HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:20:22 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speaking of art ...  (Read 3521 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 14, 2017, 05:42:31 PM »

I have no idea where it was now, but I remember Jimmy (rightfully) dumping on Marvel for their lack of prestige artists or even good ones for that matter here recently and I do totally agree with him, but I gotta tell ya ... over the last 4 months or so DC isn't exactly raising the bar higher in that regard.

Action Comics has looked god awful the last few months. I stopped reading it, but yeah ... yuk
New Super-Man has lost all that delicious art goodness due to the new artist
Flash, well, we already knew about that one
Titans, same thing really, but I guess both Flash and Titans are a matter of taste.
Flipping through the latest issues of Justice League, Green Lanterns, Suicide Squad (Sejic's issue aside of course) along with a couple other DC comics I don't read and yeah ... there seems to be an art shortage with both companies if you ask me.
 Undecided

I guess every major talented artist that isn't locked into a good contract are taking their services to the creator side of town. And I say good on 'em!!!

Piss on the Big Two raking in all that dough and not providing health care and other stuff employees should have.
Contractors Unite!!!
 Cheesy

I get that both of the B2 still have some great talent on staff, but remember the days when virtually every damn book had a great artist on it? Sure when you publish 103 comics a month like Marvel F'n does the talent pool wears thin quick, but yeah ... It is not 90's bad ... YET!!! But I am starting to fear is all I am saying.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:58:59 AM »

*stands with pitchfork and burning torch*

"YOU TELL'EM, STEVE-DAVE!!"  Cheesy Grin

Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing or saying at this time of night. I, too, hate wastrel artists filling gaps of time.

Flash, Titans, and Green Arrow are definitely a matter of taste. And it's not always tasty either.

What's wrong with Action? I liked this last arc; I can't remember his name, but it's not Zircher (who has not been paired with a inker that suits his style; that inker has been really chunky with his blacks)

Oh wait, it's , nope forgot.

But I get it, there's some not great stuff out there. At least Deathstroke has Priest working with long time collaborator Joe Bennett!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »

What's wrong with Action?

I have no idea what I saw, but I wasn't a fan of the last issue I flipped through. Of course I am behind on Superman, so maybe it was that title? And hell, in all fairness that could have been a fill-in as I am now thinking that Superman was the one that Gleason was on.
 Undecided

My bad.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS