HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:13:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SACRED CREATURES  (Read 7600 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 09, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

...or the Comic That Never Ends
 Cheesy

So ole inker Klaus Janson joins with artist Pablo Raimandi to write Sacred Creatures. A comic that brings a $4.99 price tag but a comic that feels like it has 468 pages. It is actually only 66 or so, but man it just kept going, and wisely so, really. There is something here, sure, but what I think they did wisely was give us readers 3 issues worth of story in one single issue as this doesn't scream "pick me up" right from the get go.

I always like to give titles three issues, or I used to like to do that, but it is hard now with pricing and all that, but here they actually gave us the three issues and it only cost $1 more to grab them. And you really need it.

The story isn't ramped up, it isn't a blazing fast read, but it is a good start to an interesting, though perhaps not wholly original, story about Gods (or beings that seem to be) here walking around like us regular boring humans.. It is almost like the Wicked and the Divine in the characters.

A pretty good first issue, well worth the price, for sure, to get you a taste of what the book will be about.

Really good art as well, in a realistic style.

I say give it s shot when it goes on sale. Even if you don't read past the first issue, it is so large, you almost get a trade for the price of one comic.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 03:49:26 AM »

has the second issue been solicited yet?  i got the first issue (or volume...tome, maybe) the other day but guess what, Perry? 

I HAVEN'T READ IT YET!!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »

has the second issue been solicited yet? 

I know issue #3 is being pre-selling now (should be up at DCBS), so I guess #2 was as well, though I didn't see it nor the cover yet
 Undecided

i got the first issue (or volume...tome, maybe) the other day

Haha, great!!! And yes, it is a large mo-fo indeed.  Cheesy

...but guess what, Perry? 
I HAVEN'T READ IT YET!!!!

Now that just proves that the universe we live in has changed little, if any way at all.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yes sir, glad to know that some things never change
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »

is the 2nd issue out yet?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:32 PM »

Not yet. August 9th

But have you read issue #1 yet?  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS