HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:39:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jupiter's Legacy  (Read 5358 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 31, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »

I've picked this up and it's really good.  Anyone else reading?

I think it's bi-monthly.  Great story using a familiar theme.  It's about two generations of heroes.  The "golden age" type heroes who beloved by the public and their rotten offspring who are exploiting their public image or just going down the entitled brat path.  There's also an unspoken secret as to how the first generation got their powers.

Thumbs up from me. Pick this up!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

Like most Image books, its on my TPB/HC "to buy" list  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »

I picked up all 3 (out so far)

Jupiter's Legacy (vol 1, with Quitely art)
Jupiter's Circle (vol 1 & 2, all the stuff in the past, watching the heroes starting walking down poor paths

So, I'm going to talk about these 18 issues...so...okay, talked myself into the spoiler tag when necessary.

I love how Millar can, when he wants to, just let art, or very few words tell a scene. I don't think anyone is truly better than showing 'a picture is worth a thousand words' than Frank Quitely. An arched eyebrow, a cocked eye, even where he sits the camera in relation to the word boxes, I just love it!!

Especially in Legacy when
when his mom shows up and says 'I'm the hero. You've already lost' and then all shit just goes down! And then the one panel of all the soldiers in a row, then Hutch appearing with a train right through all of them! Damned if that wasn't a display of power!!

In Circle, it's fun to watch the Bronze Age hero the Utopian never change or adjust. You just can't help but feel he's ...wrong. And then, the shit with his brother, and Penny? Sammy? Damn, can't remember the gf's name to him and Starfox, but the last 4 issues were fantastic. I don't think I need much more in the way of watching the past events, but and do rather hope it does only go another 6 issues with Quitely to finish off Legacy. Great, succinct writing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »

Finally read issue 5.  Great ending.

But that last page....2019!?!?!?  I can't wait that long for the third volume!!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:58:09 AM »

How long? DAMMIT.

At least those 5 issues are another part of the whole I can read until then, right? I hope!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »

Got the next volume! Can't wait to read!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS