HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:51:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youngblood  (Read 4109 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »

I never read the original so I have not expectations of this book.  I am, however, curious and thinking about trying this out.

Has anyone read the first issue yet?  I think #2 comes out Wednesday.

Should I try it out?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »

I have always loved the idea of most of Liefeld's character design stuff. Yes, it is true. Even though he could never draw properly and stole borrowed most of his ideas from others, I have always hoped that someone would come along and, like crazy man Moore did with his Supreme and Brandon Graham (and the great Simon Roy) did with his Prophet, remake his Bloodstrike, Brigade and Youngblood titles. I just want a great series on these crazy cool looking characters/teams.

I try each time they re-do something of Rob's and this, while still not as fun as it could be or should be (or shouldn't be?) was pretty decent. I didn't care for the "Dynamite" looking art, but the story, while distant from the original Youngblood, mostly, was ... okay.

Should you try it? Man, I am honestly not sure. My history or what I dreamed about his characters certainly clouds my mind, so I can't really say. I don't think it was worth the price, but ... but maybe it was. My enjoyment could easily be lessened because of what I want to happen with this (and his other) team(s), so ... yeah ... I'm no help.

If you haven't read Moore's Supreme, you should. And Prophet was so damn crazy ... I loved it. But you really have to love wild ass Sci-Fi to enjoy the Prophet remake (honestly don't think you would like that). Here, with Youngblood ... You may like it, but ...

hahaha
Okay, I will shut up now.
 Grin Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 09:30:25 PM »

Well I wouldn't get it until the normal Image price drop of $1.99 , of course.

How about at that price?  Still not sure?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »

Well I wouldn't get it until the normal Image price drop of $1.99 , of course.

How about at that price?  Still not sure?

I ... think so.
But hey, if no rush, I am hitting the LCS tomorrow ... let me take another look at it and let you know. That cool?
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:55:48 PM »

No rush at all.  It doesn't come before Locke & Key on the list.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS