM »

ok finished at it he last minute!

Marvel Unlimited
Hulk 7
Thanos 8
Star Wars 32

ComiXology
Nightwing: The New Order 1
Nightwing: The New Order 2
Nightwing: The New Order 3
Nightwing: The New Order 4
Red Hood & The Outlaws 17
Thief of Thieves TPB Vol 2
Jessica Jones: Alias TPB Vol 2
Aquaman 31
Batman 37
Copperhead 16
Dark Nights: Metal 4
Faith and the Future Force 1
Faith and the Future Force 2
Faith and the Future Force 3
Faith and the Future Force 4
Harbinger Renegade 7
Justice League 35
Superman 37
Super Sons 11
Add: Teen Titans 15
Motor Girl 9
Motor Girl 10
Ninjak 0
X-O Manowar 7

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »

Cheesy
Someone got their days wrong.
 Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 01:13:52 PM »

With one more day still to go  Wink Grin  I got a decent amount in so far. Not Jeff worthy  Smiley, but good for me  Smiley

Super Sons #11 (part 2) - Horrible art absolutely tarnished how good Superman #37 was
Teen Titans #15 (part 3) - Horrible characterization (but so much better art) killed this x-over for me.
Nightwing #35 - Pretty good start. Happy I gave this title another try
Hawkman Found #1 - The ending was a tad confusing,
I guess he is the Hawk avatar creating the worlds in the Forge ... or the Hawk avatar destroying the forge?
I forget which way that was suppose to go but I was having a bad day so lots of drugs may have clouded my mind a tad. Not a bad book, but another prime example of me starting to really need recap pages or wait and read lots at the same time.
 Undecided

X-Men Grand Design #1 - Started well, but tiresome after 3/4 or so. Not awful, but ... well, just 'meh'.
Star Wars Last Jedi: Storms of Crait - Wow this was bad. All over the place pacing, bad dialog, creepy photo'like art, and totally horrendous story/plot with parts that just made no sense at all. I am glad to know how the Rebels found the salt world of Crait, I just wish someone would have just told me instead of me wasting my time dragging my eyes across these pages.
 Angry Angry
Oh it did have a couple possible shout outs to the extended Universe. Maybe. Not that it would have made the book any better had I knew them already or not. Man, gonna take awhile to get the taste of this SW story out of my mouth.
I know what Jimmy feels like now.
 Grin Wink Smiley

Curse Words Holiday Special #1
Rom and the Micronauts #1

Action Comics #993
Action Comics #994

Superman #37 (part 1)

Moon Knight #190
Marvel 2 in 1

Doomsday Clock #2

Thanos #14
Uncanny Avengers #30 (Last issue of series)

Ninja-K #2

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »

Cheesy
Someone got their days wrong.
 Wink

Oh you so are right!  These holiday's and not being at work for almost two weeks really screwed with my head!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »

Able to get a couple more knocked out last night ... one after midnight, but going here anyway, DAMN IT!!
 Grin

New Superman #18 - Oh my poor book. Glad the team is getting together now. No more Superman (Clark)
Doomsday Clock #2 - So damn good. Really. Feels like old times, but I like thismore than I ever did Watchmen, at least so far. Not that THAT was really hard to do, but this is still so much better to me, if I am honest. Even though I know that is blasphemy. Hoping it maintains.

Super Sons #11 (part 2)
Teen Titans #15 (part 3)
Nightwing #35
Hawkman Found #1
Action Comics #993
Action Comics #994

Superman #37 (part 1)

Moon Knight #190
Marvel 2 in 1
X-Men Grand Design #1 
Star Wars Last Jedi: Storms of Crait

Curse Words Holiday Special #1
Rom and the Micronauts #1

Failed to get to  Angry

Thanos #14
Uncanny Avengers #30 (Last issue of series)

Ninja-K #2

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS