HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:21:11 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS  (Read 28445 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »

Maybe my expectations were sufficiently low enough that it’s hitting me better.  If it only goes up from here I think
I’ll be in for awhile.

It certainly goes up with episode #3. I was really pulled back in hard after that episode and was looking forward to, hell, excited about seeing the Doom Patrol in episode 4, but that was when I fell back down again. Not that it was terrible, but I don't know, just not worth paying for on a monthly basis I guess. Once they get their comic service right and I pay by the year, I will certainly watch the entire run, but I am not willing to throw out another $8 just for the Titans show.

But then again, now that Comixology no-longer has the Manhunter issues that I need on-sale for under a buck (they are now back to $1.99), I may sign back up just to read those. I mean, I need I will have to buy at least, at LEAST 2 issues of Manhunter most likely, so $4 for just those or $8 for those, the Titans show, plus whatever else I can start (and hopefully finish) in a month? Hmmmmm? Maybe?

My one complaint is the over use of the F word.  Really unnecessary and detracts from the characters.

Agree. And I love the F Bomb. Love it.  Cheesy When it fits the scene ... or more to the point, when it fits the scenery.
Not really bothered over by "Robin" saying it that once in episode 1, it just didn't hurt my feelings or my ears, but what I want to hear and what I need to hear in Sapranos is not what I want or need to hear in Titans. The world is different. Heck, it even sounds kinda weird when I hear it Daredevil, and I should hear it a lot there (New York crime and all) but here it just seems out of place, even when the "bad guys" say it. Odd, but a fact.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 07:36:48 PM »

My one complaint is the over use of the F word.  Really unnecessary and detracts from the characters.

Agree. And I love the F Bomb. Love it.  Cheesy When it fits the scene ... or more to the point, when it fits the scenery.
Not really bothered over by "Robin" saying it that once in episode 1, it just didn't hurt my feelings or my ears, but what I want to hear and what I need to hear in Sapranos is not what I want or need to hear in Titans. The world is different. Heck, it even sounds kinda weird when I hear it Daredevil, and I should hear it a lot there (New York crime and all) but here it just seems out of place, even when the "bad guys" say it. Odd, but a fact.

You are spot on there.  I can hear it all day long in Saprano's and not blink an eye.  And Robin's use of it in the first episode was made sense for setting up his angst.  Seemed to have a point.  But the rest just feels awkward.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »

Episodes 3 & 4

Enjoyed both of these episodes.  The Doom Patrol looked a little campy but I think they pulled it off.  For me Raven really draws you in.  She’s doing a great job.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »

Watched episode #5 and yeah, I don't think I will miss the show too much.
It is what it is, a decent show, that did get better from it's horrible episode two debacle, but nothing that I would pay $8 a month for ... at least not yet.

Once DC gets the comics in order, stops pulling down from the site, or the Swamp Thing series starts (which ever comes first  Smiley)  I shall revisit that ideology  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 07:44:48 PM »

Watched episode 5 this morning.  I liked it but I totally understand why this isn't for Perry.  It's more like a dark version of a CW show.  Kind of a darker version of Arrow.

For example: 
Dick doesn't need to apologize over and over again to everyone because he was going to leave Raven at Hawk & Dove's house.  One "Sorry but I was going to come back" to Raven should have sufficed.

Interestingly enough, I'm watching these at the same time I'm finally watching Netflix's Punisher.  I hope no one wants to mess with me over the next couple of weeks.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »

Interestingly enough, I'm watching these at the same time I'm finally watching Netflix's Punisher.  I hope no one wants to mess with me over the next couple of weeks.   Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And yeah, I think you nailed my feelings on the show  Wink

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »

It's okay. I'm anxious to see Donna Troy in a couple weeks. As for the cost, I am also looking forward to season 3 of Young Justice: Outsiders. It's worth the $8.00 to me.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:43 PM »

Just went back and read all the posts on my feelings and yeah, they still hold true for the most part, but honestly I didn't mind all those things this time around. I guess after watching Stargirl and understanding just how much a caped hero show could be a mismatch, this one was not as bad?

I don't know

Don't get me wrong, there are still ots issues I have with the show especially with season 1's finale and the Trigon stuff (wow ... what horrible CG that was ... even with the simple stuff like where are the shadows on his muscles and why was this "god" breathing so rapidly from just walking?  Cheesy Cheesy honestly, go look at it  Grin Grin), but yeah, I got into it the more I watched.

Just started episode 2 of season 2, after the end of episode one where I was wanting more of a Titan's tower dang it, but my thoughts are pretty even keel as of now. I may make it all the way!!

Then to finish Doom Patrol I guess, before season 2 premieres.

Oh, and Jeff, if you didn't know already ... do NOT let the little one watch the Harley cartoon on DCU  Shocked I knew it was more adult than not, but I was not expecting that language. Yowza!
 Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:26 AM »

Once DC gets the comics in order, stops pulling down from the site, or the Swamp Thing series starts (which ever comes first  Smiley)  I shall revisit that ideology  Cheesy

Swamp Thing moved over to the CW.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:10 PM »

Swamp Thing moved over to the CW.

Yes, but just to re-air the episodes already produced. Just season 1, those already on DCU. Nothing new ... not yet anyway.

I'm struggling to get through the clunky acting and bad dialog flow in the non-CW Swampy, I couldn't image trying their version
 Grin

Although I did enjoy the guy that played Holland. Thought the casting was good there at least. To bad I don't expect more of him now that he is all green
 Smiley Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »

Soooo, I made it!

Made it through 24 episodes and I honestly have no idea how I did it.  Dialog and the abundance of verbalizing of emotional expression (which I finally realized is what I despise in this kind of shows) aside, there are a few episodes that contain that horrible "suddenly all alone" scene structure. Ya know the one, where a bunch of guys break up to find/fight a person or thing only to have one of them come across said person or thing and deal with the consequence of that all by themselves until the meeting or discovery is resolved and then, and only then, the rest of the group arrives ... too late.

UGH.

Twice in the last couple episodes this takes place. One of them ... I can't remember now exactly what it was (that is how bad I try and push those "happenings" out of my head) but something like ...
Someone breaks out of containment in Titans Tower (or something like that) and the search begins. All the heroes, about 7 of them at this point, rush to find the escapee, split-up (of course) and then when one of them finds that which they were looking for ... well, as I can't really remember what it was that happened, I will just say that bad things happen  Grin just in time for everyone, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OTHER TITANS, to walk in the room. Wow, what timing. I hate that crap!!!

Anyway ... guess I will check out season 3 when it hits.
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2021, 09:13:38 PM »

Season Three trailer

Shocked Shocked

]

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2021, 01:55:33 AM »

Holy cow that looks Awesome!!!!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »

Yeah it does!!!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2021, 11:39:00 PM »

WOW!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS