HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:45:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN / ELMER FUDD  (Read 4538 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »

Tom King is back!!! What an incredible piece of comic booking.

How do you mix the (in comics) seriousness that is Batman with the kid (and adult) loved Fudd'ster? You don't take Batman to Fudd,s world and make him a cartoon (though they did in the back-up feature to a pretty funny result) and you also don't try and bring Elmer into the current Gotham city, you basically create a DC World where they both exist as Noir characters, tell Lee Weeks to draw it and let the story flow as it will.

You guys must check this book out. It was so good.

Basically set in a bar, filled with all the human versions of the Looney Tunes characters, we first see Elmer walking in the rain (of course, it is in the Noir style  Grin) towards said bar where he says -
"Sometimes the wain comes down so hawrd you forwget you've ever been dwy ... My name is Elmer Fudd. I'm hunting wabbits. Shhhhh"
There, inside Porky's bar ( Wink), he sees his prey ... or should I say his prwy  Cheesy ... chewing on a carrot. His name is Bugs "the Bunny" and he woves the game so much...
 Cheesy

Okay, I could on on quoting the book but you really need to taste it, to ingest it yourself.
Batman vs. Fudd and Fudd is no joke!!
But why are they fighting?
Why?
You just got to wead this.
 Smiley

9 outta 10 - bottles of 80 proof carrot juice
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »

Ummmmm......no.  I refuse to get sucked into these crossovers.   Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »

Ummmmm......no.  I refuse to get sucked into these crossovers.   Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well these are not crossovers  Wink no, no Wink the are "Specials"  Wink One and done  Wink You don't have to read them all  Wink

But seriously, when and if you find it cheaper, you really should read it when you are in the mood for a laugh. It is the best one of the bunch yet, not even close. Although I am hoping that the Jonah Hex / Yosemite Sam one is the "Totes awesome"

(oh just shoot me now, that is honestly the first thing that came to mind. "Totes Awesome"? Yep, just shoot me now.)
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:50:25 AM »

One of the greatest issues ever produced! Bwhahahaha! Just loved it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »

One of the greatest issues ever produced! Bwhahahaha! Just loved it!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS