HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:45:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Umbrella Academy  (Read 5878 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 15, 2017, 09:59:20 AM »

So Multiversity Comics tells us that Netflix has signed a deal to make Way and Ba's Umbrella Academy.

This
is
great
news!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:50 PM »

I would love to see that!  I just hope it's as good as Daredevil.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:57:04 PM »

Releases on February 15.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 03:27:17 PM »

So what do you guys think?

We have only watched the first four episodes, but me likey!! The wife Likey even more than I do.  Cheesy I do think I would have been better served reading volume two of UA (Dallas) before watching as I think they are throwing stuff from that as well, but it damn sure keeps me guessing.
Ha
Heck, they have made some changes to the source material, but all of it works.

Hope to get through two more episodes tonight ... if the wife is up to it.
And I know she is
(Man, it feels weird to say that, I don't get to say that too much these days)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »

I haven't started it yet.  I just finished re-reading the first two Trade's so I'll let you know if they throw anything in there.  Although, I will say in the first trade the Dallas events are mentioned off the cuff.  I only noticed it the first time I read since, well I live in Dallas.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »

Cheesy
That would do it!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »

I’m home sick with bronchitis so I figured now was as good a time as any to binge this!

I’m through three episodes and I LOVE IT! Ellen Page is playing a great #7. This feels as good as the comic did.  I hope they keep it up.

And Hazel & Cha-Cha on screen? Absolutely awesome!  So glad they kept the masks in. I wasn’t sure they’d do it for TV.

Now on to episode 4.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 01:16:53 AM »

An amazing series!!!
Enjoy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »

Finished episodes 6, 7, and 8 today.  So hard to stop going and go to work.   Grin

I'm loving this series.  I can't wait for tomorrow to finish it!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS