HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:35:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who do you think of ...?  (Read 10368 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 29, 2017, 05:30:42 PM »

After posting about Bullseye, I started wondering if there is anyone else in the "real world"  that I use when reading comics and that led me to wonder if you do the same thing as well.

Do any of you "visualize" real person "blank" when you read a comic character? IE - when you read Superman, does Christopher Reeve pop in your head? Either the look or the actor's portrayal? Does anyone see Michael Keaton when you read Batman's dialog (I certainly hope not, but it could happen I guess  Cheesy).

Does movie casting affect your comic reading inner-sight? Or does, as my case with Bullseye, any real world person come into your comic reading? Or do you not do this at all?  Cheesy

After seeing Mad Max: Fury Road (great movie), Taboo (even better TV show, truly amazing) and even Bronson (a Great character piece), Tom Hardy is not Batman for me. All those roles just scream the Bat to me. Forget Bane, Tom Hardy is Batman every time I read the character.

Sadly or maybe poetically, Robert Downey Jr is indeed Iron Man for me now. I just can't help it. The bastard pops into my head whenever I read or imagine Iron Man. I can't even think of who I used to think about ... younger Tom Selleck? Hahah, sorry, that mustache got me thinking. Yeah, no idea who I used to picture, but RDJ is Iron Man now.

There is a local news anchor around here that always popped into my head when I used to see Black Cat. Ha, I guess that was some weird childhood fantasy. Still, whenever I see Black Cat that girl is the woman I see.

I know there are more, tons more, but for now how about you guys? Any real non-actor person, real actor or actor's portrayal that fills your head when you read comics?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »

Does it count that I see Perry when reading J Jonah Jameson?

(just kidding they don't look anything alike)   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:51:23 AM »

JEFF!!! GET IN HERE!!!!

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »

Not so much actors but voices.

I really noticed it recently when reading the Spidey book set early in his career...I hear the voices from the 60s toon.  Especially the issue with the vulture...I could clearly hear the scraggly voice from the toon.  Never heard when reading amazing or any other appearance over the past 40 hrs but when I read that New series (thinks it's already cancelled...I am about Ayr behind on Mac) I could hear it as if I were watching it.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »

nope.  you're the only freak driving that bus.

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »

I honestly really don't, to be honest.

Now, if you ask, there are certain artists I always think of when creating a presentation of a character.

I always think of Curt Swan, John Byrne, and Dan Jurgens when I think of how Superman looks.

Batman is easily defined most by Neal Adams in my mind.

Spider-man? John Romita Sr, Todd MacFarlane, and Mark Bagley.

Hulk is Dale Keown, John Buscema, and Gary Frank.

Etc, etc...I could do on and on and on and on and on....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »

Well, it is now proven, I guess I am just one odd cookie
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:43 AM »

The voice of Spidey will always be of the voice actor from Spider-man and his Amazing Friends though.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 01:43:07 AM »

The voice of Spidey will always be of the voice actor from Spider-man and his Amazing Friends though.  Grin

YES!  and I also read Iceman in that same way.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 02:37:54 PM »

Indubitably.  Wink Cheesy Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »

Cheesy  Me too.

For Wolverine, I hear Steve Blum, the voice actor that portrayed him in X-Men Legends games and in one cartoon series, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

For the DC characters, I pretty much hear the voice actors that portrayed them in the animated Justice League series (replacing the voices from the Super Friends left over from my childhood memory  Wink Cheesy )

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 12:30:31 AM »

Nightwing and Brandon Lee.

Every time I see a B. Lee movie, I want to read a Nightwing comic.
Every time I read a Nightwing comic, I want to see a B. Lee movie.

Both trained by the best at what they did.
Both living in the shadows of cultural icons.
Both expected to continue a legacy that's too much to put on anyone.

This does my heart good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS