HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 06:34:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Two In One  (Read 4875 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 13, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »

Coming in December!  Will we finally get the Fantastic Four back?

Marvel Two-In-One #1
Chip Zdarsky / Jim Cheung
Cover by Jim Cheung
"The Fate Of The Four Part 1"
THE FOUR ARE NO MORE, SO TWO MUST DO! Something is very wrong with THE HUMAN TORCH and only THE THING can help him! It’s the Marvel Universe reunion you’ve all been waiting for (well, HALF of it, at least!).  Plus: What monumental secret has DOOM been hiding since the end of SECRET WARS, and how will it completely change the lives of Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm?

https://www.newsarama.com/36372-marvel-two-in-one-1-reunites-ben-grimm-johnny-storm-to-do-what-the-ff-does-best-in-marvel-legacy.html

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:03:11 PM »

Will we finally get the Fantastic Four back?

Or maybe not...

https://www.newsarama.com/35805-why-marvel-doesn-t-publish-the-fantastic-four-and-what-it-will-take-to-make-them-start-again.html

Best quote from this article in regards to the Fantastic Four is from Hickman, "If you want someone to care about a book, write a story they care about.”

Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:43:32 AM »

Cheesy

That could be true, but I am still on the conspiracy side that thinks Perlmutter is to blame.   Wink

When you have titles that are flopping left and right and publishing crap like (to only name two) Unstoppable Wasp or Starbrand and Nightmask (remember THIS publishing gem?) at the same time literally pushing the hell out of titles like Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur or Squirrel Girl to the point of nausea, all the while thinking that having three ... THREE Black Panther titles is a good thing for sales, yet you still refuse to even try the FF ... Yeah, sorry, it aint about coming up with a "good" FF story.
 Angry

Word is this is a test for FF ... maybe?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »

Word is this is a test for FF ... maybe?

That could be good.  Maybe we should buy multiple copies and get those numbers up.  Wink Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 12:45:53 AM »

I believe Marvel is trying to go with the philosophy of 'time makes the heart grow fonder'

The longer the FF are gone, the more people will want it when it comes back.

Unless time goes too long, and people simple wouldn't care then either.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS