HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:51:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC Sales  (Read 3237 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 06, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »

EDITED -
Click HERE for Rebirth sales figures

I erased the rest.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:09:22 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »

I wonder if long story arcs to fit trade paper back length contributes to this problem.  If I'm reading issues each month and I hit an arc that doesn't interest me I wind up dropping the whole book.  If they went back to two, maybe three part stories I'd be more likely to hang on knowing the bad arc will be over soon and the next one might be back to good stuff.

Combo of high price and long story arcs killin the titles?  Also wouldn't hurt to make sure good writers AND good artists are on the books.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »

That is one of the (many) reasons I think print should give way to digital. You can pop in and out so much easier, without any feeling of "I need a complete run" or "Oh no! I missed an issue" that you have now. You read the one or two page preview, you pay your $1 if you want, or you come back later and check in again. Who cares if you don't have a complete run of digital files?
 Cheesy

Then, if you want to series to keep, or to hold or whatever, you go to the BOOK STORE, no darn LCS, and buy the trade or HC you want for a little bit steeper price point.

There is nothing wrong with making the first prints of trades where the money lies for collectors instead of a flimsy, monthly floppy.

Think about it, comics are priced so high to help the comic store owners. Start selling them cheaper online first and then for the same $20 for a trade at Barnes and Noble or Amazon and make the world a better place, I say
 Grin Grin Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS