HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:14:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IT  (Read 9882 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

IT
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »

If i have to crawl my way, I will be there for this movie.

My favorit'ist'bestiest book of all time and this looks good. Hope it is part one, as there seems to be no adults in this one.

Spoilers if you haven't read the book !!!!

I WILL NOT FLOAT!!!!

EDIT - And in all seriousness, if you have never read IT or you have and you love it, rush out and order the audio book narrated by Steven Weber (of Wings fame). The ultimate combination of text meeting vocals. He does a great job with the characterization, vocal changes and pushing emotion through the speakers. Incredible.

Listen for free with trial membership [url-https://www.audiobooks.com/audiobook/it/251500]HERE[/url] or HERE Trust me, worth your ear time!!!!

One of the very few books that I have more than one copy of. I have a reader copy, three different publishing cover versions, two hardbacks and of course, the audio book which I got from my loving wife. She and the audio book of IT are both amazing, but for totally different reasons ... although at times they can both scare the living shit out of me.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:14:40 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »

I'm going to see this later today.  Soooooo looking forward to ...well, IT.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »

Sooo scared to look at this thread, so please forgive me if it takes me months to come back. Avoiding spoilers like a mofo with this one

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:31:48 AM »

no spoilers yet, perry, but I will say this...

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  My only complaint, and I don't think this is spoiler-ish, but some of the characters weren't as fleshed out as I would have liked but then again, the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

go see it.  don't wait.

I give it 9 S.S. Georgies out of 10.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 12:55:02 AM »

I give it 9 S.S. Georgies out of 10.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Oh so cold, but oh so funny
 Cheesy Cheesy

And I say again, everyone, get the Steven Weber narrated audio-book of IT. You will NOT be disappointed. My favorite item in the house ... *looks over shoulder* ... and that is including the wife

Ba-dum-tisssshhh!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »

Finally saw this.
Really enjoyed it as well, although ... and not really a spoiler, really but 
I could have done without all of the hugs. This movie has lots of hugs that should have been left on the editing room floor. I was 10-12 once, also in a pack of pretty close friends and there was not a lot of friendship hugging going on. Lots of ribbing, like in this movie, but not so touchy-feely. Although we didn't battle a ancient evil either.
 Grin

It's there in the book, but just didn't go over too well for me. Almost made this flick like the Goonies in a way.
Eh, what can I say.
 Grin

But seriously, they did a good job with this overall, and it was certainly worth the time. I do also wish Pennywise could have been a tad more different, without the buckteeth, but as I read this many a year ago and made up my own vision of Pennywise, I guess the chance of them getting the picture of MY version was a long shot. Still a good movie, still a great partial adaption ... which brings me to one of my favorite things ... that final image of text that made me happy.
IT - Chapter ONE
Smiley

Off now to listen to this King offering again, via the best audio book ever!!!
 Smiley Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS