HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:46:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And another thing about Marvel ...  (Read 3625 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »

... that is pure speculation ...  Grin What if Lemire left Marvel because they wouldn't give him the Fantastic Four?

I am sure it wasn't that, really, but what if it wasn't just about editorial or any other more valid point but instead Jeff left Marvel for their refusal to give him the F.F to write. I mean they are refusing to let anyone write it, so it seems, but maybe Lemire felt like he had a good idea.

The reason I bring this is up is for two reasons (both are bull, but still reasons that I personally think sound valid  Cheesy :

1 - DC is bringing back Kirby's original FF team/style plot when the Challengers of the Unknown hit the stands soon (A jab at Marvel?)

2 - (and thanks to countless other websies for hitting me over the head with this as I damn sure missed it the first time Cheesy):-
Lemire is not only writing a Hawkman title for DC, but he is also doing a title jokingly called (I hope it is a joke) The Terrifics.
Now get this, The title will consist of the following characters -
Elongated Man - A super stretchy-bendy type character
Mr Terrific - DC's super smart guy (some say the smartest, even over Lex, but some place him down as low as third)
Metamorpho - DC's strange looking (yet fun loving) character that looks like some odd ... I don't know ... 'thing'.
and
Phantom Girl - A woman that can turn intangible. Making her almost ... invisible at times?

Does this team set sound familiar? Just add Fire from the JLI and yeah ... Lemire gets his Fantastic Four!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »

That sounds....terrific!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS