HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:14:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS  (Read 28443 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2021, 03:21:25 PM »

Season 3 premieres tomorrow!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

Season 3 premieres tomorrow!

HELL YEAH!!! Can't wait!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »

Yep Yep Yep

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »

Saw the first episode of season 3. Interesting and curious to see the birth of Red Hood. Not a fan of the actress playing Barbara Gordon, though.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »

Not a fan of the actress playing Barbara Gordon, though.

AT ALL!!!!

I Agree!!

1,000%

Not sure why she was the choice, as she looks, reacts, portrays nothing of the Barbara Gordon that I have known through the years and instead looks like it could be anyone BUT Barbara. Nothing against the actress personally, or course, but with the problems I have with this season, and there are a few ... some minor  Grin ... her casting is the one that leaves me scratching my head and "counting to ten" whenever she is on the screen. I mean, I just don't get it. I know this is a "different universe" and all that, especially with what happens, but they still should have spent a little more time and thought on casting such an important character. For Grayson if for no other reason.
BAH!!!

That said, I have watched all three current episodes and
while I loved the ending to the third episode, thought it was amazing, the reason it happened totally made no sense whatsoever. They twist characters (one in particular in this episode) to meet their own need ... AROUND their writing ... instead of writing the character as they should be, INTO the writing.

The writing is still a tad better than what I find on CW shows, but it still leaves me mad at times. I handled it better this time, not allowing it to totally ruin my experience, I'm just letting it roll of my back and not take it personally this time, but I honestly wish they would write an episode, walk away from it for a week and then come back and look how they made some of these characters react, act, talk, look, seem, and most of all, especially like in episode three ...respond.

I also wish Geoff Johns would get away from writing scripts and get back to writing comics. It is a tad easier for me to overlook things in print form.

And I know it seems like I am bashing this show, I am, a little ... but I do like it. I just know that I could like it so much more if they handled things a little better. There had to be a better way to get the fantastic result we had at the end of episode three. Had to be. As it was written ... how it accomplished just takes me right out of the scene, out of the moment and sadly, out of the emotion.
I don't mind having that character be the "cause" of that incredible cause and effect moment, hell, that is what should have made it a great moment (the action was still good, just not how we got there) but they way they had ... ARRGGHH ... NO. JUST ... NO
Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2021, 05:59:39 PM »

Episode 4 ... six minutes in SPOILERS !!!

This is the exact kind of crappy ass dialog I can't stand from shows such as these.

DO NOT LOOK BELOW UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE FIRST 3 ... and 6 minutes  Cheesy  WORTH OF EPISODES

Dawn, the reason for what happened at the end of episode three, now tells Dick that "how Red Hood is stopped matters"? In other words he should be brought to justice, not killed. But how in the hell can she say that after what she JUST DID ?!?!?! Remember? What she did at the end of episode three was totally out of character, right? Yes and what she says here, in episode 4 is more inline with how she SHOULD be portrayed/written, yes. But when she did that totally out of character thing last episode, she no longer can possibly say the line she just said. How Red Hood is stopped matters? Hey writers, yes it does matter, it does.
Crap, this is stupid ass writing!  Angry Angry Angry

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »

Episode 5 is up for our viewing pleasure. I find it very hard to believe that...

Ra's al Ghul left an active Lazarus pit in the basement of Arkham Asylum.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2021, 04:17:57 PM »

Episode 5 is up for our viewing pleasure.

I haven't watched it yet (haven't even finished episode 4 yet) but ...

I find it very hard to believe that...
Ra's al Ghul left an active Lazarus pit in the basement of Arkham Asylum.

Cheesy Cheesy
Sounds about par for the Geoff Johns writing staff  Undecided

I say that with little joy in my heart. I really like Johns comic writing, some of the best around (in my opinion), but his television stuff is just horrible. Heck even with the really cool episodes of Stargirl that he wrote that I halfway enjoyed ... that still could have been so much better ... he has yet to wow me in the slightest as a tv writer.
Add in that this episode is co-written with Johns by "amazing talent" of -
Bryan Edward Hill - Who has such wonderful works under his belt like X-Men Fallen Angels and Killmonger for Marvel and grand hits like Michael Cray and Batman and the Outsiders for DC (I think some may have liked that Outsiders run, but I am not on that list  Smiley)
and
Akiva Goldsman - Famous for writing both Batman Forever and the Batman and Robin films ... as well as turning two really cool books: Grisham's A Time To Kill and the more recent Stephen King's Dark Tower  to trash movies that my eyes have yet to recover from Roll Eyes Roll Eyes and well, you get what you get
(Of course Akiva also wrote A beautiful Mind which I did enjoy)

I just don't know if I want to come back or not.
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2021, 04:34:45 PM »

I started episode 1 but had to stop as the family rolled in from tennis practice and took over my day.  You guys aren’t making me too excited about getting into this.   Cheesy

Still, I’m going to try and get caught up here this week since I finally finished Loki.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 10:45:14 AM »

Well it is "better" than the first two seasons, honestly (even with my issues that include the total reach with the Barbara Gordon casting that is so damn confounding), and I will finish it one day, way down the line perhaps, but I hit these dialog or structure problems that are so easily avoided (especially from a guy that was in comics, should know what these characters would and would not do and should and should not say) and I just scratch my head. It boggles my mind that someone, anyone, that spent years reading comics, much less writing them, would have characters do some of the stuff shown or say some of the other. What kills me with a lot of the action is it is typical television streeeeetching of action.

Where as in Flash, every other episode you had people running off to "talk"  Roll Eyes here, in this, you have people not saying a damn thing when they should or doing things that ... ARRCHHH

For example, with the not talking aspect, and without spoiling anything -
If character "A" does something that makes no sense to Character "B", I mean none whatsoever, why would character "B" not try and discover what the hell is going on? Instead, for no reason at all, "B" just walks away from it, without trying to find out what the hell is going on. It drives me crazy. And these are "Heroes" don't forget. Not like they are not used to trying to help or trying to solve problems. But no, why do the right thing, in-line with the character, when you can draw the "tension" out for 5 more episodes? It is stupid, American TV is famous for it, and that is why I never watch network tv anymore.

It is lazy ass, stupid writing.

But yeah, season 3 is better so far
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »

But yeah, season 3 is better so far
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I did finish episode 1 today and I see what you mean about the writing.  Still robotic IMO and they spend way too much time with "look how cool I am because I can use curse words!" stuff that it's cringe worthy.  But for what it is - I was good with this first episode.  Interested so far in the direction even though I wasn't as wowed as I thought I'd be from the trailer.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2021, 12:44:45 AM »

Made it through episode 3.  I agree with Perry on that one characters actions being “out of character”.  Thankfully the rest of the episode is good enough that I was able to ignore it.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2021, 01:21:07 PM »

I really enjoy Blackfire's character even though her back story is inaccurate.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2022, 03:46:06 PM »

New trailer for Season 4....

https://youtu.be/peeO4bwuPys
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »

Cool!  And it doesn't look like they've given too much away either.  I really like that!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS