HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:08:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mighty Captain Marvel  (Read 3882 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: July 29, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »

No no no NO NO NO.

Interior tag line is Earth's Most Powerful and Popular Super Hero? IN WHAT F*#@$ING WORLD?!! There is NO ONE that can possibly believe that of this character coming out of CW II. OH, and by the way, CW II is referenced as "the whole Ulysses mess." THAT'S ALL?!! That thing where by the book Carol denied everyone their rights as US citizens and do whatever the hell she believed was right? That dictator is the greatest hero!!!

Backing off...breathe Jim....but I have a hard time believing the fandom of @carolcorps is still truly behind the character.

I could barely finish the issue with the simple whitewashing of her history the last 8 months.

But whatever. It's going to happen in 3 more months with Captain America anyways. It's not like Marvel writes any consequence beyond the end of the final issue of their buzz event cycle.  Roll Eyes

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »

Cheesy

I know there are a lot of negative comments coming out for the entire run, so far, of CM.

Marvel's fault in the macro. I can't speak of the writing of the issue(s), but when Marvel sets up this "hero" to be the biggest ass munch in comics, you can't expect the 'old Carol Crowd' to be supportive. It is just laughable to think otherwise.

I feel sorry for the writer of the series. How can you stay true to the character when she has been shown not to be true to herself?

Canceled and reset closer to the movie release in 3 ... 2 ...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS