HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:17:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC House of Horror  (Read 3578 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:44 AM »

Holy cow! This book was insane. Very harsh. Very cool. Not what I was expecting at all and I am glad I took the time.

This little (huge) book has about 10 stories of good ole' creepy horror starring most of the DC main-liners and it doesn't hold back. This is a TRUE horror book. I didn't expect that. I expected more of a Scooby-Doo type of horror book, showing no true grit, more cute type of Halloween stories but that is far from what is here. This puppy has some good hard stuff. Not over the top, but not for kids either ... not at all.

This thing starts out with a story of Superman's landing as a baby on Earth but this isn't our Kal-El. This kid? Whoa!! Wonder Woman is next followed by a surreal Harley story. Batman's was okay but then you get the Brian Keene JLA story that was really cool (loved the ending). A Green Arrow story that was pretty sweet and had a crazy twist to the plot. Next was a Two-Face story that I kinda skimmed over as I did the last one which had Billy Batson. I was just to tired last night to finish. I am certainly going back to the Billy Batson one (it was more of a "possession" story which really does make sense  Cheesy) and maybe I will look more at the Two-Face as well. 

If you like decent horror stories that are made somewhat better when the are featuring your comic peeps, give this a shot!

8 outta 10

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »

hey Perry, do you mind if i share this with Brian Keene on Twitter? 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

Nope. We put it out for all to see
 Smiley

At least this one is a compliment that will be shared to a creator
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS